RC Competitor

Series 1 charging

What is the max amps you can charge the series one batteries?
    don't mess with texas

1.2 amps no higher. 1amp as stated on battery for performance as traxxas has stated but i wouldnt charge no more than .8 amps to 1amp for longer life.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Competitor
    Thanks you for the reply. I'm considering a 1/16 summit for my 8yo for Christmas. I was hoping at least one of my current chargers would work but I was also kinda hoping for a higher amp charge.

Merry Christmas, Tom
    don't mess with texas

RC Competitor
    i just bought my merv today and the stock battery takes a while to charge at 1.2a im on my second charge at 1.2 and its been charging for close to an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by steves00gt View Post
    i just bought my merv today and the stock battery takes a while to charge at 1.2a im on my second charge at 1.2 and its been charging for close to an hour.
    thats what its suppose to be an hour because your charging at the max 1.2amps and its 1200mah each 1000mah is 1 amp on your charger so the .2amp more on the charger is the 200mah on the battery. for the 1000mah at 1amp takes 1hr to charge so the 1.2amps on charger is 1hr to charge.

charging at that rate though will shorten the life of the stock series 1 battery but give excellent performance overall for a little while.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC poster
    How short the life should be if you recharge normally at 1.2 Amp? 100 cycles?

Thanks