Thread: Raptor body?

RC Enthusiast

Raptor body?

How good is the raptor body? I've heard bad about the fitment. Can someone explain who has one?

RC Racer
    check out the pics and vids thread. scroll through and you will see a few mervs with that body. It will give you an idea of what you are looking for. I don't have one yet, not a ford fan. Looking for a good chevy truck body for mine.
    Revo 3.3, 2WD Slash, Rustler VXL, and MERV VXL.

If you mean the Proline Raptor body... That one fits fine, but there is not too much room under the rear end. It is not the strongest body tho.
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Competitor
    I've got the proline raptor body and it's not a good fit. If you find my thread named 'MERV race build' you will see why it's not a good fit, I have a few pictures of it there. If using stock wheels they will rub and catch when turning, plus the body hits the front push rods when fully compressed.

It's a nice body and I love the look but the fitment could be better.

Quote Originally Posted by froggie22 View Post
    I've got the proline raptor body and it's not a good fit. If you find my thread named 'MERV race build' you will see why it's not a good fit, I have a few pictures of it there. If using stock wheels they will rub and catch when turning, plus the body hits the front push rods when fully compressed.

It's a nice body and I love the look but the fitment could be better.
    Good point.
    I never had the problem because I never used it with the stock wheels. Sounds very logical because the offset is a lot less than the offset of the wheels I use nowadays.
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Enthusiast
    I plan on jconcepts wheels anyway. But I'm a Chevy fan too. But unless it's a 88 to 98 style I wouldn't buy it. I'll probably get the body and try it out.

RC Competitor
    The jconcepts relux, traxxas dish and the proline options all fit much better. The goosebumps on the relux where a close fit but they still fit. If you get any of the offset wheels you will be fine.

It's definitely a cool looking body!

RC Enthusiast
    That was my plans. Rulex with goosebumps. Anyone with the body. Does it come with the graphics to say raptor before the rear quarters?

RC Champion
    yea there not the most durable. i havent ripped one yet. but have to trim up the front so the stock tires wouldnt rub. or raise the body one notch.
    http://s925.beta.photobucket.com/use...l?sort=3&o=103
    http://s925.beta.photobucket.com/use...l?sort=3&o=104
    http://s925.beta.photobucket.com/use...l?sort=3&o=187
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.