Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    Drove on my new track with center/rear brake for the first time

RC Racer
    Had a little run time at the pit. It was a tad bit on the chilly side for me but the trucks ran well!

Oh and i finished off the 3.3 in the jato! I just wanted to blow one on purpose! lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKRttPV2bYU
    Last edited by twisted metal; 03-04-2012 at 10:48 PM.

RC poster
    new springs in shocks as well as new oil for the shocks, front and rear sway bars, pro line wing and wing mount, new spur gear(striped the last one out) and a center differential with no rear brake so now it only brakes in the front and the back keeps driving and the metal brake gets super hot so it glows red and sometimes blue. I loosened the brake pads and then decided not the use the brakes anymore...lol too eager to wait for the rear brake. I will take apart my trans next weekend again! yay!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by twisted metal View Post
    Had a little run time at the pit. It was a tad bit on the chilly side for me but the trucks ran well!

Oh and i finished off the 3.3 in the jato! I just wanted to blow one on purpose! lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKRttPV2bYU
    cool vid ,that was great front flip

RC Enthusiast
    Broke in my engine yesterday, afterward i did a lil bashing and now i gotta get a new cooling head... Broke some fins off somehow.. Not sure what i did, but o-well...

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    The Buku clutch, springs, techno servo mounts, receiver box, motor plate, OWB, carb rebuild kit, and fuel lines arrived today!!! Woohoo. New piston and sleeve installed last weekend and broke in motor. Spent the evening rebuilding the carb (first time), getting springs done, going through trans, installing the awesome looking Buku clutch, and other goodies. What a great evening right??? Only prob, the weather went from 72 degrees at 11:30 to 45 degrees and rain by noon!! Dang Texas weather. Will be a few days before it get to test and tune!!!
    Warned to not use symbols..........

RC Racer
    Received my chassis in the mail today (sent it out to get anodized black), packed up a bunch of parts that are going to be anodized orange, rebuilt front and rear diff’s to erevo specs (50wt lube front, 50/50 mix of 50wt and 10wt rear) with acer ceramic bearings, put diffs in a new set of bulkheads with Lunsford ti rocker bolts , assembled set of MIP CVD’s

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by jk6672 View Post
    Received my chassis in the mail today (sent it out to get anodized black), packed up a bunch of parts that are going to be anodized orange, rebuilt front and rear diffs to erevo specs (50wt lube front, 50/50 mix of 50wt and 10wt rear) with acer ceramic bearings, put diffs in a new set of bulkheads with Lunsford ti rocker bolts , assembled set of MIP CVDs
    What does it run $$$ to get the chasis anodized and where do you send it? Orange and black look awesome together...

RC Enthusiast
    It depends.... The place i contacted near me (dallas) has a minimum order of $50-$70 depending on color.

RC Competitor
    yeah that would be sick

RC Competitor
    Anyways, I stared at my revo.. cause its all taken apart. waiting for parts in mail

RC Racer
    Near Dallas? Where? I work in Irving and live in far north Plano/ south Frisco.......

RC Enthusiast
    Texas precision plating... its in garland.
    http://www.texasprecision.net/

I actually live in Midlothian, its just easier to say dallas as a general statement... Lol

RC Racer
    I put my Tekno battery/RX and servo mount on chassis. I also decided to do a little modifications to the RX box. It’s still a work in progress, I still need to fill in with some JB weld and sand is smooth. Here are some pics.

RX top with hole cut out for battery recharge plug

piece from bottom of traxxas housing

pre fitting

test fitting to see if any clearance problems

RC Enthusiast

RC poster
    I installed RPM True track, front A-Arms, Axle Carriers, ST Racing Concepts progressive 90T Rockers (Front only) New springs, replaced screws on everything I took apart w/SS ones annnnnd finally Airtronics RX-461. Almost R.T.R. now.
    L8r
    -D-

RC Qualifier
    Completely tore down suspension components, reoiled shocks, readjusted shock settings for a stiffer ride, lowest points for selected for front and rear push rods, shorter aluminium push rods installed, shock covers installed, full wheel alignment performed, 36 tooth spur installed for a little more top end.

Go out to run it and the one way bearing failed on the rotostart so didn't even get to run it at all lol. Sometimes she goes, sometimes she dont, it's the fracken way she goes boys... The way she goes

RC Racer
    Dyed my A-arms orange today and installed steering servo and servo horn:

RC poster
    Very cool! Keep the pics coming...I love seeing unique Revos.

Is that paint Nitro-proof?

RC Champion
    you guys are cool
    you know.. i never had a sig.. but i do now...

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike21112 View Post
    Very cool! Keep the pics coming...I love sgeeing unique Revos.

Is that paint Nitro-proof?
    It's not paint. It's anodized

RC Qualifier
    Took them out to the pit a burned almost a gallon through them.
    Only a couple small issues at the end of the day.
    Thrashed the 2.5 for most of the day till the OW seized on the starter shaft.
    Then I thrashed the 3.3 for another hr till the fly wheel nut backed off and locked up the clutch.

