Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    RC Racer
    new body and paint

"My Ideas always work sometimes"

RC Racer
    Today was a great day. My little box of goodies showed up. Some of you may not believe this but Tuesday I made an offer on an eBay action for a picco max .26 with "3 tanks of fuel ran", a 3.3 with "1 gallon", and another 3.3 with "2 gallons" ran through them. All of these came complete with ez-starts, headers, pipes, flywheels, carbs, clutches, pinion gears (various sizes), and motor saver air filters! Now I won this bid on eBay for $225!!

I cleaned up the "2 gallon" motor first and it ran just fine. The "1 gallon" motor ran like a champ! I just got in from running the picco and holy freakin smokes!! No way that motor was finished with breakin! I will start breakin from scratch with it tomorrow and start tuning.

For those of you non-eBay shoppers.....these are the type deals that CAN be had!! I am STOKED!! Now have 3 motors for price of one with extra's. Perfect timing since today I won another auction for a tmaxx roller.........now which truck do I put the picco in.........
    Warned to not use symbols..........

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Revo gene View Post
    Today was a great day. My little box of goodies showed up. Some of you may not believe this but Tuesday I made an offer on an eBay action for a picco max .26 with "3 tanks of fuel ran", a 3.3 with "1 gallon", and another 3.3 with "2 gallons" ran through them. All of these came complete with ez-starts, headers, pipes, flywheels, carbs, clutches, pinion gears (various sizes), and motor saver air filters! Now I won this bid on eBay for $225!!

I cleaned up the "2 gallon" motor first and it ran just fine. The "1 gallon" motor ran like a champ! I just got in from running the picco and holy freakin smokes!! No way that motor was finished with breakin! I will start breakin from scratch with it tomorrow and start tuning.

For those of you non-eBay shoppers.....these are the type deals that CAN be had!! I am STOKED!! Now have 3 motors for price of one with extra's. Perfect timing since today I won another auction for a tmaxx roller.........now which truck do I put the picco in.........
    Nice Deal Gene! No more broken connecting rods! Can't wait to hear how it does with that awesome clutch!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    Burned through first two tanks of break-in today after getting my engine resized by Ray A Racing. I have it running rich and will have to lean it out a little. So far
    DG have you finished the break in and leaned it out yet? I'll bet it is a screamer.

RC Racer
    Jake,

I started having issues with the picco. The 3.3's ran great this past weekend but the picco will launch like mad but falls immediately on its face and dies. Lean, rich, factory needle settings, however I set it up same result! I have racked my brain on that picco to no result. Going to disassemble the carb and replace all seals and see how that does. I really want to get this one tuned in soon, I have an ERCM pipe on its way for it. Anyone ever had this happen?

RC Racer
    I took it out for a little run....killing time waiting for my compressor to air up. I apologize for the crappy video I was trying to record and drive at the same time. I have a 1 1/2 gallons threw this engine using byrons 30.

RC Qualifier
    Jake,

I started having issues with the picco. The 3.3's ran great this past weekend but the picco will launch like mad but falls immediately on its face and dies. Lean, rich, factory needle settings, however I set it up same result! I have racked my brain on that picco to no result. Going to disassemble the carb and replace all seals and see how that does. I really want to get this one tuned in soon, I have an ERCM pipe on its way for it. Anyone ever had this happen?
    Sorry to hear that the Picco is giving you problems. I'd take it completely apart and check all the innards as well as the carb. Make sure the bearings are good and there is no rod slop and the pinch is good. If everything is good inside seal everything up when you are done, backplate, carb neck and bolts, HSN fuel inlet. Hopefully it's something simple like a gummed up carb.

RC Racer
    You think it is internal? I haven't cracked the motor open yet, I just seems sooooooo strong on the bottom that I can't believe that I might have an internal issue. I have not ran it with the rebuilt carb, that will have to wait till Friday when I can take some time off. Maybe I'll post a video of that run and get everyone's thoughts.

