Hybrid View

RC Competitor

Rims for Proline Sand paws?

I happily got some new tires from santa for the truck and after opening the bags to glue them onto the new rims I noticed that they aren't SC type tires. What rims are people successfully running on their trucks to make this work without issues? A straight bolt on option would be best. I have seen some pimpy trucks with them installed but I cannot figure out what rims to use.
    I also got a baja bug body and outerwears cover to make it official looking while kicking up some sand.

RC Champion
    RPM revolver wide wheels base 2.2" wheels

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    any 2.2 rim, I had them mounted on epics beadloc wheels.

RC Champion
    I believe 2.2 rims will only work in the rear. To mount the 2.2 in the front it has to be wide offset to clear the c-hubs.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallguy905 View Post
    I believe 2.2 rims will only work in the rear. To mount the 2.2 in the front it has to be wide offset to clear the c-hubs.
    that's correct I had 2.2 wheels on rear and sct wheels 2.2/3.0 on front.

RC Competitor
    So any 2.2 on the rear and run a different tire/rim combo on the front. Any input on what to run on the front?
    Thanks for the suggestions.

RC Champion
    If you want 4 paddles get the 2.2/3.0 PL paddles, the revolver 2.2 wheels and paddles

RC Competitor
    So to answer my own question not any 2.2 wheels will get the job done. I got some RPM revolver truck 2.2 rims and they rubbed on the rear bearing carriers and turnbuckle rod ends. The RPM revolver rock crawler narrow wheelbase rims fit perfectly without sticking out too far like the wide wheelbase wheels would.
    Hopefully this helps someone before they waste money on rims and have to buy replacement parts that get messed up as well.

RC Competitor
    I forgot to mention that I mounted these on the rear only and the front got standard 2.2/3.0 PL slingshots.