RC Racer

Skill level 10!!

Anybody else see that this is skill level 10? There are no other skill level 10 cars why raise it for this one? They should have gone with 6 so there isn't a big jump in rank.

RC Competitor
    X=10 /end thread.

RC Competitor
    I'm just kidding about the /end thread. TRX seems to be realy hooked on the X for this rig.

RC Racer
    i have no clue why it would go to 10. but a slash is what skill 2 and it goes about 25-30 so 100 mph would be 10
    Martin
    Shaftsburyslingshot21

RC Qualifier
    ya 10 is a little excessive unless you unlock it to do 100 mph then I dont see how you could really control it at that speed anyway. If you dont unlock it, out of the box with the stock gearing it goes 50 mph.
    3-2wd Stampedes

RC Qualifier
    My friend told me somewhere that Traxxas warns you that you can seriously injure or kill yourself and/or other people near you. Main reason why it is 10. But they usually have something when you roll-over the skill level and it tells you the requirements.
    Slash VXL
    Rustler Hobbywing
    Summit 1/16 VXL

RC Competitor
    RC vehicles at large scales can break legs and stove in skulls.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by LowFlier View Post
    RC vehicles at large scales can break legs and stove in skulls.
    I think this is part of it. Even been hit by a fastball. In highschool we were pitching in the 60's and those hurt. Those are 5 ounces. Nearly double the speed and 34 times the weight (5 oz vs 10.3 lbs). That is 50+ times the energy with a pointy nose. No doubt if it hit right it could break a leg. Add in the potential lipo dangers and in the wrong hands, you see where it is going. I think they are just covering thier bases. Traxxas doesn't want to see it crash and burn, hurt someone, or damage property anymore than you do.
    Pay It Forward.

RC Qualifier
    Edmonton, AB (and looking for an RC buddy. PM me if you're from NE Edmonton!)
    Quote Originally Posted by BanditTransit View Post
    My friend told me somewhere that Traxxas warns you that you can seriously injure or kill yourself and/or other people near you. Main reason why it is 10. But they usually have something when you roll-over the skill level and it tells you the requirements.
    I don't think it's possible to kill someone unless they're laying on the pavement and you drill them in the head.... Broken legs are definitely a possibility though.
    Sig edited for awesomeness. NC

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by zball94 View Post
    I don't think it's possible to kill someone unless they're laying on the pavement and you drill them in the head.... Broken legs are definitely a possibility though.
    At those speeds you could knock somebody off their feet, breaking them, and possibly dumping them on their heads.............
    Aw, Biscuits!

RC Champion
    Sorry, weirdess happened here.
    Aw, Biscuits!

Quote Originally Posted by zball94 View Post
    I found a G-Force calculator on-line and plugged in the numbers. A 10 pound vehicle moving at 100 mph would strike you with a force of 4995 pounds at the point of impact. We just want people to understand the physics involved when you are dealing with these kinds of speeds. If you were to hit something or run over something big enough the vehicle could become airborne and strike you just about anywhere, you would not have to be lying on the ground. Be safe and have fun!

RC Champion
    TBH I don't want to get a 10lb RC hitting me at 100mph and 'only' breaking my leg.

I wouldn't be too happy...

So I understand the level 10.

RC Champion
    Think of it like a bowling ball hitting you in the shin at 100mph.
    So I taped my hamster to the Pede..

RC Competitor
    I'm thinking more like a foot sheared clean off at the ankle.

Slash VXL
    Grave Digger 'Pede
    30th Digger 'Pede

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettocar View Post
    I'm thinking more like a foot sheared clean off at the ankle.

+1...........
    Down to the ground with, Electric.

oh man....i thought i was gonna get this but i'm only a skill level 9! hahahaha why do they bother with these silly numbers?
    Associated rc8TE, rc8.2E, B4.2, Ofna LX2E, Slash

RC Competitor
    I LOLed when I saw that! Skill levels - 1,2,3,4,5... TEN.
    Rustler VXL
    PURE LIPO POWER

Got your attention though, didn't it? And imho that may have been the point, to make you think before you buy something like this.
    99%er

If I ran this into my leg at 100mph. Ill probably be more irritated that I total the car then my leg coming clean off. Lol
    Simply the best. The beautiful Traxxas SRT and TCP

RC Champion
    it is only skill level 10 because of the size. as for causing harm to someone. i see a 1/10th rc car break a leg and this was before brushless power. so if it hit you in the head say good night.
    slash revo vxl x4 rally x2 ped 2wd slash vxl rus

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by TAT2 View Post
    Got your attention though, didn't it? And imho that may have been the point, to make you think before you buy something like this.
    Very good point, Im sure there will be an clueless unsuspecting parent that buys this car for their youngin (whynot, they get ERBE and EMBEs). And even at 50mph that is still going to hurt! Anytime I hear of someone wanting a brushless, I always tell them to take their time and READ.

Quote Originally Posted by turok View Post
    it is only skill level 10 because of the size. as for causing harm to someone. i see a 1/10th rc car break a leg and this was before brushless power. so if it hit you in the head say good night.
    A skill level is not determined by size. More by the characteristics of the car and its capabilities under certain scenarios.
    Everything overpowered...

RC Champion
    i think this time the skill lever has something to do with size as the other trucks can do crazy speeds.

RC Qualifier
    Just add a zero and you have the mph rating. Haha. I can't believe it does 100mph. That's just awesome!!!!!!!!!
    JATO 3.3
    Stampede Build
    DeWalt 12v E-REVO on 4s

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by slash2147 View Post
    i have no clue why it would go to 10. but a slash is what skill 2 and it goes about 25-30 so 100 mph would be 10
    Well, a Rustler VXL at 70 out of the box is a level 5. With this I can conclude that each skill level = 14mph. Obviously the Rustler XL-5 is advertised at 35 out of the box, so this thinking is askew.

So, 100/14 would give a skill level of 7.142857142857143. Dunno what Traxxas was thinking when they gave it a skill level of 10. Seems a bit arbitrary.
    Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

RC Competitor
    How do you determine what skill level you are ( prob a dumb question ) I done a search on phone and couldn't find anything about it.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx2.0 View Post
    If I ran this into my leg at 100mph. Ill probably be more irritated that I total the car then my leg coming clean off. Lol
    Even my e-maxx going at 30 mph will take me to the ground sometimes. Lol.
    I blame it all on speedpede09

RC Champion
    I thought one of you might have seen it but no... don't you understand that if there is a gap between the 5 and the 10 that means new vehicles will probably fill up that space?!
    Does more $ = More fun?
    Rustler VXL

RC Qualifier
    I do not think that is a number chosen at random, although the evaluation of the skill level is very subjective. May be a deterrent, as is its price, to prevent some newbies and brainless buying this Rc for themselves or their children. A 1/7 scale , rolling to 45 meters per second, is certainly dangerous and not at all is easy to foresee the trajectory in the middle distance at those speeds.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by The VXL View Post
    I thought one of you might have seen it but no... don't you understand that if there is a gap between the 5 and the 10 that means new vehicles will probably fill up that space?!
    i spotted it straight away and see the down side of it. anything with a lower number now will put some people off. lol