RC Qualifier
    Gene, it sounds like the carb. But I'm just saying that since you got it second hand, and you already have it out and the carb off, maybe it would be worthwhile to tear it down and inspect the internals, just in case. At least you will know that everything is cool in there, then you can seal it up when you are done with some Lucky 7 or whatever you choose and prevent air leaks in the future. It only takes a few minutes but that is just my opinion. Hopefully it will just be the carb and it will run awesome. I had a OS engine one time that was doing weird things and after I about tore my hair out trying to figure it out and did about everything else I finally found the rear bearing was shot. It would run great then flame out then run fine, then not start, etc...arghhhhhhhhhhh!!!

RC Racer
    Took the tranny apart and put a RR wide set of Gears, RR slipper clutch, and Arcer bearings.

RC Qualifier
    Instated a set of P-3 rockers and Blue springs in the rear and Silver in the front with 50w oil.

First impressions are good since I can drop it from about eye level without it bottoming out and I'm 6'4".

As a basher I don't like the LT Rockers and sway bars that came with the 3.3 I bought used and now I'm thinking about getting a set of P-3's to replace the P-1's on my trusty ol' 2.5r.

Never seems to end with this hobby lol.
    O.S.21 Nitro Revo, Stampede 4x4, 2 Axial Honcho's

RC Racer
    UPS delivered my parts today I had sent off to get anodized. Parts look great, but I'm not so sure about the orange RPM arms now.

Last edited by jk6672; 04-06-2012 at 10:56 PM.

RC Racer
    First off, JK, that looks Freaking Great man!!! I wouldn't change anything!!! I will soon be contacting you to get your anodizer's info. I want a flat black chassis myself. I have a top kick body I am working on now that having a black chassis would look great with. The orange is cool man!

I FINALLY got this picco max figured out with side blow exhaust! Thanks to TNT Hobby in Plano for all of their help & creativity with seals, headers, and pipe bending. Ran 4 tanks yesterday evening and holy cow! Its a totally different REVO. Had to change up the gearing to 18/36 and really tune in the BUKU clutch to dial in the power delivery. Even with the center, it will wheelie like a brushless off the line and then under full throttle shift to 2nd, nice little 3-4" power wheelies!!!

Wll be installing the ERCM pipe when it arrives next week and see how much more power I can get out of this thing!!

RC Qualifier
    Took the ol' 2.5r out for a thrash on our unofficial figure 8 track.
    O.S.21 Nitro Revo, Stampede 4x4, 2 Axial Honcho's

RC Racer
    Thanks. I'm going to drop a JL red dot in there, I only wish I could have bought a black THS pipe. I might through some high temp paint on the pipe and see how that works 'cause I think the polished pipe will stick out like a sore thumb.

RC Racer
    Jk,

What mount is that you have on your truck? I need a better mount with some adjustability for the picco.

Quote Originally Posted by jk6672 View Post
    UPS delivered my parts today I had sent off to get anodized. Parts look great, but I'm not so sure about the orange RPM arms now.

You can still dye them black I dyed mine orange at first and also didn't like them so I dyed mine black and they came out ok. You can also dye the blue dust caps and antenna tube at the same time. And by the way it looks great
    Last edited by fallonguy; 04-08-2012 at 09:11 PM.
    I wanted to put a really cool signature but I ran

RC Racer
    I think the orange a arms grew on me, I think they look good now that I've started putting things back together.

RC Racer
    What kind of rims are those?
    Revo 2.5r, Slayer Pro 4x4 Picco .26 max.

RC Racer
    Those are axial rims that where chrome, but I stripped off the chrome and dyed them black and had the bead locks anodized orange.

RC Qualifier
    Reamed out a bunch of holes in the windshield on my body. My temps were about 15-20 degrees hotter with the lid on.
    --
    Nitro-J-Rod

RC Qualifier
    I like the orange BTW. How did you get orange RPM arms? Did they come that way or did you dye them somehow?
    --
    Nitro-J-Rod

RC Competitor
    My house! Right down the hill from my chicken coop.
    Wow! Great color!!!!

Peace,
    Story

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by jarod_rodriguez View Post
    I like the orange BTW. How did you get orange RPM arms? Did they come that way or did you dye them somehow?
    I dyed them.

RC Racer
    Jk,

What mount is that you have on your truck? I need a better mount with some adjustability for the picco.
    I'm not sure if it's going to fit the 26 JL red dot, but it's the traxxas BB mount. If it doesn't I'll either pick up a new era (which I have on my 28) or the ofna mount.

