Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    RC Competitor
    My house! Right down the hill from my chicken coop.
    Only my second day, and i still am stoked! Cant wait to find a track! My local wild turkeys didn't seem enthused to meet my Revo! Gonna go to my favorite soccer field tomorrow!

RC Competitor
    Changed out some of the rubber boots that were worn out today and finished the new body. It's in the gallery thread.

RC Racer
    Got the truck put back together and ran it in the snow for the first time...so much fun!
    Slayer Pro turned Revo

RC poster
    Installed a 40t spur and got it ready to bash (hopefully tomorrow!!!)

RC Qualifier
    Shaved my bumpers down and sanded the chipped chrome off.
    One shot.....One kill, no exceptions

RC Racer
    Adjusted Integy twin brake kit with ballpoint pen springs, all I need to do to the trans in this rebuild anymore is to change the screws to titanium ones
    |Traxxas|Revo|3.3|#5309|FIN|

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    in the process of converting it now to e-revo i'm tired of looking at it just sitting there collecting dust.

RC Qualifier
    Just ordered some traxxas 17mm hubs to go with the black chrome e-revo wheels I just bought. Installed my new 2.4 ghz radio with newer optidrive.

RC Qualifier
    Just recieved some p2 rockers in the mail. May try those out (currently runny p1). Want to see whats so good about them.

RC Racer
    Blew it Up
    Slayer Pro turned Revo

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by bloody wheels View Post
    Just recieved some p2 rockers in the mail. May try those out (currently runny p1). Want to see whats so good about them.
    let us know what you think of the p2's. I still have the stock rockers.

RC Competitor
    Broke my front left bulkhead jumping that tire in to the side of a house... =) i've had the truck for about a week now lol

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jk6672 View Post
    let us know what you think of the p2's. I still have the stock rockers.
    I sure will. Had to order the little red spacers to put them on.

RC Competitor
    Started working on my Caster / Camber board. It'll give me one more thing to wrench on my revo. Made some plexiglass guides for the wheels. The ruler on the bench is just there, it isn't going to be part of the board. I have another sheet of plexiglass for that.

Still have to make some larger holes so I can adjust the pillowballs without removing them.
    Last edited by trailsnail; 12-31-2011 at 10:44 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Put together a list of parts that I want or should I say need so that when I go to my local hobbie shop I won't be stumbling for part #s.

I also helped my buddy put an ad on castanet to sell his HPI Savage X 4.6.
    O.S.21 Nitro Revo, Stampede 4x4, 2 Axial Honcho's

RC Competitor
    My house! Right down the hill from my chicken coop.
    Seem to have a slip in me clutch, to the bench we go!

RC Qualifier
    Bought some odonell fuel, erevo bumpers, dubro body clips.

RC Enthusiast
    This was yesterday but I put inthe new front diff as well as some blue anodized shock ends on the rear and two new rear push rods.Also 4 new dust caps in the rear. Installed the new 2.4 ghz traxxas radio only to find out that the optidrive and reverse servo went the way of the do do bird. Removed optidrive and ordered a 2056 water proof micro servo from a summit, head pipe and resonater, fuel tank rebuild kit and robber the two water proof 2056 and 2057 servos from my jato and switched to one steering servo. Even with just one it turns so much better than the dual servos that were always humming and makin little noises. Also I decided that no more money is going into this pit lol Just gonna run it now. Happy New Year to all!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jato_220 View Post
    This was yesterday but I put inthe new front diff as well as some blue anodized shock ends on the rear and two new rear push rods.Also 4 new dust caps in the rear. Installed the new 2.4 ghz traxxas radio only to find out that the optidrive and reverse servo went the way of the do do bird. Removed optidrive and ordered a 2056 water proof micro servo from a summit, head pipe and resonater, fuel tank rebuild kit and robber the two water proof 2056 and 2057 servos from my jato and switched to one steering servo. Even with just one it turns so much better than the dual servos that were always humming and makin little noises. Also I decided that no more money is going into this pit lol Just gonna run it now. Happy New Year to all!
    Hey man. I also installed the new radio. I had to buy the newer optidrive (red SET letter) for it to work. Just thought I would let you know if you wanted to run the opti.

RC Competitor
    trailsnail please tell me where you found that dodge body, that thing is sexy. i been looking for a dodge body for weeks to no avail. anyone else that knows where to get bodies please chime in. i want a 2006 dodge 2500 body but ill take the one trail snail has to.
    sorry bout the garage doors

RC Racer
    Not today but yesterday. THS pipe, THS CVD's, RPM a arms and bumpers, RD blue aluminum tranny case, center diff kit, rear brake, replaced front bulkhead and put factory front skid plate back on because the aluminum plates cant handle the abuse

RC Competitor
    i installed the traxxas cvd's.... then went out bashing and broke my ring gear in the rear diff on only my second jump of the day, and while removing the rear bulkhead i broke it to. Lol I landed a little to hard under throttle i guess. since i have the rear end apart im ordering a spool for the rear..... any opinions or pros-cons on running a spool in the rear.

