Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Godspeed View Post
    ok... after reading through this i feel like the guy driving his beat-up rusted out geo metro into Mecum Auto Auction.... lol

anywho,

Im looking to get a charger for my lipos. (truck came with a Primal Radient charger, but not going to cut it...

batts: right now i have 2 2S 5000mah 30c lipos and WANT to get some SPC 8200 in the future.

so, my plan is to get something that will take care of both (incase i do get the 8200's; cuz if i dont, well then my 5000's will just be charged faster!!)

I like simplicity and dont want to break the bank.... upon searching on here i found the Thunder Power tp610c ac/dc charger being recommended. one or two of these would be great would it not? charge at 10amps!! bout $100 a pop. def get one now and another if i can score a deal on the flebays

so... will this suffice?!
    This is just my opinion... but $100 for 10 amps is too steep. An iCharger 106 is a 10 amp charger for $90. An iCharger 206 is a 20 amp charger for $125. Yes, I realize that these require a PS to use inside the home, but I feel that making an investment in your charge system will always pay off in the long run. Besides, a decent PS can be built for less than $30.

I have a buddy right now that is regretting not getting a bigger charger over his $75 10 amp "battery cooker". He is now running larger packs *like he said he never would* and is frustrated on how long it takes to charge... especially when I charge 24,000mAh of packs in 30 minutes and start running them down before he has 10,000mAh even charged.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Neutron View Post
    This is just my opinion... but $100 for 10 amps is too steep. An iCharger 106 is a 10 amp charger for $90. An iCharger 206 is a 20 amp charger for $125. Yes, I realize that these require a PS to use inside the home, but I feel that making an investment in your charge system will always pay off in the long run. Besides, a decent PS can be built for less than $30.

I have a buddy right now that is regretting not getting a bigger charger over his $75 10 amp "battery cooker". He is now running larger packs *like he said he never would* and is frustrated on how long it takes to charge... especially when I charge 24,000mAh of packs in 30 minutes and start running them down before he has 10,000mAh even charged.
    thank you very much for your input!! much appreciated!!
    an iCharger106 with PSU would be over 100 (there for, same amperage for technically more money)... does this have any benefits over the TP160c?
    the iCharger206, while the 20amps would be nice at $150, its not a dual charger is it? If it was, then it would be a better choice because it would essentially be cheaper than 2 TP160c's and would still have enough juice to charge 2 8200 lipos......right?!
    sorry for all the questions... im not a 'pull the tigger kind of guy' lol

RC Competitor
    The icharger 106 is good for the smaller packs. When I first got into lipo I bought the 106 for my 2s packs. Not a bad charger for the smaller packs. Once I got into 500 size helis I had to upgrade my charger for my 6s packs. I still use my 106 to charge the smaller packs for mervs and mini summits.

While all good info, let's review the thread title and try to get back on topic. For in-depth reviews and suggestions and advantages / disadvantages please feel free to start a new thread or search the multitude of existing ones. Thanks!
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Qualifier
    I have a Traxxas ez peak 2 amp for my 2/3a NiMh cells. My brother has an MRC superbrain 989 for the rest of the packs in the house.

I have an exceptional dc power supply...
    http://octopart.com/f15-15-a-power-one-10864

So I can charge all of my matched cells in one go (on my bros superbrain of course).

I know they are only NiMh, but I could not ask for better performance.

RC Qualifier
    I've been using the Onyx 245x for haft a year, and the AC2DC died on me. So I decided to go with a powerlab6 + parallel balance board for 6 packs + HP DPS-600PB server power supplies. The converted HP server PS DPS-600PB can provide 47Amp at 12.6Vdc. I got 2 of them, just using one for now since I don't see the need to connect them in series yet since my packs are 3s max.

This afternoon, it's up running for the first time. Below is a shot of Powerlab6 charging 4 2s packs in parallel at 35-37 Amp

RC Champion
    Got the usb cable, now needing to make myself a charging station. Maybe add another supply haven't decided on that yet. Also more lipos next week.

Problems.The manual's good starting point. Simple