Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by trailsnail View Post
    Nope, broke the metal on the wheel side where the threads meet the shaft, second time this has happened to me. Yes, stock.
    Well I guess if you were not breaking that then it would be something else lol
    O.S.21 Nitro Revo, Stampede 4x4, 2 Axial Honcho's

RC Competitor
    you gonna upgrade to the bigger traxxas aluminum ones snail. i did on mine and they have really took a beating. im sure the bad dog would love to be thrown a bone every once in a while. Lol
    sorry bout the garage doors

RC Competitor
    My house! Right down the hill from my chicken coop.
    Waiting for new RPM front A arms and RPM Axle Carriers & Oversized Bearings, along with the tru trac kit for the rear! ~My wife might kill me soon.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by bushhog750 View Post
    you gonna upgrade to the bigger traxxas aluminum ones snail. i did on mine and they have really took a beating. im sure the bad dog would love to be thrown a bone every once in a while. Lol
    Maybe when I run out of spares...

RC Qualifier
    Sprayed gravel at it with my Stampede because I'm disappointed that my motor mount broke in my REVO.

On the bright side my $350 Stampede project has worked out well so far, till I start breaking stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QL7Wn6MJcpo

RC Racer
    I stripped out the screw that holds the sway bar and rocker arm on. Gotta hit the LHS tomorrow and pick up a few parts. Just hope the wife doesn't ask how much it's gonna cost.
    Revo 3.3, 2WD Slash, Rustler VXL, and MERV VXL.

RC Racer

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by jk6672 View Post
    You cleaned it??
    Revo 3.3, 2WD Slash, Rustler VXL, and MERV VXL.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by KillerRevo View Post
    You cleaned it??
    Yeah, I know I didn’t leave any comment. I guess a picture isn't worth a thousand words, lol. No I put the P2's back on and the pushrod spacers. Then I started assembling my REVO I’m building. I was going to put the bulkheads and differentials in but I don’t feel like taking them out again when the rebuilds arrive just to install the differential braces. I can't believe how much money I've spent on parts, few hundred here and there really add up quick.
    Last edited by jk6672; 01-03-2012 at 10:02 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Started cleaning my REVO so that I'm ready to reassemble when my new motor mount comes in.

Gonna beat the tar out of my Stampede today just to take out my frustrations lol.

RC Competitor
    Made a sweet work stand using 3/4 PVC. Was gonna paint it, but noticed my chassis wanted to slide around a bit. I used a mnt bike inner tube like a sock on the PVC. Very grippy! Now all I need are my PARTS!!! Maybe I'll get to bash tomorrow!

RC Qualifier
    Completely disassembled the motor and carburetor. Made a big mess. :-)
    --
    Nitro-J-Rod

RC poster
    i broke it. turned truck on before controller was on and everything we crazy. anyone with any tips please contact me all the servos turn on as soon as i turn on the truck

Turn on the radio, then the receiver, make sure everything works then start the engine.
    The Super Derecho

RC Champion
    Ordered 3 McCoy MC9's, and new glow igniter and order a new skin for my 4pk

HTC Evo 4G on Tapatalk Pro
    Go Patriots!

RC Qualifier
    I let it sit on the skate park bench with a broken motor mount to watch as I broke my Stampede 4x4 in 15 min(tumbled into to a wall and broke one of the rear carriers). I think My REVO felt better after watching that lol. Maybe now it understands that it's not the only one I beat the tar out of.

You ain't playing hard enough if you ain't breaking stuff.

RC Competitor
    I am new but yesterday I installed the front and rear swaybar kit. Previously I was fixing a broken rear axle carrier and two slipper pads mysteriously disappearing. Loving the truck nonetheless.

RC Competitor
    Finally felt the 3.3 come alive after about a gallon.

Turbo head + THS exhaust + P4 plug + 30% nitro + 70 degree temps = faaaaast! Full sway bars and center diff w/ 500k and it pulls a front wheel off the ground easy (on dirt). Sounds pretty when screaming like a banshee too. Small blocks for life!!!

And I'm out..........

RC Racer
    Removed my clean clothes of the lid.. Yes it lives in my bedroom cos im sad like that. I have 3 days off now so will be back soon.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackpoolAndy View Post
    Removed my clean clothes of the lid.. Yes it lives in my bedroom cos im sad like that. I have 3 days off now so will be back soon.
    LOL too funny Andy.

RC Qualifier
    Dyed some P2 rockers black and put them on (still wainting on little red spacers). Silver springs in back, green in front. Installed 17mm hubs and black chrome 17mm gemini wheels with talon tires off the erevo. Ordered some traxxas Red pushrod tubes.
    One shot.....One kill, no exceptions

RC Champion
    Broke my summit shafts for the last time.

Replaced another shock cap, found a loose VDP in the rear shock, and refilled with 80wt.

Received another set of traxxas hexes.

