RC Racer

I'm not as good of a driver as I thought!

So it's clear to me that I am a little reckless with my Rally. I get a little trigger happy and end up sliding sideways into misc. obstacles because I don't leave enough room to stop. Wet pavement does not help the situation either. I have a Mini Summit and there is a lot more rubber on the ground to stop it then these little 26mm tires on the Rally. Love my car to pieces but I think I should stay away from series connector for a bit longer. Haha. Now don't think I am just treating my cars like garbage on purpose and that I don't take care of them. I am just not used to a drifter or street car yet.

Anyway the problem I have is sliding sideways into curbs or walls at 20 or 25mph. This has resulted in axle carriers in the rear just breaking left and right. (Pun intended) So in I'm looking for some fellow enthusiasts opinions on what to do. (Besides being a better driver. I'm already working on it.) I know RPM makes axle carriers and Traxxas makes aluminium pivot cups or whatever there called. I have also seen aluminium axle carriers that are third party. So whats the best solution to what is better. Thanks!

I know the problem. I got the caps popping out the rear knuckles only by hitting stripes on the asphalt. I just got GPM alu knuckles and steel tie rods.
    Other thing is that I will avoid similar collisions because when the knuckle is stronger, there will break something else like your rims for example.
    Nobody is born with experience.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    GPM or HR alloy knuckles...
    RPM knuckles allow the pillow and bearings to pop out on these.

You will still break the stock knuckle even with the better caps.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC poster
    my rpm knuckles have taken a serious beating. I would highly reccomend them. I have broken a chassis in half by hitting a curb sideways at over 50mph (2 3s lipos in parallel.) and the knuckles survived.

RC Racer
    hammerstien, do you still use the stock snap in inserts for those pillow balls with the RPM knuckles? I cannot imagine the look on your face crashing at 50mph+. Must have gone something like this;

If I had the choice to repair a broken chassis or repair 2 knuckles, I had an easy choice...
    And I know the difference, I broke the chassis of my Merv once.
    I'm very pleased with my GPM alu knuckles and rockers.

RC Racer
    Peterje60, so you think that the alu knuckles will hold up better but will give out faster in a nightmare of a crash? Meaning replacing knuckles instead a chassis in the event of a crash.

Quote Originally Posted by arcaptainic View Post
    Peterje60, so you think that the alu knuckles will hold up better but will give out faster in a nightmare of a crash? Meaning replacing knuckles instead a chassis in the event of a crash.
    I think alu knuckles prevent pillow balls popping out which happens more often with plastic versions.
    If you break a chassis in a crash, I dont really think a breaking plastic knuckle would have prevented it.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

RC poster
    I'm pretty used to breaking stuff as I am a basher. I spend as much time fixing it as driving it. If I want to not break stuff I drive one of my rustlers or bandits. They are all brushed and very well sorted out. this little mustang is stupid fast with lipo's and is really too small for the power to maintain good control. I think good sticky tires make them more prone to crashes too since they flip very easy.