RC poster

But how does she handle a corner?

I'm in awe of this rocket you built and all the time and attention that went into making sure this thing stays planted on the ground at blistering speeds. The one thing I've been wondering since the announcement of this beast was how she would handle an onroad course or large rc oval track. It's getting close to the release date, please post some footage of the car going around a course.

Since no one but Traxxas has the vehicle before the release date, it would be hard to fulfill your requests. You'll have to wait until the end of January and maybe a couple days after that once people purchase it and post pics and vids.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    Sorry for the confusion. My post was directed to Traxxas or anyone with insider info. Can this thing go around a track?

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    From the official vids, with the traxxas guys at the wheel on the superspeedway , we can see that it can turn a little at top speed. I dont know how much we can ask this car to handle tight 180's with all that power. If it can be driven hard on a road course, its gonna be fun to watch! In one of the vids with one of the guys from one of the mags driving, he mentioned that the car was a little unstable in the mid range and then all of the sudden it just locked in for the high speed stability. I would imagine at that point that the push would be great. One things for sure, if this would become a road racer with the stock electronics, its gonna take a heckuva superdriver to hold on to the wheel.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Champion
    Judging from an 8th scale onroad I had, takeoffs will be a bit squirrely with all that power. And until you reach the speed at which the downforce plays a big part in grip, turning on-power may be a bit tricky. It'll take some finesse with the throttle/steering to avoid spinouts. I'm thinking a gyro will help keep the thing pointed in the right direction until the user gets proficient at handling the power.

Another feature which would be nice is speed-sensitive steering. Not sure if the radio can support this type of thing, but basically you'd have full steering throw at lower speeds, with less and less throw the faster you go. The next best thing would be to use exponential steering adjustments in the radio (not sure if it has it - too lazy to go look). This would decrease sensitivity near the radio's steering center, and increase steering speed to closer you get to either lock.
    Last edited by BrianG; 12-28-2011 at 10:31 AM.
    http://scriptasylum.com/rc_speed/

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Its got expo, but not speed based expo... well I'm guessing that it doesn't.

Great idea though, and with the computation power of the iphone, there's no reason we should't be able to mix settings based on telemetry...

RC Qualifier
    Yup, from Traxxas: "Adjustable steering and throttle sensitivity (exponential)"

Ducati - what do you mean by speed based expo?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by deanwrx View Post
    ...Ducati - what do you mean by speed based expo?
    I believe he simply rephrased what I was talking about when I mentioned speed-sensitive steering...
    http://scriptasylum.com/rc_speed/

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianG View Post
    Judging from an 8th scale onroad I had, takeoffs will be a bit squirrely with all that power. And until you reach the speed at which the downforce plays a big part in grip, turning on-power may be a bit tricky. It'll take some finesse with the throttle/steering to avoid spinouts. I'm thinking a gyro will help keep the thing pointed in the right direction until the user gets proficient at handling the power.

Another feature which would be nice is speed-sensitive steering. Not sure if the radio can support this type of thing, but basically you'd have full steering throw at lower speeds, with less and less throw the faster you go. The next best thing would be to use exponential steering adjustments in the radio (not sure if it has it - too lazy to go look). This would decrease sensitivity near the radio's steering center, and increase steering speed to closer you get to either lock.
    That's a great idea Brian, add a gyro to keep it form getting wildly out of control, maybe it could function like a panic button? If they make drifter gyro's and plane and helo gyro's I would think that would be a great mod. Now you have to write some more code in your gearing program, cause you know people will want to enter the parameter of top speed of 150mph !

I'd say it will handle well around a track..... just NOT at 100mph ! At 40 mph like touring car speeds it should be good, being AWD, just tune it down, and add some sticky tires, which I'm sure Pro-Line is already working on.....
    Brian T.
    Last edited by BTEMT; 12-28-2011 at 12:31 PM.
    3905 Emaxx

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianG View Post
    I believe he simply rephrased what I was talking about when I mentioned speed-sensitive steering...
    Got it. Thanks.

RC Qualifier
    ohhh man i need to sell my spartan, my slash, and m other slash... and buy this. definitely kidding.