Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    I stared at my revoand wondered when my oil was going to come in to replace my temp oil I made with random things. Works fine but doesn't give the same effect as the good old 500k oil plus seems to have broken down as I am loosing front wheel drive. Ah well should be here in 2-3 more days maybe....

RC Qualifier
    Looked at it sitting in a bucket in pieces and wondered what it will run like when I get all my parts this weekend.

-New Stock 2.5 Body
    -Wing and Mount
    -Front and Rear Bulkheads
    -50,000w Diff Oil
    -Engine Brace (more for the 3.3)
    -Fuel Tank O-Rings
    -Shock Mounts(to replace the crummy Integy piggy back set up)
    -RPM Front and Rear Bumpers(thought about the dirty danglers but decided my wife would not approve)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5AQ6HE3364
    O.S.21 Nitro Revo, Stampede 4x4, 2 Axial Honcho's

RC Competitor
    My house! Right down the hill from my chicken coop.
    Added pen spring to my brakes! Seems way better already

RC Racer
    Was going over my revo 26 to make sure everything was tight and found that some of the head scerws was a hair lose , took head off found some oil that leaked out ,that means air got in , good thing motor is new and was runin very rich for break in ,I keep close eye on my temps so I no motor is ok , I never lock tight head scerws in the past but never had them come lose , for now on I'll be putin a bit of lock tight on them , I no that can cook your engine , moral of the story is don't over look your head scerws LOL

RC Competitor
    I finally got to work on the truck. I was able to finally figure out how to get the bulkhead off, I thought the rear screw for the shock was out far enough and it wasn't so when I got fed up and bent the broken half of the bulkhead off it bent the screw. Got the new screw and the front end is put back together. RPM arms and axle carriers. Now I get to put the RPM tru-track on, hopefully on Friday to get that done. Changing the arms and that bulkhead was a pain. Hardest thing I have had to do on the truck.

RC Qualifier
    Washed all the parts and threw them back in the bucket till I get my parts this weekend.

RC poster
    I put Acer ceramic bearings in my truetrack,new axles and a new Futaba reciever.All I need to finish rebuild is single steering servo and OS .21TM and ERCM pipe can't wait to get her up and running again.

RC Competitor
    Got the Revo put back together. All RPM on the corners. It is weird but it seems like it has more play with the RPM arms. It is probably my imagination but we will see how it jumps this weekend.

RC Qualifier
    Connecting Rod came apart on the second motor. I put in a new 3.3 that was sitting on the shop shelf and have sent in the other for Traxxas to look at. Very disappointing. Looks like I have yet another brake-in to look forward to

RC Qualifier
    Broke it back in after a complete rebuild. It was text book perfect. Good response, nice and rich, great temps never above 215 with good growl and speed. Will tune for performance tomorrow but it was a great day considering I just destroyed by DS8. Don't ask.
    --
    Nitro-J-Rod

RC Competitor
    Just smacked my 3.3 front end into a small tree. Looks like we need some parts! hit just right! I couldn't do it again if I tried.
    The list:
    RPM left front A-arms
    Push rods
    Both the rpm front bumper and the mount
    Front body mount ( who makes the sturdiest?)
    Noticed my tires came unglued too. Fun times to come in the shop! And the weather is nice this weekend too... Guess I'll just order the parts and Wait. Oh yeah my fwd/ rev servo quit! Hmmm

RC Qualifier
    Got my new Geode wheels in. Stripped the chrome, and glued my old talons on.
    One shot.....One kill, no exceptions

RC Competitor
    took apart the front end and the rear end.

rebuilt my diffs with erevo internals, put in rpm arms up front with carrier, put rpm tru track in back, put in lundsford hinge pins, push rods, turnbuckles, put in strc rockers and shock mounts, put in gtr shocks, and tekno sway bar kit, put in new 3.3 motor break in will start tomorrow, once i finish the break in i'll put on a ths pipe.
    My revo's accident prone...

RC Racer
    http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7143/6...b8b35a37_z.jpg
    Got the BB Revo mostly back together. Just need two sets of RPM wheel bearings and all the rubber booties for the pillow balls. Hopefully the LHS has them.
    Last edited by 65BAJA; 01-29-2012 at 10:30 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Rebuilt my revo.

