Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    RC Racer
    Today i looked at my revo and picked the buggy up instead.. tomorrow or sunday its time to unleash the .26 finally. been a long haul getting a gallon through it being winter etc.

RC Qualifier
    ran in field tires started getting loose.

RC Qualifier
    I put smaller tires on

RC Racer
    Installed tekno throttle kit...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
    "My Ideas always work sometimes"

RC Qualifier
    Re-pinched my trusty ol' 2.5 and replaced the cracked throttle body.

Last edited by NITR0 newbie; 04-14-2012 at 07:10 PM.
    O.S.21 Nitro Revo, Stampede 4x4, 2 Axial Honcho's

RC Racer
    Did a little mod to the roll cage to give the THS pipe a bit more room
    befor
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    after
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

RC Champion
    Well since my exhaust header is split, I spent today cleaning the revo I got a few days ago from my uncle. Looks nice now
    Hows that nitro taste on your electric?

RC Qualifier
    Broke the clutch spring in my 3.3 after about 20 min. and decided to start breaking in my re-pinched 2.5r.

Got the first 2 tanks through it and it started to rain.

Almost forgot how good the ol' 2.5r is on fuel, took 1/2 hr to get through the first tank lol.

RC Qualifier
    my slipper clutch bearing siezed so now my clutch nut keeps spinning off.

RC Competitor
    Got some goodies in the mail.
    Some hpi dirt bonz tires and proline velocity wheels.
    Tekno rc throttle/brake servo mount. Servo works way better than before because it isn't flexing like with the stock mount.
    Tekno rc swaybars
    Hpi 1/8 scale clutch and 17t spur from a savage
    Proline slipstream body which I have to prep for it when I finally get back home from the road.
    On the way I got a ofna force .32, those plastic tranny gears are going to love that lol.

The last planned upgrade for a bit will be a tekno rc receiver box with the ofna 250cc tank conversion for extended fun between fillups.
    I also picked up another revo 2.5 for my son which will get a new era bb mount as well and this engine will go on that. He's psyched and can't wait till we have both bb revos ripping together.
    Revo 3.3 with Ofna Force .32
    Revo 2.5 stock

RC Competitor
    Took it out for a rip today in my company's terminal in Pasadena Texas. There's a gravel parking lot and some grass I ran the truck in. These dirt bonz tires are great, I'm loving them. Lots of grip. Good thing there's a hobby store nearby with plenty of Traxxas parts in stock since I had to make two trips for parts. One of which was to replace more integy junk that failed with stock trx parts. The front aluminum body mount and rear skid plate broke letting the control arm pins out. That 1/8th scale hpi clutch is also a big improvement over the hot racing Traxxas clutch although that hot racing clutch was completely toast. I'm still on the fence about the sway bars but I also changed to the gray and blue springs so that might have something to do with the handling. I'll be doing some more bashing tomorrow, I just hope I don't break anything cause the hobby store is closed.
    Revo 2.5 stock

RC Qualifier
    Installed Traxxas 2075 for my throttle servo. Installed Jr High torque steering servo. Installed Traxxas wing mount and wing.
    One shot.....One kill, no exceptions

RC Enthusiast
    Hit a soccer goal post at WOT

RC Qualifier
    Whoa nice carnage! Well at least you can go through everything when you move all the parts to a new chassis. Sorry about the wreck, but sounds like you at least have a good sense of humor about it!

RC Enthusiast
    Luckly enough I didn't bend the chassis. Just broke the front lower a-arm, rear upper a-arm, front bulkhead, front driveshaft and bent my wheel a bit. It's already back up and running

RC Qualifier
    That's good, from the camera angle on the first picture it looked like it might have tweaked up, glad it went back together without too much damage!

RC Racer
    Ive had similar carnage from a run away! My next upgrades will include CNC Aluminum Bulkheads, Shock Mounts, and Trans Case with all RR gearing.
    Warned to not use symbols..........

RC Racer
    Cool. Have fun rebuilding. I've had the front tie in not look bent before in a similar carnage, but once taken apart and trying to re-assemble I couldn’t put the skid plate back and realized the front tie in was bent at the bottom. No biggie though, I like building them almost as much as bashing them.

RC Racer
    I mocked up an aluminum cage from Aluminum roll stock from Lowes ($13) and Grade 5 bolts (3mm and 4mm) from ACE Hardware ($6). Spent the afternoon cutting and bending the Roll Stock to fit (mock up) and then drilled and tapped each piece to bolt it together. I beat on it REALLY hard yesterday and help up great. If I have to work on an area of the truck that the cage blocks, I just unscrew that bar from the cage.

You thoughts, suggestions, criticsm, and Ideas are appreciated. Plan is to build a couple of designs and then create jigs and build them one after the other. I do not have a TIG welder so if Welding is needed, I can send them off to be welded up.