All and all I'd say it was a cheap day for repairs and alot of fun bashing the heck out of my trucks while my buudy tried to keep up with his Savage LOL! ! ! ! !

O.S.21 Nitro Revo, Stampede 4x4, 2 Axial Honcho's

RC Competitor
    Worked on it, Waiting on parts! Come on UPS!!! COME ON
    Pin it to win it, Drive it like you stole it.

RC Racer
    Amen CWT........waiting on parts. Ups and USPS get checked 2x's a day now!!

RC Racer
    That is a sweet setup!!!! I called that place you used here in Dallas and took all my truck chassis over there and several parts. Cannot wait to see your rig completed.

RC Competitor
    I dont know what i did to my revo the plugs are failing i i went thru 4 in a tank. the piston has crazy carbon build up guess it was that 33% fuel. Now its a pig and my nitro sport destoys it in a race. WHYYYYYYYYY! only had it for a week.

RC poster
    Finally took the my Revo 3.3 out for the first time in four years. Over the past couple of weeks, I've been finding replacing broken parts and getting new batteries for the receiver and ez start. It cranked up right away after I primed and started it. Everything seems to run great, even after four years. It's running a little hot, but I'm going to richen it up and try to retune it after work today.

On a side note, I can't believe so much has changed since I was into R/C. Traxxas makes a car that goes 100+ out of the box now?!?!?! There's mini revos and crazy electric revos! The Summit, Slash, and Slayer look pretty awesome too. I feel like I just crawled out from under a rock. I also feel a lot better about buying my Revo since they still go for $600ish new.

RC Racer
    bought another set of Arcer bearings, RR wide gear set, and RR slipper clutch.

RC Racer
    Installed Techno Throttle Servo mount and throttle linkage. Just ordered RPM True Track rear arms.

RC Racer
    i bought the techno linkage do i need the servo mount for it to work or can i just install it
    TO MUCH TO LIST ON HERE

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by miamibanshee View Post
    i bought the techno linkage do i need the servo mount for it to work or can i just install it
    The linkage will probably not work with the stock "box" around the servo without modification. I would say get the mount as well. I found mine on ebay brand new for $4.00! Also found 2075 waterproof servo's for $40 for a PAIR of them! Ebay my man.......in this hobbie, you gotta find the best prices!!

RC Racer
    Ran for about 4 minutes today and pop........there goes the connecting rod........

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Revo gene View Post
    Ran for about 4 minutes today and pop........there goes the connecting rod........
    What's up with that? If I remember correctly didn't you just rebuild that motor? Or maybe I am thinking of someone else.

RC Racer
    I carefully cleaned my differential ring and pinion gears, tried to get some sense on the desk where all the parts are lying. Soon I will get new transmission clip, trans case rear part and E-Revo style diff gears and diff cups, trying to find some time to do the Slayden steering mod.
    |Traxxas|Revo|3.3|#5309|FIN|

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake C6R View Post
    What's up with that? If I remember correctly didn't you just rebuild that motor? Or maybe I am thinking of someone else.
    Jake you are correct sir! I was ticked! Put new sleeve and piston in it 4 weeks ago. Broke it in right and had the best tune I have ever had on this motor. It was running like none other. The connecting rod split right up the middle destroyed the entire mill. Nothing is repairable. Really ticked me off. I thought about replacing the rod with a Davis rod when I did the rebuild but I didn't and paid for that second thought. Going by Traxxas tomorrow, they are 3 miles from my house, and picking up a brand new mill.

I have highly considered a picco but I'll just go back with the 3.3 on this truck. ERCM is building a full mod big block with one of their pipes but it is several weeks out still and that set up could be going in my new project truck anyway. So, back to stock 3.3 with ERCM pipe by the end of the week.

Burned through first two tanks of break-in today after getting my engine resized by Ray A Racing. I have it running rich and will have to lean it out a little. So far
    The Super Derecho

RC Racer
    Here are some pics of the Disassembly after the grenade went off internally...........

cooling head damage

Piston damage from hitting the head. Also side skirts are broken off but just cant see in this view.

and here is the rod....crackeh right up the middle then broke off at the top and banged around

here is the BUKU clutch.....

RC Champion
    Tore down 2 of them to bare chassis, deanodized the alloy one and polished and buffed it out with mothers, looks like chrome, serviced everything, diffs, tranny, bearing, hubs, swapped around arms and motors, the day flew by, had #1 running at 9 pm. Putting some video in my thread, nothing fancy, start, middle and running, would have been a good time to make tutorial vids if I wasn't rushing to beat the 8pm nitro curfew. Great day in the shop, it was sunny outside but freezing and windy. Now decide what to do with the carbon fiber chassis, I think its all worth more parted out but it may make a nice conversion or save it for the gas motor when it comes out, really need to thin down the fleet.
    15 IS Enough, Time to thin down the fleet some.

RC Racer
    Congrats on the job offer my man!!! And thank you for all your help and advice to me and to all of us rookies!!! I would have probably gotten ticked off already and sold my REVO if it wasnt for the advice and "simple fix" advice you and other Vets give out on here.