RC poster

Cool Noooooob in dubai

hello everyone
    i am 13 and live in dubai -the place with almost no hobby stores -no support
    I am thinking of buying the Revo 3.3 but have no hobby grade rc exp before.
    what do you guys think ??

RC Qualifier
    It was my first one. But you will rely alot on buying your stuff from the net so my advice would be something brushed. Where you can set yourself up with batteries and a charger. And nite worry about trying to find nitro fuel. Maybe a rustler xl5 would be a better choice for your situation. Or if your wanting a mt then there are brushed and brushless versions of those too.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    I was 13 too when I bought my Revo. And it's quite hard to learn about nitro RCs in Finland, because you have to change the fuel ratio adjustments almost every day. I think, if you want a Revo, then you should buy one. I have RC/hobby store about 100 km away from here, but I've bought more parts from Internet than from my "local" RC store so you should be doing fine. GO FOR IT!
    |Traxxas|Revo|3.3|#5309|FIN|

RC poster
    i thought about an e revo vxl but i really like in nitro that justfuel and go
    Whatdo people mean when they say work on (easy to work on?)

RC Qualifier
    there is a traxxas dealer in dubai..

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Nik6 View Post
    Whatdo people mean when they say work on (easy to work on?)
    Easy to fix, easy to get runnin', easy to drive and if you want, easy to bust?
    |Traxxas|Revo|3.3|#5309|FIN|

RC Qualifier
    The Revo itself is a very manageable truck. Most elements requiring maintenance or repair are easy to access and replace, and the chassis in general is very durable. The question you have to raise to yourself is whether you want the convenience and cleanliness associated with the electric E-Revo, or really want the nitro Revo 3.3; it's more of a preference, and the 3.3 is not difficult to run and tune and maintain, but it is a little dirtier. And loud .

RC Qualifier
    Go for it.

RC Competitor
    I'd say to see how easy/hard it will be for you to get and maintain a supply of nitro fuel and make a decision. Without fuel, you won't be able to run.

RC Champion
    I have electric, nitro and gas RC vehicles, they each have likes and dislikes. Electric easiest to run, nitro revo a blast to drive in rough terriian and gas (1/5) scalecan just do it all..... the most fun in the Glamis sand dunes..... but my 3.3 Revo and Brushless Slash can put a grin on your chin
    If you like quite...go electric....nitro fuel can get expensive....Gas cars are all they can be....
    Just......
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Qualifier
    I got my revo @ 12 years old.... How old i am now and i find ut simple to keep it on the right path. Great truck all i can say!!!
    Can you pass me another screw?

RC Competitor
    I have both nitro (revo) and electric (summit) also and do have the convenience of going to the hobby shop when all else fails (don't need to now as much and could manage without them but I do remember when I started out I would have ruined allot more parts and probably gave up without a hobby shop to guide me and tune it for me and save me money by giving me advice I didn't know I needed) with that said electric is more forgiving overall IMO. I would get a brushless revo or a summit and convert it to brushless (get sensored), if you like the nitro revo look at these to trucks. Learn the basics on these and if you still want a nitro then at least your not having to learn R/C monster trucks and nitro engines at the same time (electric is more plug and play) and a brushless on lipo setup can keep up with just about any nitro out there. Just my 2 cents

RC Qualifier
    If you have never run a nitro engine you will have a steep learning curve, with no one to teach you firsthand. You can read everything you can on the net and figure it out but you need to be ready for some frustration and confusion. It is not hard but there is a lot to learn. If you are up to it the Revo is a good truck to learn on. You may want to go brushless first and see how you like it.

RC Enthusiast
    Don't do it unless you know someone that can help you

RC Qualifier
    as post ~2 suggested, can you buy Fuel over there? not everyone will post and the cost to post internation may be expensive, I suggest you research that first