RC Champion

Is Traxxas going to come out with any new nitro products

?
    Just wondering .
    A new TRX big block engine would be nice

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    I doubt it...

I am not trying to start any argument concerning Nitro VS Electric... but electric has more users than Nitro. Back in the day, Nitro was the ONLY way to get run time and power affordably. In this day and age; with LiPo batteries, brushless motors, ESC's, and chargers being so cheap and powerful... Nitro lost its competitive edge.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

In a box on Hwy. 64 bashin' with Bradley Youngskins!
    True dat Jimmie. Traxxas is/has aimed to be a beginner friendly brand. Nitro just isn't for what people seek in an RC car, budget is a good reason. Electrics are generally more easy to take care of, maintain, and afford. I actually started off in hobby-grade RC with nitro, difficult, but pretty awesome! haha

RC Champion
    I have a brushless revo 1/8th and a Brushless e maxx 1/8th too and love them both .
    I also love nitro trucks as well .
    I think Traxxas should at least give us a BB nitro motor.

I think Traxxas should at least give us a BB nitro motor.
    +1... It might be not be nitro powered though... I'd bet it could be gas powerd to compete with hpi's gas engine...
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

the 3.3 smokes alot of the other companies big blocks as is. not all, but alot, so i doubt they will go and make a big block since nitro is a dying breed anyway. i also started out with nitro, but then i seen the power of brushless and lipo. the nitro side has some cool things about but the big thing is maintenace ease and whatnot. yes i miss the sound and smell of my little nitro's but do i miss fighting with tune? maintenance? fuel costs? heck no lol. plus with electrics you can litterly drive them anywhere. and its all almost plug and play.
    there's no life like a LOW LIFE!
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    the 3.3 was the traxxas "big block" over the 2.5, although that really was a while ago now, I remember when it was released and it wasn't very long before people were asking for bigger. I think they should make a 1/8 buggy or truggy, and make the platform available as a nitro or electric. I have a 1/8 truggy with buggy tires and a buggy body and it looks like a total beast.
    I like turtles.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    +1... It might be not be nitro powered though... I'd bet it could be gas powerd to compete with hpi's gas engine...
    HPI has a 1:8 gas engine? Where? Show me one running. Really running.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

HPI has a 1:8 gas engine? Where? Show me one running. Really running.
    Oh, I know it hasn't come out yet, but I've seen and read the threads on it before...
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

A pic & a static model is a long way from a running one, I'll wait to see it running before I have an opinion of it.

If it runs as advertized then I believe it will be a big seller, but it's been over a year since the teaser pic's & nada, zip, zero for a vid of a running example.
    Look out for the tree/crunch!

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Neutron View Post
    I doubt it...

I am not trying to start any argument concerning Nitro VS Electric... but electric has more users than Nitro. Back in the day, Nitro was the ONLY way to get run time and power affordably. In this day and age; with LiPo batteries, brushless motors, ESC's, and chargers being so cheap and powerful... Nitro lost its competitive edge.
    Traxxas will likely come out with something for the Nitro fans, but it will likely just be an upgrade to what they already offer. The writing is on the wall and the trend is undeniable, everything is going electric. How many E-conversion kits are there out there to take a nitro to electric, now how many electric to nitro kits are there...
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Neutron View Post
    I doubt it...

i have to agree on this. few years back when the T MAXX was in traxxas was releasing a new model all the time. 2.5 wide maxx then the revo2.5 then the 3.3 came out. as stated chargers,lipos,brushless are so cheap why run nitro? i like nitro but eletric is so much easier. charger the battery up plug it in and you are set.

i would like to see traxxas release a updated version of the nitro ruslter or a nitro SCT i would buy one.
    Take Responsibility do not text and drive.