Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by prsabordo View Post
    dyed wheels then clear coated them, replaced clutch shoes and spring. Then went bashing at a local track someone made.

now thats what im talking about dirty revo,s!!!!!! Wooooohoooooo!
    Master of Traxxas engine longevity....

RC Champion
    Well, almost ashamed to say, took off almost new engine just to break in another new one, noticed fins bent on head, just chalked it up to crash, and hitting something, noticed fins on new engine bent after saturday this week bash. Found out my Proline body wasnt cut out enough, and on rollovers it was bending fins...lol...so I just took my ziz wheel, and my trusty carbide burr, and cut out some more body, so i can keep straight fins! I know that isnt much, but I just wanted to add to this thread so bad I couldnt stand it!

RC Racer
    PIC OF THE RPM SENSOR MOUNTED

TO MUCH TO LIST ON HERE

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by KTMRuss View Post
    I use 40t spur and a 15t clutch bell, and I get great low end power while still reaching about 45mph. All I do is bash, and this is the ratio I have use for the last 5 years. I think it's the perfect bashing combo.
    Dude, I love the 15/40 setup!

RC Qualifier
    Thx for the pics but either I need some glasses or they are out of focus. I will post what pics I have for my mine later tonight or tomorrow. It is In a great location but horrible for the telemetry RPM readings. They are way off because of gear ratio conversion. If i could figure out the math for MPH rollout conversion it would be perfect. Also, I have had to move the temp sensor 3 times. I think I finally have it in a good location. It is about 3 or 4 fins up from the top of the head screws. It is now reading within 4-5 degrees I think. Not sure I am totally liking this combo because I loose telemetry range in less than 200 feet or so. Also have lost range on the tx/rx because of the really short antenna lead.

But I did run 5 tanks through her today with the new sway bars I installed a few days ago. WOW what a great difference. My under steer has been reduced by 70-80% easily. Seems to be running really well after the rebuild and break-in. Getting stronger and stronger each run. Running 30% O'Donnell Speed Blend. Smells funky and super oily, but has lots of power through the entire throttle band and and seems to run super cool. Stays around 230-240 at the most.

Nitro-J-Rod
    --
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    --
    Nitro-J-Rod

RC Racer
    the sensor is actually focus onto the flywheel but like you say the accuracy is not the best
    TO MUCH TO LIST ON HERE

RC Qualifier
    Put the 2.5r back in her and took her to the gravel pit.
    Nice day,about 50f, Ran a couple tanks through her.
    Sometimes that motor is like beating a dead horse though.
    Runs great for the first tank and then gets little weird on the second tank.
    No low end punch, high temp's an fuel on my rear shocks.
    Thrashed on my Stampede with a 3s till I snapped the yolk on the front stub axle.
    Buy this time the revo cooled down enough for the same tank and a half routine again.
    When I got home I threw the 3.3 back in her since that motor runs great and had a closer look at my 2.5r.
    Turns out when I rebuilt that motor I should have used a new shim instead of the old one and there's a good chance that I didn't torgue the cooling head bolts right.
    I have to admitte that it has been a very sharp learning curve with nitro's and rc's in general.
    O.S.21 Nitro Revo, Stampede 4x4, 2 Axial Honcho's

RC Racer
    I bought a bag what I'm gonna use to carry my revo. Now I'm going to check that it really fits in there Might post some pics, but first I need a complete revo, not just millions of parts on some desk
    |Traxxas|Revo|3.3|#5309|FIN|

Quote Originally Posted by NITR0 newbie View Post
    No low end punch, high temp's an fuel on my rear shocks.
    I have to admitte that it has been a very sharp learning curve with nitro's and rc's in general.
    Check the exhaust header as it comes out of the engine. They can split right at the weld or have a split along the outside bend and it will leave residue on the rear shocks.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    Check the exhaust header as it comes out of the engine. They can split right at the weld or have a split along the outside bend and it will leave residue on the rear shocks.
    New header and it was the first thing I checked, what lead me to the shim was the fuel all over the inboard side of the motor from the cooling head down.

So you think I should re-install the head shim and be a little more careful torquing it or just get a new shim G?

I've never had issues with reusing a shim. Torque it like an auto wheel: in a star pattern. But they are only a few bucks so a new one would be a good idea if you still have problems.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    I've never had issues with reusing a shim. Torque it like an auto wheel: in a star pattern. But they are only a few bucks so a new one would be a good idea if you still have problems.
    Thanks G.

I'm guessing since I re-built this motor when I bought my first rc (4 months ago) that I may have torqued the head wrong is all.
    Hope I didn't fry the motor lol.
    Seems like it still has good compression so what the heck eh?

RC Competitor
    Ordered a new Carb, P2 rockers, and a pull start off eBay!

RC Racer
    Pulled the motor down after a very hot run Sunday. Will be picking up new piston and sleeve tomorrow and start the breaking and tunning process again. Expensive lesson learned to check the bottom side of exhaust boot for cracks and inspect the fuel tank more closely. Those two small items cost me a motor by not providing enough fuel back pressure at high speeds.

Has anyone ever had this happen? Any upgrade parts suggestions to prevent again or just better after run procedure?
    Warned to not use symbols..........