-50,000w Diff oil and fresh grease
    -New front and rear bulkheads
    -New wing
    -New fuel tank o-ring
    -New chassis brace
    -New Pro-Graphics Body

Next week will be th FOC and a 2.4 receiver.

RC Qualifier
    Made a stand for my Revo...

One shot.....One kill, no exceptions

RC Qualifier
    Took her out and test ran a couple tanks through her. Found the the 50,000 dif oil in the rear makes it push alot at higher speeds.

And I also found that although the wing looks great and works well at speeds it's not very tough.

1 roll and the wing cracked funny thing is it was 45F out so I wouldn't think it was cold and brittle. Good thing they are cheap.

RC Racer
    Got it together.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7160/6...d40c4159_z.jpg

Spent so long pulling on the pull starter I got two blisters. lol That's what I get for not running it in 2 years I guess.

I'll have to figure out a better way to couple the header. The tire grabs it and separates it at the blue coupler.

RC poster
    I tried to take the Revo out in the snow, but the Trans is all messed and so I missed a perfect snow day

RC Qualifier
    Took her out and thrashed her for a couple tanks at the gravel pit. Beautiful day (50f and sunny) and the 3.3 was screaming real nice. Found that I'm very much liking the wing on her now. Seems to fly straighter and not flip over backwards doing a wheelie.

RC Competitor
    I am having just one wonderful time with my exhaust header. Took everything apart figuring I had to use the plate that goes over the header to secure it using the spring, and well it doesn't seem to be needed for the 3.3 motor. Now I have a stripped screw for the easy start and I have to cut that and go get a new screw. Wonderful day for what should have been an easy project.

RC Qualifier
    Burned off a couple tanks in the parking lot with some friends.

RC poster
    Haven`t actually touched my Revo today but i DID get the RPM - True Track Rear A-arm Conversion kit (Blue), will hopefully get that installed tomorrow. :-)
    GOTTA get me some parts and build myself one of bloody wheels' stands, Niiice.
    -D-
    Last edited by Dimzin; 02-04-2012 at 01:29 AM.

RC Competitor
    Rebuilt the front end I bashed out last week! Seems I bent the aluminum bulk and crushed the plastic front bulk too. Bought rear brake kit, not reading first I needed the center diff kit. After run three to the Lhs I had the foc, and not the center diff kit..waiting for the kit. Now I'm deciding what to do about a fail safe?

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenskeeper View Post
    Rebuilt the front end I bashed out last week! Seems I bent the aluminum bulk and crushed the plastic front bulk too. Bought rear brake kit, not reading first I needed the center diff kit. After run three to the Lhs I had the foc, and not the center diff kit..waiting for the kit. Now I'm deciding what to do about a fail safe?
    If you have 2.4 radio you don't need a fail safe as it is built in. I guess if you want extra precaution...

RC Competitor
    Pretty sure the fail safe is in the opti drive that is removed for the foc??????

RC Qualifier
    Pretty sure the fail safe is in the opti drive that is removed for the foc??????
    Just installed a FOC and a close ratio today.
    I left the optidrive in place (because of other missing parts I still need for my project) to act as a fail safe till my 2218x link receiver comes next week with my slayer rx box and throttle servo mount as well as three 2075 servos.

NOTE; (opitdrive sensor stuffed in rx box), optidrive just wont let you shift to reverse and that doesn't matter since the shifting servo and all the reverse gears have been removed from the transmission.

Ran a tank through her in the alley and all is well now if I just had that 14 clutch bell right about now. . . .

RC Competitor
    Wow...1/2 tank on the foc! It's faster already.... Still no fail safe so couldn't / didn't let her go far! Might run out before the bowl and grab one tomorrow.

RC Competitor
    I replaced the front bulkhead i somehow managed to destroy, replaced the front suspension pins, and steering stop. Installed a RPM true track and rpm arms in the front, along with their axle carriers. Installed progressive 3 rockers. And I also installed the close ratio gear set in the trans. Then took out for a couple tanks def like the new trans gearing and handling is awesome

RC Enthusiast
    Built a stand that's slightly crooked
    All game. No pain.

RC Competitor
    Wow...1/2 tank on the foc! It's faster already.... Still no fail safe so couldn't / didn't let her go far! Might run out before the bowl and grab one tomorrow.
    I guess what I have read from others makes no matter since you think you need a fail safe.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by flashman2002 View Post
    I guess what I have read from others makes no matter since you think you need a fail safe.
    I'm asking...Please share if you have read something different.

