RC Competitor

tips for painting?

hi everyone i want to make a monster energy body for my slayer pro, any tips like how many layers and stuff.

RC Qualifier
    Ive never painted a rc body atleast not yet. But i have painted thousands of real cars and trucks in the past 15 years of being a painter. Few things that are a must when painting anything really. First clean parts to paint. Always make sure u start with clean parts. The way to do this on plastic is to use soap and warm water. Dish wash soap works great as it is meant to remove grease. Make sure u dry the body right after with a air blower if u have one. Next make sure its not to cold out. Paint does not like the cold. In the sun works fine for spray paint. Next make sure u shake your paint can a few minutes. Making sure the can is not cold. Put it in the sun while u start to wash your body so by the time you ready to spary the can is at a nice temp. When your ready to spray, let out some paint AWAY fron the body untill u see the true color coming out of the can. remember all u need is the color to cover not look great. The shine comes from the outside of the body anyway. Start with 1 dry coat and let that sit. How long depends on the temps outside or where ever your doing this. Do this a few times making sure the paint isnt doing anything funny. Coats all depend on the color. Some cover with 2 coats, some take 5. Once your happy with how thing are going, spray one last coat med wet. Dont spray too much cuz it will bunch up on u. Now that sound like alot but when your like me and get paid to make things look nice, your willing to take the extra steps. At work right now, so trying to type this out fast...

RC Competitor
    thanks for going to the trouble man, when i get the body i will post some pics on my progress.i really apreciate it.