RC Competitor
    Hello everyone I am going to purchase a Traxxas Nitro truck but I need some help to choose, I am debating on the T-Maxx 3.3 or the Revo 3.3 and witch truck is a bigger truck and faster and handles good on turns ???

Thanks Steve

RC Competitor
    My buddy has a revo 3.3 its a beast but if u ask me i would get a LOSI LST XXL. The best 4x4 on the market i think.

RC Racer
    After last weekends nuclear melt down run, took the Revo down to bare frame. Rebuilt engine, new front bulkhead, changed all the diff oils (300 front, 500 center, 100 rear), Motor Saver air filter, new clutch, went through trans, rebuilt shocks, new ez-start wiring and one way (again), re-set all suspension settings, and getting ready to head north for the weekend with it.

RC Competitor
    Today she got a new Carb, P2 rockers, and a pull start. Tightened up my pillow balls and threw my camber and toe settings WAAAY out of whack lol.

Those are pretty thick fluids for the diffs. I run 50k/30k.
    Since the sleeve was repinched, I figured I'd put the roto-start back on to ease with starting for break-in. Also ran some chapstick on the pull-start string to lube it up. We'll see if that prolongs its life or not.
    Brought my Revo upstairs without the body and now my 2 year old is pushing it around with a pile of his Matchbox cars on it--trying to fit as much as he can but most keep falling off.
    The Super Derecho

RC Racer
    50 center 30 front 10 rear.

RC Qualifier
    Took all three of them out to the gravel pit and thrashed the heck out of them.
    Finally got the 2.5r running like it should, reused the same shim on the head thanx to G's advice.
    Can't wait to convert the 2 new ones to the 2.4 set up, seems to make the rx bat last longer.

GO REVO's ! ! ! !

RC Racer
    lowered my revo down a bit and put some new tire's on to go with the new THS BB rear pipe
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

RC Enthusiast
    Picked it up, looked outside at the rain and darkness. Then sat down, rolled it on the table to check if it had a center diff.
    Signing off from
    Left of Area 51.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ View Post
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Looks like your fuel tank is hooked up wrong?

He's right!
    Good eye.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    Took her out the gravel pit and thrashed her good for about 1 1/2 hrs till I broke another header.
    Got me thinking it's time to switch to a spring held header.
    Good thing she's got backup.

RC Qualifier
    He's right!
    Good eye.
    I think it is an optical illusion, one of the earlier pics shows it properly positioned.
    --
    Nitro-J-Rod

Quote Originally Posted by jarod_rodriguez View Post
    I think it is an optical illusion, one of the earlier pics shows it properly positioned.

Follow the hose from the pipe and it goes to the outlet of the tank and the tank pressure port is hooked up to the carb.
    That engine is not going to run.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    Crude. Wasn't looking at that. LOL.

--
    Nitro-J-Rod
    --
    Nitro-J-Rod

RC Racer
    Good eye I did hook it up wrong after taking engine out for interal inspection and installing the new pipe

RC Racer
    After much study and advice from a forum icon (you know who you are)......PICCO Maxx .26, ERCM pipe, Buku clutch, techno RC box, throttle servo mount, throttle linkage, and fuel tank mod. Can't wait for Friday when everything arrives.....Christmas in March!!!! Will be up late Friday installing all the goodies!!! FYI: the 3.3 I modded the mount tonight and fit it into an old HPI Super Nitro RS4.......outta be an interesting test drive tomorrow!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Revo gene View Post
    After much study and advice from a forum icon (you know who you are)......PICCO Maxx .26, ERCM pipe, Buku clutch, techno RC box, throttle servo mount, throttle linkage, and fuel tank mod. Can't wait for Friday when everything arrives.....Christmas in March!!!! Will be up late Friday installing all the goodies!!! FYI: the 3.3 I modded the mount tonight and fit it into an old HPI Super Nitro RS4.......outta be an interesting test drive tomorrow!
    Sounds like a great set up ,be lookin forward to seeing some pic's

RC Qualifier
    I think I smoked reverse. Tons of smoke came off the truck today and it no longer moves when engaged. Err....

--
    Nitro-J-Rod
    --
    Nitro-J-Rod

RC Qualifier
    Sold one of my 2.5r revo's today for twice what I paid for it.
    Think I'll dump the funds into the newer 3.3 that I bought, maybe try the street speed set up just for giggles.

RC Enthusiast
    Just rebuilt my engine with a new piston and sleeve... Also, just installed a 3 piece clutch kit. Now i gotta get a good day to break it in...

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    up date on my fuel line's
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

RC Competitor
    Haven't been able to run the truck lately. Took it to the lhs for a quick tune session to see what I did wrong and apparently my engine bearings were going bad. Gritty and just not smooth. Didn't seem bad enough to cause issues but we took the motor apart and I put it back together. Didn't get much time to test it because it was late. Making a whirly noise so I am unsure why.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    I took some time to break-in the 3.3 today and all is good. Tomorrow I will start laying into it for some good old bashing...
    Summit, Slash 4x4 Platinum, Revo 3.3, T-MaxxPro-15

RC Qualifier
    Ran many tanks through and covered the Revo in dirt! Good times!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake C6R View Post
    Ran many tanks through and covered the Revo in dirt! Good times!
    you must clean her up and regrease all bearing's LOL ,My revo is street bashing only I leave the dirt for the XL and MGT 8.0