Check it out:

you can see all the photos at my photo Bucket:
    http://s1250.photobucket.com/albums/hh532/Gbail8624/

I would stick with the stock bulkheads but go with RPM a-arms.
    I wanted to put a really cool signature but I ran

RC Qualifier
    Gene, love the fabricated stuff! Looks like good protection for the cooling head? Or maybe raise the rear horizontal bars at closer to a 45 degree angle?

RC Racer
    Jake,

I tried that but most bodies wont fit over it if you have them straight up to the top bar. I could bend a bar to accomodate for that though. I was thinking about an X bar for the rear as well that would loop over the cooling head.

The front of it is where I not all that happy. I really like the front mount but the bar shaping going back to the main hoop looks cheesy to me. Of course, with a body on it, who cares right?

Thanks for the feedback! Keep them coming.

RC Racer
    gene I must say even though there's things you and others may want to change I can tell by the fab work your rather good at fabing up some stuff! Looks good to me for the prototype!

RC Racer
    Im liking your mods Gene, looked at photobucket pics.. Nice protection under your truck.. Also the air filter neck is nicely clear of the spur gear.. Mine is so close its unreal.. Roll cage is cracking mate

RC Competitor
    Today I installed the force .32 and painted and trimmed the proline slipstream erevo body. I think it came out ok. Not great but ok. It's going to get wasted anyways next bash session.

Last edited by NASTY5.0; 04-27-2012 at 05:36 PM.
    Revo 2.5 stock

RC Racer
    Looks sound to me.. better when its dirty.. im on the verge of a new body.. will use staples first tho

RC Competitor
    I'm the same way. I wait till the body is just about useless before I replace them. The last one was stapled and duct taped together. It was rough.
    Revo 2.5 stock

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackpoolAndy View Post
    Im liking your mods Gene, looked at photobucket pics.. Nice protection under your truck.. Also the air filter neck is nicely clear of the spur gear.. Mine is so close its unreal.. Roll cage is cracking mate
    That is nothing more than a piece of tubing 1/16" ID smaller than OD of the carb neck. I put the tubing in a pot of very hot water and then pushed it onto the carb neck. When it cools, air tight seal and it allows for more clearance of the spur. For the air filter mount up front, 1/2" wide 1/8" flat aluminum stock with a hole drilled to fit the air filter neck though and bent 90 degrees on the bottom to lay flat on the chassis. There is a 4mm hole already drilled in the chassis just in front of the shock mount. Put a 4mm screw in there and back it up on a self locking nut. Total cost = less than $3 and 15 minutes of tinker time!

Glad you like it. Roll cage is in process of redesign....should have pics upsoon of the latest prototype for your suggestions and thoughts.

RC Racer
    The under carriage protection is courtesy of eBay!! $60 for all of it. Look up CNC Machine R/C.......they have many other high grade parts on eBay. If you can't find them, PM me and I'll send you a link to their eBay auction list.

RC Champion
    What did you do to your Revo today?
    I wiped off the dust.
    Believe 1/2 of what you see,and 0 of what you hear

RC Qualifier
    Went to the LHS only to find out that the diff carrier that I've been waiting for 2 weeks now is still not in.

Good thing I have a back-up truck.

RC Qualifier
    I just installed the sway bar kit.
    Jato 3.3, Revo .28 JL Max, Nitro Stampede 3.3

RC Champion
    what diff carrier??
    you know.. i never had a sig.. but i do now...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by kgombe1 View Post
    what diff carrier??
    Just a stock replacement to fix a leaky diff, already have the ring and pinion to replace the ring gear that broke on the bearing shoulder.

RC Qualifier
    finally fixed my trans bearing.

RC Champion
    tower has them.. shouldn't take that long...

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXHGF4&P=7

RC Qualifier
    tower has them.. shouldn't take that long...

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXHGF4&P=7
    Thanx for that but I can wait, besides that girl at my lhs assured me it will be here Fri. and I still need to finish doing the break-in on my 2.5r so I have lot's to play with.

RC Champion
    you should look into the Emaxx diffs.. they are stronger and will last a life time.. they are not in stock... but you should give it a try..

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXTKK9&P=ML

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXTKN0&P=M

also look into this.. put some on the blue O-rings in your diffs and also on the out drive shaft before putting them in.. and it will seal perfectly.. use it on the black seal that goes between the ring gear also...

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXTTZ4&P=7

RC Qualifier
    you should look into the Emaxx diffs.. they are stronger and will last a life time.. they are not in stock... but you should give it a try..

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXTKK9&P=ML

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXTKN0&P=M

also look into this.. put some on the blue O-rings in your diffs and also on the out drive shaft before putting them in.. and it will seal perfectly.. use it on the black seal that goes between the ring gear also...

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXTTZ4&P=7
    Funny you mention that because I was kinda saving that for a winter project when I tear them both down and start all over again lol.

RC Champion
    LOL.. we did that a few years ago because we always blew up diffs.. best thing we ever did