RC Competitor

E-revo as first rc (a few questions)

New to "adult" rc hobby.

I plan on getting the brushed e revo as my first rc. (My choices were summit, e maxx, erevo, or slash4x4).

I've decided on the brushed e-revo.

I really want the monster truck look for the e-revo...

therefore I will be making the necessary "mods" to lift the e-revo up to e-maxx height.

On that note, will raising the e-revo to that height affect the durability of the truck?
    (A major benefit of the e-revo over the e-maxx is the extra durability right?...So will raising it make it lose it's edge over the e-maxx?

Thanks all

Any general tips or advice on the e-revo would be great.

RC Racer
    I think one of the first "durability" items you should get for it is the full set of skids (chassis and front & rear) from t-bone racing. That'll make a B-I-G difference.
    1/10 Summit (x2)
    1/10 E-Revo
    1/16 E-Revo b/l

RC Champion
    Raising the ride hight to max will not affect the durability of the truck it self.
    The higher ride hight will make it tumble easier when turning and that can cause some damage of course

I run a lifted truck and I am fond of it

Sway bar kits can help making the truck more stable
    Slightly Addicted

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by AlHenderson View Post
    I think one of the first "durability" items you should get for it is the full set of skids (chassis and front & rear) from t-bone racing. That'll make a B-I-G difference.
    I checked them out, they seem very useful, thanks man.

Quote Originally Posted by mwi View Post
    Raising the ride hight to max will not affect the durability of the truck it self.
    The higher ride hight will make it tumble easier when turning and that can cause some damage of course

I run a lifted truck and I am fond of it

Sway bar kits can help making the truck more stable
    Awesome, that's the answer I was looking for, thanks a lot.

RC Champion
    Is the brushed RTR model now a 775 motor? That would be the main question or request IMO.

THE 775 is a more preferable traxxas motor compared to the two 550 sized brushed motors i found in mine two years ago. The 550s burn out way to quickly

RC poster
    I'm also new to the "adult" RC hobby. The first one I bought was the E-Revo (non-brushed) off CL. It has been great and now I'm hooked. As a result I'm in the process of building a Summit. I have my E-Revo on the max setting and it does tend to roll easily. So far the worst thing that has happened is that I snapped the turnbuckle on a hard crash. Either way you will enjoy it.

RC poster
    brushed titans=fail in my honest opinion go brushless...

RC Qualifier
    The E-Revo is tough in itself, but use the preformance acessories to upgrade it.
    And there he goes with the carbon...