Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    uti is a joke, you cant physically learn everything they "say" you can in that short of a period and know how to do it right. other schools are the same way, but no i did not go there. i went to the #1 high performance school in the U.S.

that being the university of northwestern ohio

ajcar, thats pretty sweet that your brother lived right down the road from matt kennseth.
    there's no life like a LOW LIFE!
    Drag It!

RC Racer
    I have known people that went to wyotech and their skills left a lot to be desired. I always wondered about UTI though.

RC Racer
    well congradulations i hope you make it i watch nascar just about every race hope to see you on t v

RC Champion
    I'm going to talk to the Wyotech person when they come to my school next week. I'm sure they won't say anything but good things about it but I think I'm just going to go to the local technical school, get my degree, and get some experience on the job. It seems like that's the best way to go... Especially having friends with their own shops who would probably be willing to hire me right away.

Sent from my iPad mini
    To the men and women of the US military, thank you

Many schools nowadays are just degree and certificate mills, but if the right person is put in there they can certainly learn enough to be competent in a work environment. Experience though is still king in most fields. No matter what the skill though, there are always people who think they are better than what they are, those are the people who know just enough to be dangerous. I work with a few of that breed, it is hard to believe they passed the testing to get into where I work, it wasn't hardcore testing but it was definitely not easy at all.
    Donít handicap children by making life easy

RC Enthusiast
    If you make it, join Jeff Gordon's team and I will love you forever.
    "Bagginses? What is a Bagginses?"

RC Qualifier
    Unfortunately I'd have to agree with you on the UTI (NTI) part, as seeing I learned that first hand. lol. They also have pit crew schools down there right next door. Not sure if you have ever checked those out. I know the one next to NTI, is called Pit Crew U. And I have heard alot about them, actually knew a couple of kids that were doing both and they were getting chances on some teams. There is also another one there in Moorseville North Carolina, called 5 off 5 on. That is the one I checked out while I was down there and I know they actually have teams call them if they are a man down for the week. So than the school will have a depth chart of students and than send the top one out for the spot that is needed.
    And I do know getting you "license" to be out there isn't cheap either, but also depends on what series you are on. If you have any questions just ask. We have a close friend of the family that works for SHR and also a relative that works for SHR who is a engineer.
    My family goes to both M.I.S. Races and the first Dega race every year.
    But Good Luck man, I wish I would of stuck to it. Aint nothing like seeing a motor that's no bigger than a 358 putting out over 800hp NA.

yeah............. i dont do jeff gordon............ lol but im no trying to start a debate of whos the better driver and so and so.

bomber, see it sounds to me like the ones your refering to are just for pit crew. learn nothing but how to be the best at changing tires and such. which is cool that you can specialize in that aspect. but im looking to just be on the team not necessarily on the pit crew. i know the way they work there is pretty much everyone has to know a pit crew spot in case someone is hurt or sick or whatnot. but not everyone is on the pitcrew it you know what i mean. pitcrew would be fun, but i just want to work on the cars lol
    there's no life like a LOW LIFE!
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    Yea they are just pit crews school. Guess I just saw it has having another tool in your tool belt, and seeing that's what they kind of wanted just thought I'd throw them out there....But Best of luck to you...They are def fun to work on....I'm not sure if my group from school still has the record but we got just under 800hp out of a old/used sprint cup motor on the engine dyno at school.....It's amazing what they do with those motors..If you ever want I have a 3" binder on the motors and a complete build guide with most of the part numbers you need...only cost around $80,000 plus...lol....You go up to any races?

RC Enthusiast
    Well, no matter who's team you join, (except for one driver I particularly detest who's name shall not be mentioned) it'd be cool to watch. That would be exciting running around the car and doing what they do, especially changing tires. If I could be any member of the pit crew, I'd be the jack man.
    "Bagginses? What is a Bagginses?"

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 08kgraves View Post
    so for those of you who remember me talking about getting a tryout for this nascar team........... The team manager called me back this morning so january 9th through the 13th i will be doing some little projects and seeing how i do on the pit crew as well so wish me luck!

and in the future you just may see me on tv
    Get sponsored by Traxxas. xD
    And there he goes with the carbon...

RC Racer
    Hey just reading the thread, good luck with everything! Thats they way to do it also, in adversity, hold your head up high, learn from it and accept that it isnt the end. Youll get there! Also cool your from ohio, as am I! I live bout 20 min from your old campus.