Thread: Lipos

RC Racer

Lipos

Good size lipo for runtime? In series? Or just one battery at a time?

Parallel I mean
    Last edited by cooleocool; 12-27-2011 at 09:02 AM. Reason: post merge
    E-Maxx 3903

RC Enthusiast
    Just one battery at a time. Parallel lipo is asking for fire.

The biggest 2S you'll fit in the chassis is about a 2200mah, possibly even only a 2100mah.

If you're really really really intent on max battery life, you could get two 1s batteries that are 4000 mah each, then run one in each compartment and wire them in series. That'd be the (electronic) equivalent of a 2s (2 cells in Series).

If you haven't run this thing with a 2000 mah lipo you might want to try, the battery life is going to be more than you think, especially with the high speeds available with the lipo, unless you're just running back and forth on the street or something, you'll have to spend plenty of time off the throttle, which adds to your battery life even more.

I was getting about 30 mins on a 2200mah lipo in a mini e-revo for reference.

RC Racer
    This is my first 1/16th so I am basing all my info from emaxx and summit. Thanks for the info! Going to get a couple battery's And go from there thanks again
    E-Maxx 3903

RC Competitor
    Is it best to get a fan/ heatsink when i start using a lipo? I have use two NiMh's in parallel and iv noticed my motor gets really warm.