RC Champion

"available late January" ?

i just looked at the products page and it says it will be available late January. so much for December 30 unless traxxas is trolling us.
    im most likely going to pick up a motor/esc and remote for my erbe when it gets released

sorry if someone else posted this but i didnt see anything
    sppppaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaccccccccceeeeeeeeee!!!!!

RC Competitor
    They'll probably start shipping them on Dec. 30th, lord knows when they'll actually make it to customers. Plus they have to ship all of the pre-orders. By the time all the pre-orders are shipped and maybe some store shelfs get some the first production run will be sold out. I don't think they'll be readily available until Spring, personally.

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    Good thing just about all of us have other rc's to play with. I dont concern myself with the release dates anymore as they are always late.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    Good thing just about all of us have other rc's to play with. I dont concern myself with the release dates anymore as they are always late.
    same here i have never known a release date be on time.
    slash revo vxl x4 rally x2 ped 2wd slash vxl rus

Yeah, I wouldn't jump to conclusions about Traxxas trolling us. They don't seem to be the company just to dangle a new product in front of you just to keep delaying it (don't even bring up the Titan/Spartan). I'm pretty sure there's very solid reasons for the delay rather than just playing with us.
    The Super Derecho

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I don't agree with you and I'm not to trying to be a bad guy here, but Traxxas it's the fastest name in rc but not for delivery... Lights and top roof lightbar for the 1/16 summit are still pending, grave digger green aluminum parts and front lights are still pending, the lights for the 4x4 Pede took months to be relased after being shown on YouTube with Mike Jenkins on it, and, so on with other parts... That makes me angry, very angry... I'm wondering what's the point of that... Just be honest and put an honest delivery date... If you have a history of delaying things, just add one more "buffer" month and deliver in time so everyone is happy...
    200, 202, 420, humor 404, 301 to rc10talk, 410.

RC Competitor
    I was dissapointed that the date was moved to later. I wanted to know why it was moved and for what particular reason. But this is good for me cause it gives me more time to raise up money for the car. 500 bucks in two months for a 13 year old kind a seems impossible but it can be done!
    XO-1 Supercar

RC Champion
    in my eyes delays put people off buying. the amount of cars i have wanted over the years that get delayed so much that i just get tired of waiting and buy something else. i love to see a new release then get it the same week.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by turok View Post
    in my eyes delays put people off buying. the amount of cars i have wanted over the years that get delayed so much that i just get tired of waiting and buy something else. i love to see a new release then get it the same week.
    I'm not sure about that. Valve corp. , who does video game development and distributing is know for releasing products years after their initial release date. Yet, what they release is done properly and not rushed. They also get incredible sales of these games, because everyone knows that the extra wait was to make an even better product.
    back

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by maxidodies View Post
    I'm not sure about that. Valve corp. , who does video game development and distributing is know for releasing products years after their initial release date. Yet, what they release is done properly and not rushed. They also get incredible sales of these games, because everyone knows that the extra wait was to make an even better product.
    that is a game not a rc car. if we had to wait years for the latest high tech RC car it would be out of date when it turned up.

RC Racer
    That's good, it gives me more time to save up for it
    Slash 4x4 and 10 other Models. Too Much !

Traxxas never sets a date with the intent of missing it. You may be surprised to hear that these vehicles are quite complex and lot of different things must be accounted for. Unfortunately Murphy's Law is one of the prime governing factors in any new release. If you feel you must apply blame, then by all means contact Mr Murphy about it! I suggest not attracting his attention though...
    "Fortunately son, I says fortunately I keep my feathers numbered for just such an emergency!"
    Foghorn Leghorn

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by turok View Post
    same here i have never known a release date be on time.
    Yea, that's normal for the hobby industry as a whole, no matter what genre you get into. This is pretty good still, Revell announced that it was going to be releasing a 1991 Chevy Caprice C9P (police car) snap together kit that same year the real car was released. After it kept getting pusged back over and over again, it finally came to market in '93. it's still one of the better kits of that era, especially for a snapper and still gets re-released as an Impala SS every now and then, but it did have a bunch of grown men complaining about how long it was taking.
    Aw, Biscuits!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    The Spartan was a whole different issue and should not be compared here. But, like Nitro Chicken said, there are so many little things than need to be absolutely perfect (especially on a car capable of 100mph) id rather them take the time to get it right and not rush it.

