Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    RC Competitor
    First try firing up the Revo since I put on the new exhaust header with the spring holder. Also put on a new cooling head and it didn't want to start. Saw a little nitro coming out the base of the cooling head so I re-tightened everything and it fired up. Was just driving around when it stopped and the piston wouldn't spin with the easy start. Brought it in and saw the easy start pulled out of the motor. Weird to say the least but reapplied thread loc and finished off my tank. Overall a good day because I fixed every issue and was able to keep going.

RC Enthusiast
    Today I attempted to take my revo out for a run, It has been sittin for 6 months or so. First off, it took me 10 minutes to get it to start. Later I found a crack in the exhaust header which was the reason it took so long to prime. Then, after i got it running, it ran for about 5 minutes before it stopped going... Pulled the body off, and noticed the spur gear was stripped. While replacing the spur gear, i noticed the clutch bell was loose, it appears as though i lost an eclip and the bearings were destroyed because of it... Guess that explains the stripped spur gear... Now i have to have a new exhaust header and a new clutch bell and bearings... So, a quick question if i may... The spur gear i have is a 40t the one that was stripped was a 38t. Whats the best spur/clutch bell tooth combo for just bashing... If anyone would be so kind to PM me with the info so i dont hijack the thread... Thank you very much... Its been an eventful non-bashing day... Lol

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk

Depends on what you want out of the truck. What clutch bell are you running? 38t spur is a good in between and going to a 40t won't give you a dramatic difference.
    The Super Derecho

RC Enthusiast
    I dont have a new clutch bell yet, the one that was on it appears to have been a 15t, unless i miss counted...

RC Enthusiast
    I think im looking for more get-up-n-go vs top speed.

RC Enthusiast
    I use 40t spur and a 15t clutch bell, and I get great low end power while still reaching about 45mph. All I do is bash, and this is the ratio I have use for the last 5 years. I think it's the perfect bashing combo.
    All game. No pain.

RC Enthusiast
    thanks... looks like i'll be ordering a 15t clutch bell then... lol

RC Enthusiast
    finished the last of gallon number 4 with this motor!
    All game. No pain.

RC Qualifier
    Ran over my buddy's Rustler today

O.S.21 Nitro Revo, Stampede 4x4, 2 Axial Honcho's

RC Racer
    Installed the ACNC billet skid plates and bumper mounts for the front and rear.

And then upgraded my daugthers Stampede with new suspension components and a Hummer H2 body she wanted.

RC Racer
    Drilled out my resonator pipe for more power.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=41.336159,-73.068298

RC poster
    I strapped a go-pro on the wing.

RC Enthusiast
    Last night i tore down the back half of my revo to give it a good cleaning... Took it down to the bare chassis and wiped everthing off, even the screws... Didnt realize it was so dirty and greasy... Now i gotta do the front half soon so it matches the back...

RC Qualifier
    Installed a Spektrum DX3S receiver + all the telemetry bits. Although, I think I need to move the mount of the RPM sensor now. :-(

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by jadewolf05 View Post
    Last night i tore down the back half of my revo to give it a good cleaning... Took it down to the bare chassis and wiped everthing off, even the screws... Didnt realize it was so dirty and greasy... Now i gotta do the front half soon so it matches the back...

Simple green, hot water hose and cover or remove your electronics that works for me looks new again.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=41.336003,-73.068245

RC Qualifier
    Ran a couple tanks through the 2.5 today.
    2.4 tx/rx is working great with good range.
    Seems to like the 14/40 gears with the close ratio.
    Good top end and smoke but still the snap on the bottom end?

Still only looking at the truck sit in the garage. Wish I could run a few tanks. Still pretty cold here and don't have a lot of time between my normal job and overtime, the FD and teaching.
    Hopefully all this patience will be for the best! Still wondering how the engine will run after Ray A repinched the sleeve.
    The Super Derecho

RC Enthusiast
    Well... Got the rest of the parts i needed today to rebuild the slipper clutch and clutch bell.... Took it out for a run today, and it wouldnt move, but the wheels spun when i picked it up... Turns out i had a brain lapse when reassembling the back end of the revo after cleaning it... I put the rear diff in upside down which made the rear wheels turn the opposite direction of the front wheels... Lol... Well its all good now... And runs great once again....

RC Qualifier
    Nice warm day today (50F or 9c) finally got the 3.3 running SWEET.
    Now I know why the new revo's come with a 14/40 clutch/spur.

Nice wheelies

Oh, that's why I bought that wheelie bar.

