RC Champion

XO-1 on a Dyno......106mph

106mph... A start of things to come, Im sure people are already figuring out how to get this beast to go faster

RC Champion
    hope they have tat tie down good
    slash
    summit
    rampage mt
    tmaxx
    SCX10Dingokit

RC Qualifier
    i have messed with big dyno before with cars but if an rc car goes 106 on a dyno with no air pushing on it in any direction what makes you thing it will go any faster or are you talking about modded

RC Enthusiast
    O.O that's nuts. Wind resistance does have to be factored in though.

smart dynos can add resistance to the drums to "fake" wind resistance. not saying thats the case here but it is possible.
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    smart dynos can add resistance to the drums to "fake" wind resistance. not saying thats the case here but it is possible.
    That is true. But for demo testing, they probably want to show its all out speed.

oh yeah. not gonna argue that lol.
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

RC Qualifier
    There must be SOME calculation for wind resistance. If this thing is advertised to go over 100mph, it will go over 100mph. There's no way that wind resistance and all of the other factors that go into play at those speeds would only decrease the top speed by 6mph IMO.

RC Qualifier
    im not saying it wont do 100mph, but alot of speculation has said number like 110 and higher. most dyno resistance is based on weight of the car so the dyno drum is either weighted or has a brake to simulate weight .also because their trying to figure out hp and tq not how fast it will go. correction factor dont have anything to do with wind resistance or the drag from down force .

That's not a dyno, it's just a set of rollers. That car was actually speed-limited so it wouldn't spool up too much over 100mph. Since there was no real load, it could have gone "faster," but we didn't want to show the XO-1 hitting speeds you couldn't actually hit on a track. Fastest I've personally seen an XO-1 go is 113mph, and that was just a making passes with the out-of-the-box "unlocked" setup. No idea how fast it would go geared for maximum speed with a "who cares if it thermals in one run" setup, but I would think 120mph is possible.

RC Champion
    The Brazilians get their GT's at 100+mph. I don't see why the X0 couldn't do the same thing.
    2 KILOWATT RACER

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterV View Post
    That's not a dyno, it's just a set of rollers. That car was actually speed-limited so it wouldn't spool up too much over 100mph. Since there was no real load, it could have gone "faster," but we didn't want to show the XO-1 hitting speeds you couldn't actually hit on a track. Fastest I've personally seen an XO-1 go is 113mph, and that was just a making passes with the out-of-the-box "unlocked" setup. No idea how fast it would go geared for maximum speed with a "who cares if it thermals in one run" setup, but I would think 120mph is possible.
    thank you peterv for settling some rumors and guessing, well because most rumor are just rumors and you would knowfirst handfrom wll being at traxxas , their is alot of speculating and guessing out their

RC Enthusiast
    Wow! Thanks for the clarification. 113 is insane. How many runs can you do like that before it thermals?

RC Champion
    113mph..............

That would be awesome to see, I take it that was done at Texas Motor Speedway?
    Aw, Biscuits!

RC Qualifier
    Lol thats insane. Some company's are trying to follow suit but its actually funny. The CEN racing nitro car claims it goes 90+.....I doubt it. Ughh Id love to get one of these!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustler User View Post
    Lol thats insane. Some company's are trying to follow suit but its actually funny. The CEN racing nitro car claims it goes 90+.....I doubt it. Ughh Id love to get one of these!
    It could in fact be 90.........................KPH
    Aw, Biscuits!

RC Champion
    some of theses comments are very funny.
    slash revo vxl x4 rally x2 ped 2wd slash vxl rus

RC Enthusiast
    if i bought this car i would have to put car insurance on it

RC Enthusiast
    The best part about that clip is the sound!! The sound in the Daytona ad really grabs my attention as well.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Nice it sounds like turbo charged. ....for sure you don't want to crash at that speed..

RC Champion
    wow it sounds cool. i want one if you hit something at that speed **BYE BYE** car
    Take Responsibility do not text and drive.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterV View Post
    Awesome.
    Well, that surely nailed some of the disbelieving speed "Rustler" fanboys coffin.
    The XO-1 will rule :-)
    Looking forward to watch TheJang's review, now that he's (as the first) got the box delivered.
    Last edited by petraeus; 01-08-2012 at 01:40 AM.

RC Competitor
    i wish i was playing with one right now...
    X0-1/Brushless Boss 302

RC Qualifier
    I could imagine the insane markups at LHS when they start getting them in. I see $1600 easy. My LHS is charging $475 for the Raptor 2wd Slash.
    XO-1, Roadrunner Slash

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by judgegixxer View Post
    I could imagine the insane markups at LHS when they start getting them in. I see $1600 easy. My LHS is charging $475 for the Raptor 2wd Slash.
    time to find a new hobby shop. mine is usually a few bucks cheaper than what the traxxas website sells em for.
    X0-1/Brushless Boss 302