RC Qualifier
    Set up the new DX3R
    [IMG][/IMG]

Also took out the two steering servos and put in a single hitech 333oz servo
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by bushhog750 View Post
    trailsnail please tell me where you found that dodge body, that thing is sexy. i been looking for a dodge body for weeks to no avail. anyone else that knows where to get bodies please chime in. i want a 2006 dodge 2500 body but ill take the one trail snail has to.
    Its an HPI body that my wife picked up as a Christmas present from Hobby Town. It's a 2002 Dodge Ram body, part number 7178. Here's a couple more pics.

This is a Savage / TMAXX body. Don't know if it will fit a 3.3, but it fits my 2.5.

Today I took it out and beat it like a bad dog.

As can be seen, Krylon paint don't stick well, lol. Guess that means I have to repaint it.

RC Competitor
    beat it like a bad dog you did....... that a boy. Lol that thing looks awesome.... i may try and find one at hobby town and see if it will fit over my 3.3. one more question trail, how are your pins secured to the body. ive seen that a time or two but was unsure how you guys mounted them like that. Im sick of losing pins everyday and dont wanna ghetto rig something either. thats a clean good looking way to do it.

RC Qualifier
    FINALLY got my 3.3 dialed in with a 14/40 and a short wheelbase 5310 chassis, let's just say that my wheelie bar got a workout today.

I also found a 4x4 Stampede today (#6708) on craig's-list That some kid fried the ESC buy running a 5000 lipo and a 21 pinion/54 spur without setting the low voltage detection on the ESC and no cooling fan. On the bright side I got $200 worth of batteries, an $80 charger and a $100 controller with a slightly messed up and barely driven truck for $100. I think it will be around $150-200 to fix it all up, so long as the motor didn't get fried too.

I love my Traxxas (Electric or Nitro)

RC Competitor
    bushhog

i have the same thing on my truck it was like 5 bucks at my local hobby shop, it's like a rubber thing you threat your clips to it. but i made 3 holes with my body reaver and threaded everything from underneath so you can't see the blue rubber band thing that holds the clips.
    Last edited by Z32turboR1; 01-01-2012 at 10:41 PM. Reason: spell name wrong

RC poster
    Pulled that sloppy throttle linkage off my new 3.3 and made this outta an old heatsink I had kicking around.

Haven`t drilled out the actual linkage hole yet, but its tight, smooth AND fully opens the slide barrel.
    Last edited by Dimzin; 01-01-2012 at 11:57 PM.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by bushhog750 View Post
    beat it like a bad dog you did....... that a boy. Lol that thing looks awesome.... i may try and find one at hobby town and see if it will fit over my 3.3. one more question trail, how are your pins secured to the body. ive seen that a time or two but was unsure how you guys mounted them like that. Im sick of losing pins everyday and dont wanna ghetto rig something either. thats a clean good looking way to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Z32turboR1 View Post
    bushhog

i have the same thing on my truck it was like 5 bucks at my local hobby shop, it's like a rubber thing you threat your clips to it. but i made 3 holes with my body reaver and threaded everything from underneath so you can't see the blue rubber band thing that holds the clips.
    Like was said, I got the rubber thing at the LHS. It was only a couple of bucks. Drill one hole in the body, and push the center in. It's molded to go through the hole you drill and stay in place.

RC poster
    Started tuning in my axial 28 motor. Was getting some real power then the new spur gear got chewed up. Looked around to find 2 crack on the frame neat the motor mount area... CRAP

RC Qualifier
    Just got back from bashing at the skate park no broken parts but a stripped spur gear from a bad set up (my bad) luckily I have a spare so I think since I have to tear it apart I'm gonna throw the 2.5 in and head back to the park.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by NITR0 newbie View Post
    Just got back from bashing at the skate park no broken parts but a stripped spur gear from a bad set up (my bad) luckily I have a spare so I think since I have to tear it apart I'm gonna throw the 2.5 in and head back to the park.
    Turns out it was a broken motor mount that ate my spur gear for lunch and not my set up. Oh well off to my LHS for more parts. She ain't no shelf queen that's foh sho.

RC Competitor
    ordered new pinion gear for rear, spool for rear and new rear bulkhead. can anyone give me pros or cons on running the 5381x spool in the rear.

Don't run the spool on high traction. Others have been known to twist the output shafts of it or twist/break the axle shafts.
    The Super Derecho

RC Competitor
    i run mostly grass and dirt, with an occasional speed run up and down the street. i have upgraded the axle shafts to cvd's. any idea where we think my next weakest link would be now. im hoping its not my rear diff as i just broke it on my second jump with cvd's installed under heavy accelleration to get wheels to hit instead of landing on roof.

RC Competitor
    Beat the bad dog again. All was fine until my buddy broke something, can you guess what?

Just a tie rod, but at least he gave me beer to compensate!
    Last edited by trailsnail; 01-02-2012 at 07:41 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by trailsnail View Post
    Beat the bad dog again. All was fine until my buddy broke something, can you guess what?

At least he gave me beer to cominsate!
    Right side Front Steering link right?

RC Competitor
    yup, meant to add that to the end, but well....

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by trailsnail View Post
    yup, meant to add that to the end, but well....
    Was it the plastic end on the stock shafts?

RC Competitor
    Nope, broke the metal on the wheel side where the threads meet the shaft, second time this has happened to me. Yes, stock.