RC poster

mini summit on tracks?

hello everyone! I am just getting back into rc after about 14 years. finally got my summit going after a bunch of troubleshooting which ended up just being the servo. anyways, I'm just wondering how the summit handles on a off road track since I have one near my ho.me. Does anyone run there's on tracks? Or are they more used for bashing in open areas? I've mainly seen people run the 1/10 scale stadium trucks and buggies at this track and on videos I've looked up. thanks.

Properly set up, it would run fine.

I imagine you would need to lower it
    Change out tires for something with less side traction (side traction = traction roll)
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC poster
    I was already planning on changing out the tires with something more lower profile but would still like to use the stock rims if possible, would this mean I need to regear it?

RC Qualifier
    I've tried to run mine on the track here local to me, but the track just seems to throw it around too much, and it's lowered with P2 rockers and running some knobby dirt-coarse tires. I typically find myself over at the ginormous dirt mount beside the track bashing on the little guy when I head out to the track instead of on the track itself, lol

but it's also going to depend on how well the track is setup too. this track here has some pretty rough spots, and that's where it's the hardest to keep under control

RC Racer
    i ran mine on the track. stock set up was not good at all, too much roll over around corners. Was much better with dirt hawg tyres, off set rims and the rear diff with thicker oil than the front! yesterday i actually had it at the track with summit tyres on it and a LOCKED rear diff, went pretty good, alot of sideways. Driving a stock summit on a track is just too much work coz ya have to slow down heaps to make a corner without rolling it all the time. Same track with the mini revo and no dramas at all. Flat stick all the time! lower the summit if ya wana drive it round fast rough tracks with ruts and holes are harsh on both trucks coz there little trucks!