If you look at other companies this is common. heck, the Gambler was almost a year late and STILL had nothing but quality and fitment issues. Traxxas does it right so you don't end up disappointed after spending $1100.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Racer
    here we go again its just like the titan.......
    not enough space 50 characters

RC Qualifier
    Rancho Tehama or Red Bluff area or California
    It looks like Traxxas has pushed back the release date to 2/1/12, and the parts will likely be postponed as well.

That is what A Main Hobbies has been told. All I want is the rear half shafts.
    Last edited by nunster; 12-27-2011 at 01:48 AM.
    Broken parts=New better parts

I want the body and tires. I think I can extend the 2x slash chassis, and pretend I own one.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by danielhr77 View Post
    grave digger green aluminum parts and front lights are still pending
    Lol, those were announced in July. Still waiting.
    Slash VXL
    Grave Digger 'Pede
    30th Digger 'Pede

RC Champion
    I want the body and tires. I think I can extend the 2x slash chassis, and pretend I own one.
    You could chop an extra drive shaft to add an extension to the old shaft. It would have an extra output spline at the new joint.

X0-1 is cool too.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    lol, I was telling my buddy nearly the same thing... Although i was going to use the ERBE chasis.

If you've got the body and the wheels, its almost the same thing... almost.

I know I can get my chassis extension mod to work on a 2x slash chassis. Haven't checked the wb and track specs to see if they will mach up, though if the track is off, there are so many width options that it may be doable. I think one of the bigger trx chassis may be a better idea if your gonna try to match the xo's performance. If you want a 50mph lot basher, the 2x chassis will prob be good enough.

RC Competitor
    anyone can find the traxxas tqi app?
    I cant find it.

RC Champion
    It will be here soon. Patients please
    Take Responsibility do not text and drive.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by zonda95 View Post
    i just looked at the products page and it says it will be available late January. so much for December 30 unless traxxas is trolling us.
    im most likely going to pick up a motor/esc and remote for my erbe when it gets released

sorry if someone else posted this but i didnt see anything
    Probably around January 28th to Febuary 3rd.
    Heck if I know, but that is my estimate.
    And there he goes with the carbon...

RC Champion
    Good things come to those who wait
    Matthew 7:7

RC Champion
    hmmm couldent they anouce the car when they hit the market instead of a couple moths before the car hits

just my thinking

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    Traxxas does it right so you don't end up disappointed after spending $1100.
    im with you here. i dont mind waiting if it means there will be zero issues when i do get my hands on one. get it right or dont release it at all IMO.

side note: i was at my LHS this past sunday so my little bro could buy his brushless boss 302 (finally someone to go out an have fun with.) i talked to one of the guys there and he said this is a limited production car. any truth to that?
    X0-1/Brushless Boss 302

I doubt it. 90% of this car is brand new parts. Its a lot of money to spend on r&d to just sell it for a short time.

RC Competitor
    I'm upset about it being postponed for another month... My girlfriend bought me this as my sole christmas present this year and its not going to be here till February. I would have bought the car myself at that time, but she wouldnt have wasted my christmas gift on it knowing the release date.

Is it so tough for Traxxas to provide us with another release date at this point, or a better estimation? I'm just hearing and reading here-say at this point and its quite frustrating, 1) because I want the car!!! and 2) I dont have a defined answer.

So Traxxas when are we looking like now?!

RC Competitor
    Spartan took 1 year from its intended release date.

Quote Originally Posted by HotrodRC View Post
    Typically I wouldn't buy a new product like this until its been out for at least six months. Example the 5,000 dollars Canon EOS I series Mark III camera body. I have to read real world reviews and see what things if any are going to be problem areas before I'd make the 1,000 dollar investment. I've learned this lesson to many times.
    i feel the same way, someone will buy it and review will be posted here or another place about the runs, handling, problems etc. with the car, its a huge investment on the xo-1 to find out you dont like it after. I'm waiting to see the reviews and then buy used more likely after someone doesnt want it because it wasnt something they wanted/like. It will be here once traxxas fix's the bugs in it or improvements to it before selling.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettocar View Post
    Lol, those were announced in July. Still waiting.
    Me too! Arhhh!!

I went ahead and placed them on pre-order at Tower. Was also thinking about putting the TQi in my basket on another order from there. Only thing i'm not clear about, since they dont have any info on it but just the product number, is if it includeds the Rx with it. Which I doubt, but still for $150ish adding the Rx to it would be a good deal.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore