Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
    RC poster

What did you do to your Revo today?

You guys get the idea, post up what you did to or with your Revo today...

I went out bashing in Griffith Park with my new spool installed, quickly broke my first axle, put in the spare which last quite a bit longer but eventually broke when I landed at full throttle... Went to my LHS picked up some steel axles and installed them, can't wait to try and break them!

RC Qualifier
    I stripped off old paint and repainted my Revo body. It is a 2.5 body.

One shot.....One kill, no exceptions

RC Champion
    Dude that looks great for a stripped off paint job, what did you use to strip it? Sweet.

I Finished the Erevo build till the new axle carrers come in.
    Serviced the Mad Max Revo, tranny work,
    New push rods on the oringinal revo, found a leak in the exhusst coupler going to put it back together now.
    The conversion is getting some love today
    15 IS Enough, Time to thin down the fleet some.

RC poster
    I discovered that my clutch spring broke!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Morancy View Post
    Dude that looks great for a stripped off paint job, what did you use to strip it? Sweet.

I Finished the Erevo build till the new axle carrers come in.
    Serviced the Mad Max Revo, tranny work,
    New push rods on the oringinal revo, found a leak in the exhusst coupler going to put it back together now.
    The conversion is getting some love today
    Thanks man. I used DOT3 brake fluid to take the paint off. Then I airbrushed black to red fade.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    nothing, its setting as a roller collecting dust inside the garage lol.

i never thought of peeling off the old paint. great job!!

RC Qualifier
    Just hand polished my trinity pipe

RC Qualifier
    tried a friend slayer body on the revo..its awesome with the big wheels..looks a lot better in real than the photos.

it would require the slayer extended bumpers to be installed, and the fenders to be haves a little to make room for suspension travel

the only problem i can think of is that the rear bumper would get in the way if you weelie

RC Champion
    absolutely nothing for the last 2 years...
    you know.. i never had a sig.. but i do now...

RC Champion
    LOL KG, I bashed them all today, had to wrap up the heads for the first time this year, the badlands on the Erevo with the full offset is awesome, got the RD racing carriers in the mail today, that's tonight project and filling the second set of big bores on the flux, ran out of shock oil, I love this being laid off thing, nothing like full time RC'ing, but the party's not going to last much longer so I'll take full advantage of every bit of it, I love the nitros but now I get to turn the lights on and I can bash the electrics all night if I want to and these electrics are sick as sick can get. Total Blast!! Rock on Brothers.

RC Qualifier
    Beat it till it bled and then beat it for bleeding Then cleaned it real good and painted the push rods and toe links. I looked for some Traxxas blue rods and links but they don't make them ??? Found some paint in the shop that matches the lighter blue

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

In the second picture you can see the white lettering on the inside of the tire... think I may keep going on all for Takes a little time and a steady hand using a paint pen... a beer or two as well Also put the stock rims/tires back on.

RC Qualifier
    White letters;
    [IMG]g[/IMG]

RC Enthusiast
    i added fuel line to the head today...

Last edited by chris1018; 12-18-2011 at 10:22 PM.

RC Competitor
    i put on the rc solutions rollcage and ordered the red traxxas aluminum push rods and toe links. how do you post pictures in this place......im illeterate, stupid and most of the time a slow learner. Lol

RC Enthusiast
    I am waiting for the roller I snagged off ebay, then the build begins!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by bushhog750 View Post
    i put on the rc solutions rollcage and ordered the red traxxas aluminum push rods and toe links. how do you post pictures in this place......im illeterate, stupid and most of the time a slow learner. Lol
    That's funny you put one on and I took mine off a few weeks ago and sold it. I thought I would like it but it wasn't for me, I went back to using a wing. To post pix just open an account at photobucket or a similar site. Once you upload them you will be able to copy an image link and post it in your thread - and viola - the picture shows up there!

RC Qualifier
    Had nothing to do on the Revo today because it is running great and I actually have nothing ordered for it. I am working on an engine and chassis for another RC that shall remain nameless as it is made by someone else...

RC Racer
    Finally got around to cleaning and getting it ready to run again. Took apart the tranny and installed FOC. Instructions weren't too clear so I forgot to use a set screw to hold the gear on the new shaft. Once that was installed it runs real nice. Hasn't been run in over 8 months but I just reset it to factory and it started right up and takes off with a touch of the throttle. I love the 3.3. Reliable engine and craftsmanship!!
    Revo 3.3, 2WD Slash, Rustler VXL, and MERV VXL.

RC Competitor
    I replaced some blown out rod ends on the rear shocks/push rods from doing cartwheels in the grass yesterday. Also burned the feces out of my finger trying to grab it mid tumble.

Learning how to jump over a golf course sand trap is fun! Economic downturn has been bad for the golfing business, but great for me. And I don't replace my divots!

RPM rod ends just as good as the rest of their products? Rod end supply is getting low.....

RC Qualifier
    I put in an os.30 vg in mine!!

Can you pass me another screw?

