Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Qualifier
    YES!!! I received the chassis skid plate some minutes ago 12 days with USPS Express Mail international to Belgium, it's ok for the price I'll try to mount it this evening!

I also received the confirmation per mail that the a arm skids has been shipped yesterday Another 12 days to get them in Belgium, I can't wait

RC Qualifier
    I just made a little video of unpacking the TBR Summit Chassis Skid:

I'll make a second video when mounting the plate on the Summit.

I love the material (Delrin), it is very smooth and this will be very useful to pass over obstacles! Certainly more than aluminium (I suppose, because the smoothness of Delrin material is amazing)
    Last edited by Scaniris; 12-21-2011 at 02:51 AM.

RC Qualifier
    And here is the second video :

It is so easy to mount this skid plate.

RC Qualifier
    My skid and a arms arrived today. Pictures on the way.
    ERBE, Summit, Thunder Tiger MT4

RC Qualifier
    Hey guys this would fit an erbe yeah?

RC Qualifier
    Yes it will. As will the a arm skids.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Wow... is that skid plate mounting ever simple. I love those threaded stand off posts. Way better than the 1/16 stand off sleeves. Thats amazing. I can't wait till i get mine.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Qualifier
    I tried in my basement to crawl on my wood supply, and in the garden on a pile of demolition debris (I redo my decks), and it slides really well even on sharp edges. Nice upgrade, not expensive.

I issue just a few reservations about the strength of metal adapters if high-speed crash or poor reception after a jump. The adjustment screws are fixed in a frame ... made of plastic. As adapters are high enough, this means IMO that the impact energy could be concentrated in two points. Be very careful not to over tighten the adapters or you could destroy the screw thread of the chassis (plastic), I felt that I was starting to turn into space just in time before going too far. Do not over tighten the adapters.

Now we have to use it IRL. Have to test if on a muddy field, it does not pick up all the mud between the chassis and the shield (an objection which had been issued earlier in this topic).

RC Enthusiast
    Got the skid and the A-arm plates in the mail today. Boy these little biggers are trikcy to put on. My fat fingers...and oh well you get the point. Just got them all good and tight and upper management called me in for dinner. So other then being a bit tricky to install the fit is good, the look is good now it time for a trial run...after dinner of course...
    Summit to Summit

I like the stand off idea, less threading in and out of the chassis,in case you do have to pull it off now and then for cleaning.
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Competitor
    Thanks for the videos Scaniris! Very helpful for someone I'm sure. I'm also thankful for a company that actually makes a useful product.. Way to go TBR!

RC Qualifier
    Hoho.... Traxxas Summit - Basher 3pc front bumper -62109-C130

I just placed a new order. Too bad the parts are announced one after the other, if I had known about this new bumper, I would have waited a bit for the A arm skid to save on shipping costs.
    Last edited by Scaniris; 12-23-2011 at 01:14 PM.

RC Qualifier
    That may actually be a very useful add on.

I put a Slash front bumper on my Revo, I like how it helps with nose first landings. This could be an even better choice.

RC Enthusiast
    I had been wondering how much of a gap there was between the chassis and the plate, you can see it on the video, you can use window or door foam weatherstripping to fill the gap and keep crud from building up. I'll try it as soon as I get my skid plate.
    Summit 1/10 on Gens Ace 5000mah 40C

Now that would slide along the rocks... I worry about how it would do in reverse though, would it get hung up I wonder? Im going to install my skid and arm guards and see how i like them before I go with the bumper. Though I like how it looks.

Also, as with all Tbone bumpers, those holes in the front are the perfect size for LEDs...
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Qualifier
    Just be careful and pay attention when you install the standoffs.

They are a very soft aluminum.

I didn't pay close attention, mainly because I didn't realize how soft they are.

I sheared one off in the chassis. I must have overtorqued.

The bummer is those two rear ones go right through to the bulkhead.
    Have to get that one out and replaced

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

When you get it out, you could always use a LONG threaded screw with a spacer for the time being.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

Good call pave.....getting it out won't be a joy I'm guessing,but you never know.never mind looked closer,take off skid and there may be enough to grab

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    wow LaTuFu, I just did that as well. Same standoff too. Mine showed up today, so I decided to toss it on. Over-torqued the standoff and it was in 2 pieces. The standoffs are made of a much softer material than the screws that you have to muscle out seconds before. Too bad the hardware store isn't open today, or tomorrow. If I find something stronger at my hardware store, I'll replace all of the standoffs for sturdiness.
    PM me for help converting your Summit to brushless

RC Qualifier
    If the standoff is so breakable.... what will happen after a serious crash?? As explained in my video, I was careful when tightening the standoff because the screw hole on the chassis was made of plastic, I would not have imagined that the metal part was so fragile!

Would be a good idea as you suggest to find a longer screw with a spacer to replace the original standoff... This skid plate must protect against shock and if the binding is fragile..

RC Qualifier
    Hi, I've received both Bumper and A Arm skid plates today. I made some videos this afternoon, now I'm working with Adobe Premiere to uplad videos on Youtube. In less than an hour, you'll get unboxing + mouting videos

[EDIT] will be uploaded later, I have a big problem into Premiere... don't want to upload videos on Youtube, I have to investigate the reason and fix it.
    Last edited by Scaniris; 12-29-2011 at 10:10 AM.

RC Qualifier
    1st video: unboxing

RC Qualifier
    T-Bone Racing 3P Basher Front Bumper for Traxxas Summit 1/10: mounting the front bumper video. Findings, comments,how to and more.

My daughter was playing beside me, you can hear in the background ^^

As you can see, the mounting instructions are wrong. But the pictures from the TBR website are OK. Therefore they have tp update the assembly drawing to match the photographs and what we should actually do in reality (mount the bumper UNDER the mounting plate and not above)
    Last edited by Scaniris; 12-29-2011 at 12:46 PM.

RC Qualifier
    TBR A-Skids set : A-Arm Skids installation part 1/2

Part 2/2 coming soon

RC Qualifier
    A-Skids part 2/2

RC Qualifier
    Another great detailed unboxing! Take her out to where you had problems before and let us know what you think. I bought my skid plate right after that review. That was before I even received my Summit.
    PM me for help converting your Summit to brushless

RC Enthusiast
    i think the batteryskid is a bit to narrow!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by bachkrabbler View Post
    i think the batteryskid is a bit to narrow!
    It is! The weak point of the undercarriage is where the battery door hinges on the bottom pan, that gets very thin.
    And that basher front end makes this 500 dollar truck look like something out of toys R us.
    I do like those a arm skid plates though, they get points for that!

RC Competitor
    I also bought the chassis skid plate. The stand offs are of a quite soft material, no wonder they break if you screw them too tight... I don't understand why they aren't made of something harder. So far the skid plate worked fine, it was quite impossible to get stuck on rocks because the car just slipped off / through the rocks I could easily get through the same places where it had stuck in the past. Too bad I didn't order the A-arm protectors as well.