Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    RC Champion
    Fitted my Losi shafts onto the front.

Pressed the 21x15 bearings inside the carrier
    Widened the outside to suit the 14x8
    Drilled holes through the shaft.

Now she is just as strong as she is pretty.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by anr2442 View Post

Which shafts are those? And are they better then the traxxas upgrade shafts?

RC Competitor

Zapatos Nuevos

Put some meats on and lost some weight. Can't wait to see the roost!

RC Enthusiast
    Today I finally got to take it out for a test run and wow! I found out that the old v tread tires that came on it provide little traction on the street as it would spin out easily with more than half throttle and if I ease it up till it hits second and than pour the power on the same thing happens and I love it. In the grass it just flips wright over so its seems like I may need to adjust the slipper just a bit and lower the ride hight. After shutting it down to handle some other business I forgot to open the fuel cut off and then the battery died in my easy start so I put it away. Gonna wait till the wrm weather comes back and really enjoy the revo and jato I have recently snagged up and given some much needed tlc.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by anr2442 View Post

Nice. . . . . .
    O.S.21 Nitro Revo, Stampede 4x4, 2 Axial Honcho's

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jato_220 View Post
    Today I finally got to take it out for a test run and wow! I found out that the old v tread tires that came on it provide little traction on the street as it would spin out easily with more than half throttle and if I ease it up till it hits second and than pour the power on the same thing happens and I love it. In the grass it just flips wright over so its seems like I may need to adjust the slipper just a bit and lower the ride hight. After shutting it down to handle some other business I forgot to open the fuel cut off and then the battery died in my easy start so I put it away. Gonna wait till the wrm weather comes back and really enjoy the revo and jato I have recently snagged up and given some much needed tlc.
    Call me a freak, but I have 2 receiver and 2 easy start battery's in my pit box so I can play longer.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by NITR0 newbie View Post
    Call me a freak, but I have 2 receiver and 2 easy start battery's in my pit box so I can play longer.
    Not a freak i would say prepared lol. I had to go pick up my daughter from daycare.
    Revo 2.5 with 3.3 14/38 gearing
    jato 2.5 stock

RC Qualifier
    Just installed some traxxas tube pushrods to go with my new p2 rockers. Havent driven it yet with the p2's.
    One shot.....One kill, no exceptions

RC poster
    Installed a jp1 pipe and metal gear, my big block project is looking the part now..

RC Qualifier
    Took her out to the gravel pit and thrashed a 1/2 liter of fuel through her. The 3.3 with a single chamber exhaust and a 15/40 gear set and the short wheel base, she is a banshee.

When I got home I found that I finally broke the front bumper and the negative lead to the starter motor,the right side wheel nuts like to come loose even with lock tight on them, the wire was an easy fix and hopefully some glue and zip ties will hold the bumper together till my rpm bumper comes in.

Now I'm gonna stuff that pesky 2.5 with the dual chamber back in and take her to the parking lot tomorrow and try to finally get that power plant dialed in as good as my 3.3 is.I also put my old T-max tires back on her.

RC Qualifier
    Still on the complete rebuild, both diffs have been torn down and rebuilt. :-) on to the rest now.

RC Qualifier
    4 tanks through the 2.5r today and had her dialed in, on my fourth lap out on the grass I thought I hit a stick the way it shoot up in the air and landed on it's lid and stalled.

When I walked over and picked it up it looked ok so I rolled it on the ground a couple times just to check the drive line and it sounded bad.

Back to my house to tear it down and find that my Opti-Drive decided to shift into reverse while she was doing about 25mph(or it could have been my bulky glove since it was 18f.) either way I ordered a new set of drive gears.

After removing the reverse gear and cleaning the debris I reassembled the transmission stuck it in drive and un-plugged the shifter from the Opti-Drive till my new gears come in.

Who needs reverse when you drive fast anyway?

RC Competitor
    I finally bought a new gallon of nitro so I went to run the truck. The first tank went well, kind of tuning for the weather but overall was running great. Went to the park with my boys to run the rest of my 1st gallon and got half way though the tank when the truck stopped moving and the motor starts screaming. First thought is my slipper messed up. That was fine so I walk back home because it's getting dark and cold. I did my engine shutdown with after run and found out that the truck didn't want to roll backward, it was basically locked. I removed the transmission and got to see what was wrong.

So I was lucky Hobbytown was open until 8 because I was able to get the new gears and transmission case. I will put the transmission in tomorrow, I just don't feel like it tonight.
    Last edited by flashman2002; 01-13-2012 at 09:12 PM. Reason: added picture

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by flashman2002 View Post
    I finally bought a new gallon of nitro so I went to run the truck. The first tank went well, kind of tuning for the weather but overall was running great. Went to the park with my boys to run the rest of my 1st gallon and got half way though the tank when the truck stopped moving and the motor starts screaming. First thought is my slipper messed up. That was fine so I walk back home because it's getting dark and cold. I did my engine shutdown with after run and found out that the truck didn't want to roll backward, it was basically locked. I removed the transmission and got to see what was wrong.

So I was lucky Hobbytown was open until 8 because I was able to get the new gears and transmission case. I will put the transmission in tomorrow, I just don't feel like it tonight.
    So what did ya tear up inside the tranny?

RC Competitor
    Picture is up now for your viewing pleasure.

RC Qualifier
    Picture is up now for your viewing pleasure.
    Now I don't feel so bad because I can still drive mine, just not backwards. . . . . Hope you get her running again soon.

