Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyboarder View Post
    Tonys is about $10 cheaper than Hex, do you think there's enough of a difference to go for the more expensive set? I know you get what you pay for (learned my lesson with dynamite set for my p2de) but there's also a line of quality/value that one needn't cross unnecessarily.
    I'm happy with Tony's they seem to be good quality and not outrageously priced

Sent from my iPhone using My fingers
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Racer
    Can someone please send me a link to these hpp 17mm hexes very interested in the upgrade.

Thanks in advance.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 1azz View Post
    Can someone please send me a link to these hpp 17mm hexes very interested in the upgrade.

Thanks in advance.
    here you go!

http://www.hpp-germany.com/factory-s...and-center-nut

RC Competitor
    I have ordered just about all the same parts as Scanaris for my steering upgrade. Can't wait till they get here next week. That HiTec servo is incredible! 403oz of torque at 6v, wow. I hope it all works very well for you, I cant wait for your review to come, lol. So I just spent about $350 just to upgrade my steering system. Next is driveline. I will soon have a $3,000 Summit!
    Edit: Over a month now with nothing from OP, hmm. I was really hoping for the videos of the new steering system. Hope all is well.
    Last edited by redskull56; 03-24-2012 at 08:14 PM.

RC Competitor
    I finished my steering upgrade, as I said I used pretty much all the same parts as referenced in the previous posts by Scaniris. A couple of things to note; I used the ST Racing Concepts Servo Linkage Bracket, as Golden Horizons was out of stock. Even though this bracket is describes as being machined to allow for "extra" steering travel, I had a problem with it not allowing the steering arm to move all the way to full left or right steering. I removed some material but the problem seems to lie in the design itself. I ended up using the stock part for now. Other than that everything seems very good, very strong and solid. And the servo, WOW, talk about torque! Have to be careful that you don't hit the stops and twist your chassis in half, lol. Havent had a chance to run it yet other than on the bench.

From this:

To this:

Pretty much the best upgrade I have made on mine... When I want it to turn I need it to turn now.it does

Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Champion
    hey guys off topic but does traxxas make a reciver box small enought to fit it where the steering/front diff lock servo is ?

just to idolize space

RC Champion
    Yes, the ones on the mini's would certainly fit there.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaniris View Post
    Hi,
    This is a video made specially for a forum member asking for part numbers and video about steering and servo upgrades. I hope this will help some of you a little bit. DON'T buy the same parts as me, there are plenty of other options to do the same thing (other brands, other colors, etc....)
    I saw this and thought, oooops, I did buy the same parts as him, lol. I wonder why he was so adamant about this. I am happy enough with the GH parts, I don't really know if they are "cast" or "molded" aluminum, they seem pretty strong. hopefully the super tough servo saver spring will now take up any shock as the aluminum will not flex, and I hope it does not BEND

That kind of hockey reference does not fly here. Please watch the language.
    -ksb51rl
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 04-01-2012 at 09:01 AM.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by krallopian View Post
    Yes, the ones on the mini's would certainly fit there.

the minis just use a lid that goes ontop of the chassis

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jamann View Post
    Pretty much the best upgrade I have made on mine... When I want it to turn I need it to turn now.it does

Hey quick question. I see that a few people went with the single steering servo, why not dual? whats the proc and cons

RC Qualifier
    ok, so I have spent that last 2 days reading this fourm, ON MY CELL PHONE cuz i dont have internet, and his build isn't finished and he never told us what parts he liked and disliked Has anyone talked to him lately and found out whats the status?

Quote Originally Posted by Keila72 View Post
    Hey quick question. I see that a few people went with the single steering servo, why not dual? whats the proc and cons
    PRO'S
    Well I went through a few sets of stock a few after market sets went single metal geared high torque and no issues for at least a year now.
    CON'S
    None
    no fighting for center no working against each other.
    one dies and the other kills it self trying to push it as well as turn the wheels

Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

Quote Originally Posted by jamann View Post
    PRO'S
    Well I went through a few sets of stock a few after market sets went single metal geared high torque and no issues for at least a year now.
    CON'S
    None
    no fighting for center no working against each other.
    one dies and the other kills it self trying to push it as well as turn the wheels

Very true. It is much harder to turn a burned-out servo than to steer the truck!
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Qualifier
    So if a person has two good servos in working condition is two better then one?
    Ive been thinking about changing mine out (when they break) to some metal geared servos and runnig two. So in that case is two better then one. My steering is all stock and has no mods. Or should i go and convert it to a single servo?

RC Competitor
    Well, the servos fighting each other is the biggest thing. But going to a single is not a must. It is in my opinion the best route. But, there are cons. I don't know of any servo strong enough to run single on a Summit that is waterproof like the stock ones. Water "friendly" maybe. Alot of folks switch to two HiTec waterproof, which provide considerable more torque than stock and still stay waterproof. If you go single get one that puts out at the very least 300oz of torque. These high quality servos can get expensive. I paid $150 for my servo (486oz torque), and have about $350 total in my steering system.

RC Enthusiast
    I like the one servo idea. Better one than two i think. I try to PM you redskill56 but you do not accept pm? I see no way to send pm in the profile? Anyway, I want to ask the opinion of the parts, and if you can help me out with problem i have with stering travel, as you mention.

Quote Originally Posted by tmfd60 View Post
    I like the one servo idea. Better one than two i think. I try to PM you redskill56 but you do not accept pm? I see no way to send pm in the profile? Anyway, I want to ask the opinion of the parts, and if you can help me out with problem i have with stering travel, as you mention.
    I wouldn't look for redskull56 to be answering any PMs or posting any longer.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    I wouldn't look for redskull56 to be answering any PMs or posting any longer.
    Is he banned?
    This is a signature.

RC poster
    NOOB QUESTION will the stock esc support lipo?

RC Qualifier
    That's not a noob question. Answer: It depends. Do you got the newest TQi Summit?
    This is a signature.

RC Enthusiast
    It says directly on the ESC if it does in fact have the LVC.

RC poster
    no i got the tq not the tqi, but it said in the book that the version of the esc has lvd.
    I had the option to get the tqi but since i use droid stuff not an iphone, i chose not to spend the extra 70 bucks that the store wanted

RC Racer
    does anyone know what happened to Scaniris? I really wanted to see how his summit turned out

Same here he just kinda disappeared
    Too bad I was looking forward to seeing it perform.it has to be the most expensive summit ever made that I know of.hope everything is ok with him
    Seemed like a good guy

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Enthusiast
    last time active at youtube was 22 juli Hmz where did he go?

RC Qualifier
    He might be on vacation. A really long one.
    This is a signature.

RC Qualifier
    I had spoke with the german company who makes the famous diff cups and they made it sound more like he was just too busy for everything. Im with the rest of you, hope all is well.

RC Champion
    me to guys

hoping for the feed back

and hope nothing has happened bad scaniris
    summit /mustang /stampede-2s spc lipo

RC Champion
    im going to save this little jem of knowledge
    summit /mustang /stampede-2s spc lipo

RC Competitor
    great tread and video's. Any word from the guy ?

RC Champion
    just bumpin up a great thread for all the newbys who think trenchers are your only option for upgrades
    MAN, Use Common Sense
    Funky Gecko, SumVee HDE

RC Qualifier
    I'm sure he's just too busy, playing with his Summit.
    PM me for help converting your Summit to brushless