RC Competitor

Just receive my New Slayer Pro

Hello Everyone,

I just received the New Slayer Pro, but have not done anything with it yet as it is a little hard to get Nitro fuel here in the Middle East. It is available just hard to find. I am also going to wait for the sway bar kit, extra glow plug and a On board Digital Temp Gauge I have not ordered yet. I also have two other friends that say they are going to order a Nitro car also next month. I will wait until they get theirs and we break them in together. Is there anything else that I should get or upgrade before I get started. Thank you.

That sounds about right. As for the on-board gauge, I have one and it works just fine. Now that I have more than one vehicle I need to take temps of them and it is hard with the on-board one. So I bought the Duratrax hand-held gauge; so for the few dollars more go with that. And get more than one glow plug as you will go through one during break-in.
    The Super Derecho

RC Champion
    I just bought a new Slayer pro too, and I haven't done anything to it either
    What Double G said
    I would also recommend getting some electrical tape to tape the wheel wells on the body and on other high wear areas to prevent paint and body damage.

Life is rough, God is good, let's go.

ive seen people have problems with the onboard temp guns so i would get a handheld to make sure there reading the same, or atleast borrow one to verify the readings.
    there's no life like a LOW LIFE!
    Drag It!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    That sounds about right. As for the on-board gauge, I have one and it works just fine. Now that I have more than one vehicle I need to take temps of them and it is hard with the on-board one. So I bought the Duratrax hand-held gauge; so for the few dollars more go with that. And get more than one glow plug as you will go through one during break-in.
    Thanks Double G and 08kgraves I will change to the hand-held gauge along with adding a supply of glow plugs to my wish list.

Thanks 1979chevy. I will put electrical tape on the body, that makes sence to me.

I am going to go through the Slayer posts slowly and get other ideas also. I am sure I will have more questions to ask you guys as I am new to Nitro stuff. I have played with a Grasshopper in the late 80's and it is still in my storage shed. I see that they still making parts of it also.

RC Competitor
    Hello Fellow Slayers,

I just received my supplies of parts and support equipment, a hand-held temp gauge, a motor saver air filter kit and the sway bar kit. I installed the filter kit and the sway bar kit and went out for a test drive. The filter kit seams to be doing it job however, I must have to do a adjustment to the rear sway bar portion of the installation as the rear axles was binding and staying down to almost locked down with no shock action. I think I have to slide the bars down on the sway bar or is there something else I have not done properly.
    Summit
    Slayer Pro 4X4

Remove the sway bar and test again. If it still happens then you need to take a look for binding in the suspension which typically is due to the pillow ball retainers being too tight. Also the sway bar should be loose enough to move freely but has no slop.
    The Super Derecho

RC Competitor
    Just a pic of my two new toys.
    Carl

[IMG][/IMG]
    Summit
    Slayer Pro 4X4

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    Remove the sway bar and test again. If it still happens then you need to take a look for binding in the suspension which typically is due to the pillow ball retainers being too tight. Also the sway bar should be loose enough to move freely but has no slop.
    Well after I took a closer look, it turns out that I put the spacer that was supposed to go under the pivot stud nut on top which was binding the rocker arm set so the bearing was not working. So I am back in business and ready to take it out tomorrow. Thanks.
    Summit
    Slayer Pro 4X4

RC Champion
    Glad you got it figured out, and nice looking rigs
    Matthew 7:7

RC Competitor
    Some pro line badland or switch tires are good if you want the car to hook up quickly.This won't help performance but if you want to stand out from the crowd a clear body and some cans of lexan paint should look pretty good.
    You don't need to plug Nitro into the wall

RC Champion
    +1 new tires will help performance wise.
    Matthew 7:7