Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
    RC Enthusiast
    Soldered some new wires onto my ez start wires since a few of them broke. Getting a new glow plug tomorrow since I blew minetwo days ago. And thats about it!

RC Racer
    Put on some nifty gtr Teflon coated shocks with the TiN coated shafts on operation 2.5 to 3.3

RC Racer
    Received new engine front bearing from acer racing and Dynamite Mach 26 carb. Installed the bearing, started modifying the carb for the 3.3 and noticed a label on the carb's plastic bag that says that the carb causes cancer?
    |Traxxas|Revo|3.3|#5309|FIN|

Stared at her... realizing I NEED to drive her again!
    Learn by doing

RC Racer
    Broke in a brand new OS18TM i had lying round for a year or two, tuned it, then flogged it. Got my 21TM out on the bench for bearings, crank, head, and sleeve work. I am EXTREAMLEY impressed with the 18. One tuff mill!
    TRAXXAS...................Should be :- KIXXAS.

RC Competitor
    All new RPM suspension an steel CVDs. New tranny an slipper clutch. Cleaned everything down to the screws
    revo 3.3 tmaxx 3.3 ofna hyper 7

RC Qualifier
    I added Ace Products "Outlaw" racing pipe, Integy tank guard and a Big Daddy Fuel Filter late last night. I could'nt sleep so i i figured Revo upgrades was the thing to do. Waiting for it to warm up outside to see how it runs. Anyone else ever use a Outlaw pipe?

RC Racer
    Gutted it, and am cleaning her up. Goin from my Platinum chassis back to my red one.
    TRAXXAS...................Should be :- KIXXAS.

RC Racer
    Got my bulkhead tie bars ready and installed them.

When I get the chassis look similar to those, it will really start to look like my Revo again. Still some work on the Dynamite carb to get it fit...

Been working on my house remodel so much that I've neglected doing anything to the Revo since October. Finally got to it a day or two ago. Cleaned the entire truck, replaced the fluids in the shocks and diffs. Tore the engine apart, cleaned it up, found the head slightly loose and a split in the header which gave me a good reason to throw my last standard header out and move on to the PE one and hold it w/two springs. Only issue with this header is that I need to modify or heat it up and bend it so that the pipe will attach to it. The way it's bent now is the pipe sits a good 1" forward and the header faces down a little. Engine and mount are straight, mesh is perfect.
    The Super Derecho

RC Racer
    Engine is now in one piece.

M2C clutch and Traxxas 15t clutch bell coming from A Main. Also PE header in the same package.
    + I measured that after my modifications the crankcase exhaust openin' and the BuKu pipe's header side opening are both 11mm and I've read that the ID of the PE header is also 11mm. Sounds good to me
    Last edited by RC-Sakke; 01-15-2013 at 02:18 PM.

RC Qualifier
    I switched over to 40t spur and 14t clutch bell tonight. When i changed the spur gear 2 of the slipper clutch shoes were messed up. Just my luck. 1 had a whole corner broke off and the other one 2 corners that were chipped and had a fracture running all they across it. So ill be adding the HD slipper clutch to my list of upgrades. So that was just a couple of upgrades done on a list of repair and hops to be done. Just waiting on ordered parts and doing the work as they come in. I broke my front bulk head so i ordered stock and hop up replacement parts. Ill post a laundry list and some pics when i get it completely reassembled and bashable again my broken front bulk head in multiple pieces. Pretty sure this shouldnt be fixed with super glue. Not in the picture is the 2 A-arm hinge pins that were snapped in 2
    " You just got passed by a Traxxas"

RC Qualifier
    Took her down from the shelf and used my blade msr to blow the dust off of her since there is a foot of snow on the ground and the temp is about 20*F, sure looking forward to spring lol
    O.S.21 Nitro Revo, Stampede 4x4, 2 Axial Honcho's

RC Champion
    man u aint lying..... its waaaaying to cold ... but its 5*F here in Toronto... LOL
    you know.. i never had a sig.. but i do now...

RC Enthusiast
    same thing i do every day...............................broke it.

RC Qualifier
    Put on braided ful lines.and fitted a new Body.
    nutty like a squirrel turd....!!!!!

RC Qualifier
    Went to my LHS to order the HD aluminum slipper clutch set up for my Revo today and he threw in a brand new in package Traxxas slipper rebuild kit so i could use my Revo while i wait till Friday for the HD slipper. I couldn't bare to tell him it was already out of commission, so i got a free extra for the track box So since ive been bored today and cant go bashing i got artsy on my tires. I think it looks pretty cool myself. Took me about a hour to paint this 1 tire. So this will give me something to do till the rest of my parts come in.

RC Racer
    Added RPM front A-arms while I wait for my true track kit for the rear and axel carriers to come in for the front.

RC poster
    Ordered parts to start my revo 2.5r picco project

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by NvDesertRat96 View Post
    Went to my LHS to order the HD aluminum slipper clutch set up for my Revo today and he threw in a brand new in package Traxxas slipper rebuild kit so i could use my Revo while i wait till Friday for the HD slipper. I couldn't bare to tell him it was already out of commission, so i got a free extra for the track box So since ive been bored today and cant go bashing i got artsy on my tires. I think it looks pretty cool myself. Took me about a hour to paint this 1 tire. So this will give me something to do till the rest of my parts come in.
    Man that looks awesome!!! What kind of paint and how did you do that??

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Ckeithnitro View Post
    Man that looks awesome!!! What kind of paint and how did you do that??
    I havent used my Revo since i painted the lettering so i have no idea how it will hold up to bashing.

