RC Turnbuckle Jr.

You have 1 item in your shopping cart.... wait, what?

Crashed the ERBE the other day, and lost my HPI wheel hex. Had to look up the part number, so I grab the Ipad (which is "my wife's").

I type HPI wheel hex into google, and get a tower hobbies link. Close enough.

You have one item in your shopping cart, and I'm curious... check the cart, XO-1!!!! I think the wife is going to get me one! Woot! I'm all for the car, I just thought convincing her 1100 bucks for another rc car would be a lot harder...

The question is, what are you gonna have to get her to top it?
    Sit down, buckle up, hold on, pay me...

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    The XO-1 was on top of my list too! Everything on my list is either not out yet, or sold out. The other thing right below this was the T201 Asus Transformer Prime. Much cheaper. LOL

$1100+ isnt hard to spend for a LADY!! Diamonds, diamonds, diamonds!!!!!
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    I hope you get that Xo-1, you are the right guy for it I am sure!
    I think the telemetry of the 'i' device is darn cool and helpful, that is trick.

Diamonds, such a shame there is sooooooo much mark up $$ in them, they depreciate quicker than your car will LOL
    Best to ya on Christmas morning

RC Champion
    And Diamonds don't even do anything near as cool as 100mph, they just sit there and sparkle.

Congrats on your little investigation. You should be ashamed of yourself.
    Last edited by BL-Bob; 12-19-2011 at 05:18 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by BL-Bob View Post
    You should be ashamed of yourself.
    lol that's what i was thinking. your just ruined a huge Christmas day surprise.

it's like when my mom has me help find the right thing i want from amazon or an rc place and she's got her creditcard in hand.
    MERV VXL + Rally VXL + Stampede Xl5

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    lol, I didn't know!!!

RC Qualifier
    that or she was just curious as to how much it cost and then once she found out, the just closed the browser and thats why it never left the carts.. lol

best of luck either way!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    I think there is something to what godspeed is saying. Once you place an order your cart is empty. If the car is IN the cart... it hasn't been ordered... But heres to anticipation man... I'm rooting for you.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    My thoughts exactly. 100mph, air splitting, pavement shreading, mean sounding XO-1 Supercar!!!!! But what do you think she would say to a $1100 TOY in her mind?? She would definitely say I know of 1100 different things that could be bought of way more importance. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by BL-Bob View Post
    And Diamonds don't even do anything near as cool as 100mph, they just sit there and sparkle.

Congrats on your little investigation. You should be ashamed of yourself.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Godspeed View Post
    that or she was just curious as to how much it cost and then once she found out, the just closed the browser and thats why it never left the carts.. lol

best of luck either way!!
    lol.... you might be right, it was STILL in the cart, after I picked up the neglected Ipad... I just have to assume she found a better deal somewhere else....

right?

edit:

This car is probably more like 1500 for me. I figure once I pick this up, I'll need the host of sensors and another receiver for the ERBE. If I'm payin for a fancy radio, I want to use it on more than 1 car.... I'm not sure if the Slash deserves the fancy treatment...
    Last edited by ducati777; 12-20-2011 at 09:09 AM.

RC Champion
    Dude I was thinking the same thing, I'm going to get one when it comes out but like you said that new radio will be nice on the E and I would like it on the Slash 4x4, getting the other rigs converted over will be more painful than the car, I haven't studied it to death but it don't look like we'll have to start hopping it up out of the box just to keep it running, I hope. Good luck bro. Merry Christmas yalll, here's to the RC santa taking good care of us all.
    15 IS Enough, Time to thin down the fleet some.

RC Qualifier
    A local shop I go to listed a pre-order for the XO-1 for $935. If I had the money I could be the first I'm Colorado to have it. Do want.
    I like turtles.

RC Competitor
    Maybe shes buying it for her bf j/k

RC Qualifier
    did you get one? lolx

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Nope, y'all were right, the cart would have been empty.

I'll still pick one up, I just really thought my wife beat me to it.

RC Qualifier
    Ahhhh, bummer dude, On the bright side at least she was looking for something nice to give you, it was just a little to pricey.Anyway you are going to get one anyway so Congrats
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Revoman859

RC Qualifier
    You should have just ordered it from the cart....and when you got it you could act surprised and she would think she accidentally ordered it. Muahahahaha!
    If you can't beat it....destroy it!

Quote Originally Posted by WH20 View Post
    You should have just ordered it from the cart....and when you got it you could act surprised and she would think she accidentally ordered it. Muahahahaha!
    ha ha thats too much, she would probably say either merry christmas or return it.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Well... this is kind of a silly idea...

I think this car is too expensive for most people, and I doubt that my LHS is going to stock one. But they should... its a piece of art. I want to go to the LHS and tell them hey I'll prepay for it, and then let them display it in their case for a couple of weeks.

If they want to give me a break on the price, great. If not, oh well. Heck maybe they're way ahead of me... but if not, it might be cool for locals to see one in person.

RC Qualifier
    I was talking to my LHS owner and he said he was going to get a couple. Which is strange cause his shop is kind of small. I would love to buy it from them, but my 1:1 truck is eating a whole in wallet at 11mpg.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Revoman859