RC Racer
    Front bulkhead assembly done:
    Stock bulkheads
    Traxxas rockers dyed black
    Lunsford Ti rocker post
    Lunsford Ti pivot balls
    Differential rebuild with I bar brace and 50k lube
    RPM A-arms
    RD racing knuckles
    MIP axles
    Traxxas aluminum pushrods and turnbuckles
    STRC single servo saver arm
    STRC one piece skid plate

RC Champion
    Rebuilt the tranny with a set of standard ratio RR gears, new RR Gen 3 slipper, and went out and snapped a primary shaft. That new slipper is the blaa blaaa, don't need no stars. To bad I didn't loosed it up some lol, TI primary shafts custom made on the way.
    15 IS Enough, Time to thin down the fleet some.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Morancy View Post
    Rebuilt the tranny with a set of standard ratio RR gears, new RR Gen 3 slipper, and went out and snapped a primary shaft. That new slipper is the blaa blaaa, don't need no stars. To bad I didn't loosed it up some lol, TI primary shafts custom made on the way.
    I'd like to see those shafts when you get them. With the RR gen 3 slipper are you limited to their 38t spur gear?

RC Racer
    YEs you are limited to the 38 tooth. I emailed them and asked
    Slayer Pro turned Revo

RC Qualifier
    Another beautiful day here, around 50f again. Took her to the gravel pit with a couple friends (VXL Rustler and an origional T-Maxx) Thrashed almost a liter through her untill one roll too many broke my header. Good thing I have one on order and it will be in Fri.

Lovin the 3.3. 14/40 and short wheelbase.

RC Racer
    Now I need to figure out how to connect the steering servo since the servo slot is moved forward a little

RC Qualifier
    Wow that thing is clean! Looking good!

RC Qualifier
    I installed sway bars and a the rear wing. Looks better already. Just waiting for my prographix body to ship, which has been on back order everywhere for 1.5 months...
    --
    Nitro-J-Rod

RC Qualifier
    jarod_rodriguez Hope you like the wing, I found it made mine alot more stable in flight.

I cleaned her up after yesterday's thrashing and found a cracked front bumper mount, so true to revo style she gets a #80802 RPM Front Bumper mount, Should be in next weekend.

RC Competitor
    I bought a Losi 810 buggy for my boys, so I broke that in and took the Revo out as well. It is hard to keep up with two nitro vehicles when I am the only one that can get them going. My boys will learn soon how to do it. Anyway, Revo was running ok, and then stopped because the motor is so picky at times. Nothing from the EZ-start, it took a crap on me. So, went to my LHS just for giggles and my buddy said the same thing. He gave me a pullstart since the motor is fully broken in. I will eventually by a bump starter and put the backplate on both vehicles. Now, I just have to take it out tomorrow and see if my pullstart will work

RC Qualifier
    Today I started up my revo for the first time in a year and a half, I slowly backed my way into brushless cars, went 1/16 scale, then 1/18. After boxing up my pulled apart revo I found an e-maxx on craigslist for $150 (brushless) and I have since rebuilt it, and remembered why 1/10 monster trucks are so awesome. Today after finishing up work on the e-maxx and cleaning up my work bench I pulled out the old truck and pointed down the parts needed to an on/off switch, so I plugged in the battery directly to the RX and it fired up. I think I am going to give this nitro motor a run for it's money instead of converting to brushless like I had planned. Feeling optimistic about things
    I like turtles.

RC Enthusiast
    Dyed wheels then clear coated them, replaced clutch shoes and spring. then went bashing at a local track someone made.

RC Qualifier
    Have fun cleaning that up...
    --
    Nitro-J-Rod

RC Enthusiast
    Put a cage on her
    All game. No pain.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by KTMRuss View Post
    Put a cage on her
    Let's see it!

RC Racer
    Where can I get that carbon fiber chassis
    TO MUCH TO LIST ON HERE

RC Qualifier
    Took her out in the alley behind my house and thrashed a couple tanks through her.
    Can't wait till my buddy gets his Savage running again just to have another truck to play with.
    3.3, 14/40 and a 5310 short chassis wheelies like crazy lol.

RC Racer
    So after fighting the ez start AGAIN.....finally some warm weather and run time. Unfortunatley, cut short after two high speed runs, heard something very different. Checked the heat gun temp 315!!!!!! Not sure of the issue as the prior 30 min of run time temp never exceeded 195. Can a pipe not building alot of back pressure affect fuel supply? I know the tank uses exhaust pressure to help fed fuel to the carb but, I am afraid this pipe I was trying cooked the 3.3. I had good smoke the whole time and my carb settings have been rock solid for months now.

After cooling off and restarting.........I'm looking for new motor now!
    Warned to not use symbols..........

RC Racer
    just dropped in a os 21tm into my revo and also installed the telemetry for my spectrum dx3s

just waiting for my bday wife is going to get me a carbon fiber chassis and so more bling for it
    TO MUCH TO LIST ON HERE

RC Qualifier
    Where did you mount the rpm sensor? Still looking for good mounting positions and pics.

--
    Nitro-J-Rod
    --
    Nitro-J-Rod

RC Racer
    i had to modify one of the mounts they supply and by modify i mean cut it in half and only screw it down with one screw also you have to get extended screws like the one the exhuast manifold uses if not it wont grab and you will strip one of your motor mounts i will take pics when i get home for lunch and post them
    TO MUCH TO LIST ON HERE