Waiting on my front LOSI shafts to arrive. Tomorrow will finalize my full metal drivetrain... Cept for the spur.
    Last edited by anr2442; 01-05-2012 at 06:59 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Got my new throttle body for my 2.5 and re-built the carb, still waiting for my motor mount.

Installed new boots on my stock drive shafts.

Thinking of re-building my Integy piggyback shocks.

RC Competitor
    I was able to get 2 good hours in once we figured out why my easy start didn't want to work. Wheelies galore and I was so happy. 1 monster cart wheel which was unintentional, had to go at least 6-7 cart wheels. Very tough truck is all I can say.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    I strip my revo 3.3....

so that I can finish my latest project...

anyone wanna make me an offer for whats left over? shoot me a PM.
    Last edited by humayrayakongkinaon; 01-05-2012 at 09:59 PM.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

RC Racer
    Well i went over our BMX track and hit the jumps for the first time ever and it was awesome. so easy to control in the air.. I was almost out of fuel when i landed a high jump full throttle and stripped my spur gear.
    Then came home, washed & cleaned truck, waited until DJ in bed and took engine out and threw on a new 40t spur and old 14t clutch bell. Will see what its like tommorow.. more than likely return to 16/36.
    ST clutch is awesome btw.

RC Qualifier
    Taped up the new Trenchers, glued them on some Desparado wheels, then balanced them. 3 were pretty good before balancing and did not need too much putty but for some reason the 4th was a little cattywampus!

RC Competitor
    I had a stripped gear for my reverse so I decided to do the forward only conversion. Not too difficult with the aide of some good youtube videos. Now I just wish my truck battery was charged because it seems like that is now my issue from driving haha.

RC Champion
    Bashed the nitros hard up at the football field, took out something in the mad maxx tranny, haven't cracked it open yet, need to put the center diff back in anyway, Revo 1 needed some tuning, not used to getting bashed in the big open area's like that, good experence though, we had a blast, it was nice here today.
    15 IS Enough, Time to thin down the fleet some.

RC Qualifier
    Put a set of old T-Max tires and rims on her. She looks kinda mean in all flat black, I think I'll do the same treatment to my stampede.

RC Champion
    Broke in yet another new Ebay Frankenstein Engine, now I have 4 runners, two I have re-pinched that still scream, one I broke in last winter that runs fantastic, and this new one i am gonna bash tommorow, assuming it doesnt rain!!!! Woooohoooo!
    Master of Traxxas engine longevity....

RC Racer
    Modified my Revo's chassis and few other parts, so I could use more countersunk screws.
    |Traxxas|Revo|3.3|#5309|FIN|

RC Competitor
    Picked up some more parts from the LHS to include a new air filter, and some Byrons 30%. Started tearing bad dog apart to get her cleaned up so I can start the cycle again.

RC Qualifier
    Flipped the drive shafts so that the boots are on the inboard side, hopefully they will last longer.

RC Competitor
    I went to my local track and ran for about 30-40 min. That was all the nitro I had left. I did the FOC and now it sounds like a slight whirl sound when I am running. It doesn't do it when it is stopped and idling. I am not sure what that sound is to be honset, any suggestions? Otherwise it was running perfectly for the mild temps we have in Kansas. All I wish I had now was an air compressor to help clean.

I forgot to mention there was a guy with an E-Revo. We were kind of racing but not a great deal. He must have been newer than I am with RC's because I was really taking him around our track. I don't think he had the full potential of his E-revo either because it wasn't nearly as fast.
    Last edited by flashman2002; 01-08-2012 at 02:29 PM.

RC Champion
    6th through 12th tank on new engine today, man, you gotta love a new engines power....
    Master of Traxxas engine longevity....

RC Qualifier
    Me and my buddy took out the Revo,The Stampede and The Rustler today and thrashed em but good. Burned through 4 Lipo's and a liter of nitro.Nothing broke on the Revo or the Rustler but the stamped for some reason likes to tear the rear body mounts and it's my new Hummer body at that. Oh well, geuss I won't be letting my buddy drive the Stampede anymore lol. Back to the Revo it was running better but I still had a hard time tuning that darn 2.5 so when I go home I decided to put the 3.3 back in her and while I was at it I changed the shock oil to 40w and to be honest it looks like it has never been changed. Nothing like fixing up a used truck that you bought cheep. Here's a photo montage that I made tonight. I hope you all like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5AQ6...yer_detailpage

RC Competitor
    Ups man came!!!!
    Now to tear it apart and do the rebuild!

RC Qualifier

Matinance

Just finished changing all the boots on the axle carriers and is sure was a heck of alot easier than changing the drive shaft boots.Ready for more bashing.

RC Qualifier
    Cleaned up rear diff. Waiting on TH shipment will lots of parts. Doing 1 section cleanup at the time.
    --
    Nitro-J-Rod