RC Competitor
    I'm asking...Please share if you have read something different.
    I did share. From what I have read if you have the 2.4 ghz transmitter you will be fine since you no longer have reverse. I have had my foc for several weeks and twice my rx battery died while driving and the truck just stopped and the motor was running. I am not saying don't get one if you want the protection, just that it isn't necessary. Hopefully someone with more knowledge can chime in... but I'm pretty sure you're OK if you have that transmitter. If I'm wrong , sorry. I am not trying to say any misinformation.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    The optidrive is an ESM (electronic shift module) and was designed to be used with the stock forward/ reverse gear set up in the transmission. It stops the tranny from entering reverse when the throttle is activated or the transmission is moving(need validation). It is useless if the sensor and associated gears are removed. It has an onboard low battery indicator, butotherwise is useless If you have done FOC or installed the center diff. As long as you have both sets of batteries charged, you will have no problem with losing control unless someone else is on your channel. I suggest a 2.4ghz radio. The rotating frequency ensures that no one can interrupt the signal to your truck; most of these radios have built in fail safes that will activate the brake if power loss is eminent.

Keep your batteries in good shape and this won't be a problem!

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by KTMRuss; 02-05-2012 at 12:08 AM.
    All game. No pain.

RC Qualifier
    @KTMRuss

FYI the optidrive IS the fails safe and STILL performs that function even with the gears gone and the sensor stuffed in the rx box.

I have a Link controller from my Stampede and a 2218x receiver on order so soon I'll be done with that pesky optidrive.

I have already installed the FOC and close ratio gears

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by NITR0 newbie View Post
    @KTMRuss

FYI the optidrive IS the fails safe and STILL performs that function even with the gears gone and the sensor stuffed in the rx box.

I have a Link controller from my Stampede and a 2218x receiver on order so soon I'll be done with that pesky optidrive.

I have already installed the FOC and close ratio gears
    No. You don't need the optidrive if you no longer have reverse. Its sole purpose is for reverse so keeping it doesn't really do anything beside making you think it is doing something.

Sent from my BNTV250 using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    @flashman2002

Correct me if I'm wrong but you are saying that a stock 27mhz rx/tx with the optidrive and revers has NO failsafe what so ever? ? ?

OptiDrive® Electronic Shift Module
    • Microprocessor senses vehicle speed and optimizes forward and reverse shifting.
    • Allows constant drive engagement for smooth, responsive acceleration.
    • New failsafe function applies the brakes if the radio signal fails.
    • Allows a lighter transmission with fewer moving parts for reduced inertial mass and greater torque handling.

OptiDrive™ Electronic Shift Module

Copied from

http://www.rocousa.com/Traxxas/revo.htm
    Last edited by NITR0 newbie; 02-05-2012 at 08:48 AM.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by NITR0 newbie View Post
    @flashman2002

Correct me if I'm wrong but you are saying that a stock 27mhz rx/tx with the optidrive and revers has NO failsafe what so ever? ? ?

OptiDrive® Electronic Shift Module
    • Microprocessor senses vehicle speed and optimizes forward and reverse shifting.
    • Allows constant drive engagement for smooth, responsive acceleration.
    • New failsafe function applies the brakes if the radio signal fails.
    • Allows a lighter transmission with fewer moving parts for reduced inertial mass and greater torque handling.

OptiDrive™ Electronic Shift Module

Copied from

http://www.rocousa.com/Traxxas/revo.htm
    No, I have said all along if you have the 2.4 ghz than you should be safe. I never saw you mention that you were using an old radio, and if you did mention it I did not see it.

RC Qualifier
    @flashman2002

Read my post #182.

I have a 2.4 receiver coming but in the mean time I just use the optidrive for it's failsafe and if I'm wrong then I'll yank that little bugger out of there right now.

I've left the throttle servo hooked up to the OD. and the sensor is stuffed in the rx box.

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...as-Link-System
    Last edited by NITR0 newbie; 02-05-2012 at 09:51 AM. Reason: spelling

RC poster
    Went for a bash in the snow

http://imageshack.us/f/829/img03613.jpg