RC Competitor

Broke My First Piece

I backed into a wall while playing tag with my brother and busted off the A-arm joint. I fixed it once with gorilla tape and it held for about 2 minutes. I also included some pics of the car itself 4 fun. New gearbox is on its way and I think I will dye it blue.

Last edited by seedorfj; 12-11-2011 at 06:58 PM.

RC Champion
    Did you order stock or an Alum one ? I would have gotten Alum to help with motor temps if your getting warm at all. . I think you can get the tranny cases blue from one of the manufactures.

Oh also get a front and rear bumper. . RPM/T-Bone Racing/Slash rear. Any of those will help this from happening again.

RC Champion
    You figured it out quickly. The a-arm needs to be a solid piece.... gorilla tape or even epoxy isn't going to hold that piece together. I'm using aluminum a-arms and never bent or broke one .

Be nice to your Rustler and clean her up a bit. She deserves good care and in return you'll get more and more fun from her.
    Ever Evolving Rustler

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Racer X View Post
    Did you order stock or an Alum one ? I would have gotten Alum to help with motor temps if your getting warm at all. . I think you can get the tranny cases blue from one of the manufactures.

Oh also get a front and rear bumper. . RPM/T-Bone Racing/Slash rear. Any of those will help this from happening again.
    I got the plastic one because I just spent a large amount of money on my brother for Christmas and because I am planning on RC gifts for myself I can't save up for the aluminum, however I will get one next time.

Quote Originally Posted by shagnat View Post
    You figured it out quickly. The a-arm needs to be a solid piece.... gorilla tape or even epoxy isn't going to hold that piece together. I'm using aluminum a-arms and never bent or broke one .

Be nice to your Rustler and clean her up a bit. She deserves good care and in return you'll get more and more fun from her.
    Yea, I can never seem to keep her clean though. I run in dirt because that is all I have and the hydrants are all frozen right now so I can't hose it off. Maybe I will put alum. parts on my wishlist.

RC Qualifier
    At the office installing another box of Internets...
    Sorry fellas, the Rustler is an inanimate object. It has as much feelings as the rock you just ran over. Cleaning the toy will not make it feel better, bash better, or make it love you any more. Simple maintenance is one thing, treating it like a child or your new puppy is another.

Bash it, break it, fix it. Put a battery in it, squeeze the trigger and enjoy.
    I shot an elephant in my underwear last night...

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by PMDRACER View Post
    Sorry fellas, the Rustler is an inanimate object. It has as much feelings as the rock you just ran over. Cleaning the toy will not make it feel better, bash better, or make it love you any more. Simple maintenance is one thing, treating it like a child or your new puppy is another.
    Or is it?

Ever Evolving Rustler

RC Qualifier
    It is inanimate, but it sure does feel better to see a shiny car flying through air with sparkling rims, dusty wheels and a body that you just know looks right than a dirty one. Although, sometimes the objective is just to get the car as muddy as possible, which is understandable.

RC Qualifier
    Make sure you get some good grease in that gear box! You don't want your gears to grind down or anything like that. Another reason to get an alloy gear box is because it's a lot more convenient to have an a-arm break than a gear box, which is a pain in the butt to replace.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by kwe View Post
    Make sure you get some good grease in that gear box! You don't want your gears to grind down or anything like that. Another reason to get an alloy gear box is because it's a lot more convenient to have an a-arm break than a gear box, which is a pain in the butt to replace.
    What do I use for grease, I live on a farm so my dad has generic grease for tractor bearings and stuff, will it work?

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by seedorfj View Post
    What do I use for grease, I live on a farm so my dad has generic grease for tractor bearings and stuff, will it work?
    Sometimes it comes down to preference, I've seen a lot of different suggestions on this. I use White Lithium Grease in mine. Just don't pack it in there, only use enough to lightly coat the teeth of the gears. You can get the stuff at an auto parts store or a place like Home Depot, Lowes, etc.