RC poster

Life vs Nihm HELP ME people lol

I have a 7cell nihm and im getting about 40mph on my slash vxl 2x4...I was thinkn of getting a 9cell 10.8V or go to life packs?!?! ALL I DO IS BASH HARD WITH IT BTW I can not use lipos...i would if i could

Why cant you go lipo if you do not mind me asking? LiFe would be better IMO than NiMh. I am sure most will agree with me as well.

-Brett
    4wd Sportmaxx 3.3
    E-Revo - Mamba Monster - Neu 4s

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Life is way better than nimh. My concern for you is the velineon esc, it's lvc is not adjustable and not suited for Life.

However some say life doesn't need a lvc, or you could add an audible alarm. It just won't be plug and play.

RC Champion
    A friend runs some 9 cell in his rustler and the weight gain is alot vrs the 7 cell, he is switching to 2s lipo in the spring and i have just changed to lipo...all i can say is for the price of a 9cell pack you could get a killer lipo. My truck now weighs alot less and on demand wheelies at 40mph, i almost forgot the 53min runtime........

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by carraig042 View Post
    Why cant you go lipo if you do not mind me asking? LiFe would be better IMO than NiMh. I am sure most will agree with me as well.

-Brett
    I have a 2month old baby and my wife looked up lipo batteries on youtube so she found all the great videos of them on fire...To save us all some time, I KNOW THEY ARE SAFE WHEN TAKEN CARE OF... but women do not work on logic lol sorry ladies if any read this hehehe.... and i know they are the best but unfortunately not an option for me where can i find a good hard case life? i got a badass charger on the way with a 9cell so i will get both and give you guys a review!

RC Champion
    i would sooner save my money and go over to promatch batteries, they sell killer NiMH packs. the very best you can buy imo and for a very reasonable price.

EnerG4600 matched side by side packs.
    FieroMan121|SPC LiPo powered|Vintage TRX collector

I've been using Lipo's for several years and never had a problem. NiMH batteries are so 1990's
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Champion
    I have also ran lipos for year with no problems!
    Now Nimh batteries on the other hand I have probably single handedly fried 12 packs.

And I run my life packs with LVC OFF. just run it like a nimh

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by ducati777 View Post
    Life is way better than nimh. My concern for you is the velineon esc, it's lvc is not adjustable and not suited for Life.

However some say life doesn't need a lvc, or you could add an audible alarm. It just won't be plug and play.
    cool, who makes a good life battery?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Franki four finggaz View Post

I'll PM you, since Traxxas is convinced if we don't talk about other brand names, you'll never learn of their existence.

RC Champion
    I have a ******* works great.

RC Qualifier
    I have a 2month old baby and my wife looked up lipo batteries on youtube so she found all the great videos of them on fire...To save us all some time, I KNOW THEY ARE SAFE WHEN TAKEN CARE OF... but women do not work on logic lol sorry ladies if any read this hehehe.... and i know they are the best but unfortunately not an option for me where can i find a good hard case life? i got a badass charger on the way with a 9cell so i will get both and give you guys a review!
    Do some more research. If lipos are cared for properly when charging and storing, they are perfectly safe.

You can point out to her that you already own several lipos in the house and she doesn't freak out over them.

Cell phone and smartphone batteries are lipos. Ditto many laptop batteries.

If she bought you a lithium ion drill set recently, oops she already got one.

Every one of the fire videos shows the results of intentional misuse.

Get good name brands, get a decent charger setup. Balance charge them every time they are used and keep them at storage voltage when you don't, and they are as safe as your cellphone.
    ERBE, Summit, Thunder Tiger MT4

RC Champion
    9 cell nimh is cool. as for the weight issue most people who run lipo tend to add extra weight.
    slash revo vxl x4 rally x2 ped 2wd slash vxl rus

RC Champion
    If lipos are cared for properly when charging and storing, they are perfectly safe.

i wish that was true. even the best cared for packs can still fail in storage. but i will also say a high power nimh will still cause damage if mistreated.
    slash revo vxl x4 rally x2 ped 2wd slash vxl rus

RC Qualifier
    Sorry for reviving this old thread, but i have the same exact question...Has anyone tried the ******* Life packs? I heard they have a reputation of puffing for no reason. Thanks...