I used a white paint marker i got from a arts and crafts store called Micheal's. It doesn't say what type of paint it is but the brand name on the pen is Forney #70818. I just took my time and very careful painted the lettering. I used alcohol to clean the tire and a tack cloth to get all the lint up. I used tooth picks to clean up the lines if it bleed over a lil. By the time i finished the 4th tire i had it down to about 15-20 mins.

RC Qualifier
    Today/tonight i put my truck together.....TWICE. I broke my front bulkhead and after i got it all back together it wouldnt roll. Come to find out i had put the front diff in upside down. I now know the diffs are marked "UP" on one side. LOL While i had the front end apart i added the HD servo saver spring. Following a guide under the Pit Pass tab i did some minor modification to the steering to get a few more degrees of turn.

I also was looking for a lil more snap off the line so i switched to a 40t spur gear and a 14t clutch bell gear. While i had it apart i also upgraded my slipper to the the HD Aluminum Slipper. I added return springs in between the brake shoes too. I have more to do just wanted to go in increments. Ill post more updates as i add hop ups.

Also added to the truck was Integy anodized blue Front, Mid-Front, Transmission/Center and Rear Skid plates. Installed the RPM front bumper mount, Front bumper and Rear bumper. I also installed the Traxxas on board temp gauge. Looks pretty cool. Im gonna compare it to my temp gun before i decide to trust it.

I got new springs,shock oil and shock socks. I have not installed them yet except for the socks on the front shocks. The desert sand here sometimes will have DG in it and a few times ive had pieces stuck in my springs or pieces of sagebrush or rabbit brush lol.

Ill do more upgrades later. Its been broke and waiting for parts for 2 weeks i want to go bashing.

RC Qualifier
    Did a little snow blowing.

BB MERV/550 Rusty/OS21REVO
    Drive it like its Hot

RC poster
    That first pic is sweet

RC Competitor
    I looked at it and then I wished it was warmer out...
    Summit, Slash 4x4 Platinum, Revo 3.3, T-MaxxPro-15

RC Racer
    Installed an e revo diff with diff putty in the rear....
    If it ain't broke, fix it till it is! BB Revo

RC Qualifier
    The other day... mounted Road Rage tires on Deperado rims and put on a new THS1046 pipe!
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

RC Qualifier
    Got all the Aluminum Integy Skid plates installed.

Installed Rpm Front Bumper and mount and Rpm Rear Bumper, Traxxas om board temp gauge and shock socks front only for now.

RC Qualifier
    Got bored and pealed the Traxxas stickers off my stock body and had a custom sticker made and added my number and the name of the shop who does all my tattoos

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...18993221_n.jpg

So what do you think of the custom Revo sticker?

RC Racer
    It looks a lot like the logo off my black label society t shirt. Cool tho.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ausher1880 View Post
    It looks a lot like the logo off my black label society t shirt. Cool tho.
    LOL Thanks it does kinda look like BLS, but its not

RC Racer
    i finished waterproofing my radios, put on a new filter, put a paint can top over it, finished my pink snow shield for the front lol... and doused it in wd40, now i'm just waiting for my friend to get off work so we can play lol i'm thirty but i feel like a kid everytime i start it up haha

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ou2mame View Post
    i feel like a kid everytime i start it up haha
    Im 35 and i feel like im 13 when im bashing my Revo. Even talked my friend/neighbor into getting a Traxxas, hes 33 and a History professor at the University lol. Honestly i think the age demographic is high for Traxxas RC's cause of the price point of most vehicles.

Mid life crisis at 1/10 scale

RC Racer
    hahaha one of my friends... i used to be into nitro like 15 years ago, then when i was around 20 or so i sold all my stuff and washed my hands of it. so my friend, he's a cpa, and he's telling me how he saw some kids playing with what he thought was gas powered rc cars. and he was mystified he never heard of them or anything.. and he was showing me some pictures of different trucks online and i was like dude, its expensive, time consuming... so anyways, 6 months later i'm hardcore back into it my gf doesn't seem to mind though! my gf when i was in my early 20s, we were living together and she hated it. so i guess i did better as i got older

RC Qualifier
    Put a new slip stream body on n some new era aluminum shock mounts, cause I couldn't stand to see them in the half off bin anymore. Oh and TRX mount with a proline wing.

BB MERV/550 Rusty/OS21REVO
    Drive it like its Hot

RC Racer
    i jumped my revo a ton today... we got like 2 feet of snow here, so i was jumping the plowed stuff all day! it was awesome, until the sun went down and everything turned to ice. i also replaced the shaft and one way bearing cause it was slipping in the cold. hmm... i think that's about all i did to her, but she's a blast. my friend's slayer pro.. he's so jealous. this truck drives over anything. his, not so much haha

RC Competitor
    I see you buddy she looks even prettier in pics than in person hopefully ur new paint job will deter you from running me over as much @mrmerv and his stupid big bulley revo
    Last edited by dustyfingerz; 02-11-2013 at 10:35 AM.

RC Racer
    Added new servos

RC Qualifier
    Got my new THS Drivelines, Aluminum front p2 90-t rockers, and RPM end links installed. Also got my new air filter in so i can finally go play(dog chewed up my other one) while i wait for the rest of my upgrades and hop up parts to come in. Ill post new pics when i get it ALL done.

RC Racer
    What a coincidence.. my dog chewed up my air filter too. I'm waiting on 2 new sets to replace it plus a bunch more parts...