RC Champion
    Tore it completely apart and cleaned it from head to toe. Inspected it for any damage after purchasing used.

This truck is insanely clean! I think he bought it, rolled it back and forth in the dirt and sold it to me! YEA!!!

I'll have it back together tonight.....VVVRRRRRRRRROOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!

RC Racer
    look is look really good jk6672 ,that orange and black is killer

RC Racer
    Jk,

My picco is the .26max. Not the red dot. I need a mount with some adjustability so I can tune the gearing in. Right now, all I can run is the 18/36 I have on there now, Anymore gear, i cannot adjust for mesh.

Any recommendations out there for a mount?

RC Racer
    @JK .. I like that black chassis it hides the rx box and miscellaneous plastics. I would dye the dust boot covers and paint the rubber seals on your rocker bearings with a black paint marker, when their off of the bearings themselves of course.

I cleaned up my Revo from the Track on monday! I forgot how much fun R/C's are! Video coming later!
    Learn by doing

RC Racer
    Those are axial rims that where chrome, but I stripped off the chrome and dyed them black and had the bead locks anodized orange.
    Awesome! The axials rims are 2.8? or 2.2?
    Revo 2.5r, Slayer Pro 4x4 Picco .26 max.

RC Champion
    I think the orange a arms grew on me, I think they look good now that I've started putting things back together.

That thing looks AWESOME. Great job!!
    I kicked mine after seeing this. LOL

RC Racer
    Holy cow that is outstanding!!

My ERCM pipe showed up today. Bolted on stock 3.3 with 15/40 gearing, stock trans, and tuned. 50+mph top speed and wheelies on command.

RC Competitor
    I moved the side pipe under the rollbar to keep it better protected and make things neater in anticipation of getting a proline slipstream body for a e revo. That will keep trimming it to a minimum around this big block. I gotta say I'm ashamed of posting these pics after seeing that nice orange black revo above. Lol

Last edited by NASTY5.0; 04-12-2012 at 08:19 PM.
    Revo 3.3 with Ofna Force .32
    Revo 2.5 stock

RC Competitor

Nice trucks. Love the orange. On the truck in the left background is that the new era header? How do you like those dirt bonz tires and do they last?
    Revo 2.5 stock

RC Qualifier
    The dirtbonz are the best tires ever....

RC Competitor
    Good to hear because I just picked up a set from a eBay chop shop for 27 bucks to my door. Are they light? I hear the terra pins are extremely light for their size but I don't want a tire that big. Do the dirt bonz wear out quick if ran on pavement?
    Revo 2.5 stock

RC poster
    Ran my new Revo in my back yard as my 11 year old Lab ( Doc ) thought he'd try chasing it until I put it in reverse and started chasing him. Had a good time though as did Doc.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by NASTY5.0 View Post
    Nice trucks. Love the orange. On the truck in the left background is that the new era header? How do you like those dirt bonz tires and do they last?
    That's a New Era BB engine mount and a THS header on my picco 28. I really like the DirtBonz, they are great on the dirt, I wouldn't use them on the street too much though. I have them on a set of Maximizer wheels and it's a really light set-up, even taped.

Quote Originally Posted by DawgBoneRC View Post
    Ran my new Revo in my back yard as my 11 year old Lab ( Doc ) thought he'd try chasing it until I put it in reverse and started chasing him. Had a good time though as did Doc.
    LOL, been there done that with my lab. good times.

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who has commented on my build.

RC Competitor
    That's a New Era BB engine mount and a THS header on my picco 28. I really like the DirtBonz, they are great on the dirt, I wouldn't use them on the street too much though. I have them on a set of Maximizer wheels and it's a really light set-up, even taped.

LOL, been there done that with my lab. good times.

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who has commented on my build.
    Awesome. Thanks for responding. I do alot of street bashing and I was looking for a light wheel and tire combo for all around bashing. Unfortunately a basher all around tire also means heavy and I'd rather have performance rather than big heavy tires. I have a set of 40 series mashers on Wabash 23mm wheels that lasted all but 10 minutes on the truck before they came off lol. It killed the truck for me. Maybe not as noticeable with a powerfull bb but my bb is a glorified turd made to look good on a light revo lol.
    Revo 2.5 stock