RC Qualifier

6 Bodies painted this month...

Painting bodies is a fun challenge for me. Here the bodies i have painted in the month or so since i got a slash

Newest to oldest:

Last edited by RallySoob; 01-02-2012 at 09:49 PM.
    'Life is for living, not living uptight'

RC Qualifier
    Looks good I like the green. Gonna try painting my RS14 Slash body soon.
    XO-1, Roadrunner Slash

RC Qualifier

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    wow... thats a lot of painting!

RC poster
    Great job man... They all look great!
    A redline a day keeps the doctor away!

RC Racer
    Great job, some nice looking bodies. Would you mind putting up what paints you used?

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    I am really starting to like the desert militia body...
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    These were all for sl4sh, p2de, p4de, and rusty. I totally get it, its like an addiction, as you get better, you want to do another and step it up with every new body. I was buying 1-2 bodies a week for a while, and if I made I mistake, I was off to the lhs to get another the same day lol. Its like I had to redeem my self from the failure I just finished. Your doing a great job, and I can see the progress in your skills. How do you like the lime ice green? That's one of my favorite colors to paint. Your bajr looks Killa, mine was a one color job, first body I ever painted last year lol. Here's how it all started

About 3 months after my first lol

It all leads to a spectacular talent, one that pays off in an enormous smile and feeling of accomplishment. I painted this body, used some decals too but feel its my best work yet....

How are the creative ideas going for you? I feel that's the hardest part, coming up with something that hasn't been pasted all over the forum. And stepping back in skill feels like your cheating yourself lol so, its like you HAVE TO be creative and paint a notch above the last job lol, or at least for me it is. Check out this wing, after detailing this motor, I could cover it with a wing so the creative thinking left me with this window like wing (love the way it looks too.

hope you don't feel that I've cluttered your thread, if so, just hit the lil triangle on the left and ask the mods to drop this post. I wont take it personal. Great job with your painting, I can't wait to see how it all progresses in the future. I've got lots more bodies done sense these pix were taken, stuff like ghost flames and multiple layer masking so if you need some ideas, give me a shout. Still lots of them I haven't tried and never seen here, i'll share some with ya lol.

Judge, I did a lime ice, gold, and black RS14 looks really cool too.
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

RC Champion
    You guys have done a great job! Hmmm, I better jump in and give a couple a try soon. The asphalt road rash is taking its tool LOL!

Any particular brand or type of paints suggested??

RC Qualifier
    i really like the green chevy body

RC Qualifier
    Dang dreaded you have a problem about as bad as i do. I agree with everything said its a serious addiction in itself. I love peeling off that final coat of plastic revealing your hard work... Cant beat it!

Nice bodies man! Txs every1 for compliments

Paints: i used pactra mostly and one can of tamiya white

Pactra pearl white base on bajr with white back on bottom and black on top...heavy pearl base for both

Chev is lime ice with inca gold back with silver final back, blue is cobolt pearl blue with black back to reveal its color...inlove this blue. Gold stripe is inca gold backed with silver

Candy red on hummer, candy blue on raptor svt both with silver back.

All chrome is alcolade II with black backing

Im going to paint another chevy body soon and prob another svt too but jconcepts version as i find their lexan to be more durable by long shot

White hummer got a buggy hack job. I love the way this looks when driving too

Last edited by cooleocool; 01-04-2012 at 02:18 PM. Reason: post merge