Hybrid View

RC Enthusiast

Broken front shock tower

I've just recently broken the front shock tower in my Bandit VXL due to an unfortunate collision with a fence. Are there any brands that are durable and inexpensive?

RC Champion
    RPM is the brand you'll be looking for to buy a durable, affordable shock tower. It's also way more rigid than the stock part so will improve handling also.
    Pretty please, with sugar on top, clean the RC car

RC Champion
    I just bought a RPM shock tower off eBay for under $8. with shipping , Broke mine to . Hope this helps . Look at the forum , Shock tower . I posted it .

RC Racer
    RPM all that you can, I had the arms, shock towers and front bumper on my Nitro Rustler. I did a massive jump (35') that turned into a back flip that landed upside down. I shattered my engine mount, bent shock shafts, and cracked my engine case towers and arms were fine.

RC Qualifier
    Rpm is the way to go, you won't get any other answer than this one...maybe one or two will say ally but mostly rpm all the way....

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-27.468203,153.030599

Inexpensive is relative. I replaced the stock tower with an STRC alu one. It is still working great after a year and doesn't bend like the RPM one. Fact is that an RPM one is less expensive than an STRC one. But the same goes for stock compared to the RPM.
    Looking at value for money the RPM one wins for most people.
    Nobody is born with experience