RC Competitor
    I got the transmission fixed in about 20 minutes once I took it apart and got to Hobbytown. I just have to put it in the truck and I am going again. I did the FOC so it's possible I did something wrong, but I am pretty sure I put it together properly.

RC Competitor
    Don't know how I did it, but I broken one of the screws on the cooling head. There was also another one that was loose. That would explain why it wasn't running right. I didn't have any more head screws to replace it, so I used a motor mount screw since they are the same size. Hope it's made from the same material.

RC Competitor
    My exhaust header broke today $20 later and was able to run on the RC track for a good hour.

RC Competitor
    day 4 of snow bashing fun! guess cabin fever cant keep me down anymore.
    magically i broke a front bumper..the black piece that takes the shock from the chrome bumper. im glad its an easy plastic glue fix rather than an online order type. out tomorrow! maybe..its been miserably cold. cant wait for upgrade time.
    Revo 3.3 FTW!!

RC Racer
    I replaced my header gasket on my 21TM it was running lean. Polished the manifold and pipe, too cold out here to run it, 17degrees.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=41.432592,-73.413589

RC Competitor
    My house! Right down the hill from my chicken coop.
    Went to moms to bash, all to find the darn easy start wand button discharged itself in my backpack.

RC Qualifier
    Cleaned it and put it away for winter. Then worked on my race buggy.

RC Qualifier
    20F today but I took her out any way (pre-heated and started right out the back door) and burned off a tank in the alley.
    The old 2.5r is running great!
    Brought her in to clean up and noticed my front shock mount was loose, alot to be said for after run maintenance

RC Qualifier

Red face

Took it out for a snow run then cleaned it up and said good bye Heading to NC for some training on John Deere equipment. Be good while I'm gone...sorry you had to see me pack up the crawler and heli...had to bring something "rc" with me
    Last edited by PEDE-OFF; 01-17-2012 at 12:07 PM.

RC Racer
    I've got a pile of parts coming in today to fix my BB Revo. I'll try to get those on tonight. MIP rear shiny drives. Traxxas aluminum push rods. Rubber pieces for the carb and an exhaust seal. I have to fab up a front mount for the JP-4 pipe. Put the steering servo back in it. Lots of work to do.

When I'm done with that I still need to fix my 2.5 Revo. New stock roll bar. Clean the air filter.

Both the RX batteries need to be charged.

Got to get the BB one ready for KOH in 2 weeks.

RC Qualifier
    Started tearing into my revo today to change the diff oils and found that my front bulkhead was cracked, not bad mind you but enough for me to want to replace it and while I'm at it I am going to replace the rear as well.

Had no idea that the new 3.3 had an engine brace so I ordered one of those too go along with the rest.

This is turning out to be a pricey hobby.

RC poster
    finally got out for some quick runs and my shock end broke again ...aluminum ones on order. Meanwhile had some spare parts ...yeah buddy!!

RC Competitor
    Man, another broken part for me. This time my right front upper arm broke. I was able to run half a lap at my track when it broke. I know it was cold and that is the main reason it broke. But my motor was running so great with the cold weather. So I bought RPM fronts and the true trac rear much to my wife's dismay. I will put them on in the next couple days.

RC Racer
    Looked at my revo today wishing it was spring time to go bashing.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=41.335921,-73.068338

Quote Originally Posted by Sgarcia89lx View Post
    Looked at my revo today wishing it was spring time to go bashing.
    Me too. And every other day my son points to it and says "Truck".
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    Boiled some talons of my gemini wheels to get ready to install on the new geode wheels I just ordered. May put my pullstart on too.

RC Champion
    Broke my primary shaft again in the tranny and destroyed my clutch. Im packing the girl up until it gets warm. The AB Drag Mod is Boss, but it has horrible gas mileage when its cold. I don't think I was even getting 6 minutes a tank, and that's with 30% nitro. The MC9 worked great after I heated the motor up.

Sent from my Rooted HTC EVO 4G on IceCream Sandwich
    Last edited by JLRevo; 01-22-2012 at 12:50 PM.
    Go Patriots!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    woow, you spend $20 for a header? I found one on ebay for the 2.5 its basically the same for 3.3 and its much cheaper and it comes with the plastic tuned pipe and a blue coupler for $6.99 plus 3.99 S/H.
    My exhaust header broke today $20 later and was able to run on the RC track for a good hour.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | 360mm XO-1 GT |

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    woow, you spend $20 for a header? I found one on ebay for the 2.5 its basically the same for 3.3 and its much cheaper and it comes with the plastic tuned pipe and a blue coupler for $6.99 plus 3.99 S/H.
    I wasn't going to wait for eBay to run. Somethings I find worth spending at the lhs.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    My house! Right down the hill from my chicken coop.
    Great day of bashing! Broke my esc cover! Oh well! Was worth it!

RC Competitor
    Started to change out my broken front a-arm and find out my bulkhead is cracked all the way through. So now I have to wait to buy a new bulkhead before I change everything out. I am also surprised how much I have to remove to be able to change the arms out. More complicated then I was expecting considering how easy everything else has been.

RC Racer
    Turn on the radio, then the receiver, make sure everything works then start the engine.

Here is a tip: install a fail safe set to full brakes when signal not received from the controller. I too, learned the hard, expensive way

RC Racer
    Replaced springs back to the soft original white and green springs. Can't wait for Warner weather and no snow to go bashing!!

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=41.336108,-73.068302

RC Racer
    The revo got a fail safe installed today. Never want to witness another run away like 2 weeks ago. Had to replace entire frt suspension from that one. Fail safe set to full brakes now! Buku due here Wednesday. Sure I'll have alot of tuning fun this weekend.