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake C6R View Post
    That's funny you put one on and I took mine off a few weeks ago and sold it. I thought I would like it but it wasn't for me, I went back to using a wing. To post pix just open an account at photobucket or a similar site. Once you upload them you will be able to copy an image link and post it in your thread - and viola - the picture shows up there!
    thanks bud... ill see if i still have my photobucket info. Dang i should have bought your rc solutions rollcage from you. I dont really do anything with my revo but beat the snot out of it at home. Im now trying jumps and stuff out of home made ramps or any other thing that slightly resembles a ramp. Lol I really like mine so far, i feel it offers me some protection from bad landings and roll overs... to each his own though. You interested in selling the one you took off.

RC Enthusiast
    This past weekend i put a new body on after painting it.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1169937...63091875694386
    Last edited by BrandanL; 12-20-2011 at 09:09 PM. Reason: picture

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    mine still collecting more dust and from that point on, I pretty much use it as a spare parts.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Precision with Accuracy View Post
    I replaced some blown out rod ends on the rear shocks/push rods from doing cartwheels in the grass yesterday. Also burned the feces out of my finger trying to grab it mid tumble.

Learning how to jump over a golf course sand trap is fun! Economic downturn has been bad for the golfing business, but great for me. And I don't replace my divots!

RPM rod ends just as good as the rest of their products? Rod end supply is getting low.....
    I can help but imagine some badlands hooking up on a soft green with a tight slipper. That would be maddness!!!

Just in case anyone wants to try it out... you can and will be prosecuted for vandalism if you do this. So don't.

RC Champion
    Beat the two LRP 30 revo's today hard, broke nothing, it was in the 20's, heads wrapped up and kept them in the 250 range with plenty of smoke, had to replace the second gear clutch, after I broke the shaft a while back it looked fine but what happens during the trauma is the seat for the bearing gets knocked out of round, you can't see it by eye but the bearing knows it, so the bearing cooks, heats up that spot were the pin is and in no time the shaft is busted again, took me 2 shafts to figure it out, so for future reference if you take out 5393 you mind as well get 5390 when you fix it, even if it looks ok and the bearing is cheap. Great day for bashing. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year y'all. I hope you guys all turned in your wish lists.

RC Enthusiast
    Today I ordered a new BUKU big block clutch system with the Komposite shoes. Also ordered a new 19T clutch bell. Can't wait to get it installed!!!!

RC Racer
    Put ST clutch on, new fuel lines and brake pads today. Checked fuel tank aswell.

RC Competitor
    Took it out in freezing temps, ran it through the snow. First time running it since my daughter broke one of the rear A-arms. Totally different tuning in the cold. It acted like it was always lean, even when rich, but I didn't wrap the head. All in all it was good fun.

RC Enthusiast
    I have a habit of treating my neighbors sloped front yard like turn 3 at Daytona...with the close gear set I'm at a 30 k whistle when i hit her driveway. I get three passes before she comes outside and cluelessly sweeps the landscape bark back where it belongs...I did that...again.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by NeighborsHateME View Post
    I have a habit of treating my neighbors sloped front yard like turn 3 at Daytona...with the close gear set I'm at a 30 k whistle when i hit her driveway. I get three passes before she comes outside and cluelessly sweeps the landscape bark back where it belongs...I did that...again.
    So that's where your screen name comes from, ha ha! Funny story!

RC Enthusiast
    @ jake...before i got a clue w/nitro...And the jury is still out..We were sure we could catch a tune with an open header...night after night...mind numbing jato runs in the street...you get the idea. Cops...landlords...u name it. This from a group of friends that are discussing the pros and cons of alcohol plus NOS for our desert toys...sigh. My best friends current sand rail config weighs a hair over 1200lbs and the juiced Ls1 turned 650 bhp on the dyno...I fear for our lives...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by NeighborsHateME View Post
    @ jake...before i got a clue w/nitro...And the jury is still out..We were sure we could catch a tune with an open header...night after night...mind numbing jato runs in the street...you get the idea. Cops...landlords...u name it. This from a group of friends that are discussing the pros and cons of alcohol plus NOS for our desert toys...sigh. My best friends current sand rail config weighs a hair over 1200lbs and the juiced Ls1 turned 650 bhp on the dyno...I fear for our lives...
    That's good stuff! If I was your neighbor I'd bring the beer and help make some more noise! Open header and shooting flames sounds like victory! LOL

RC Enthusiast
    I bought a new 2.4 ghz radio some new suspension arms to replace a couple cracked ones. I also got a new spur and clutch bell, resonater pipe, a couple new shock ends, some new pivot ball dust caps. Now I get to wait for it all to come,meanwhile I'm gonna do a little tear down and clean session and get it ready for the 3.3. Pretty pumped about this truck, already have a jato but thats for summer time now and the revo will be year round fun.

RC Qualifier
    Just bought a 2.4 ghz radio and the newer optidrive to go in my 5310.

RC Racer
    kicked it so it would not feel neglected lol

looking at the new tqi remote and dock with reciever and telemetrix
    Revo 3.3 2006
    Juggernaut 2
    Dumas Quicky 40

RC Champion
    Put it in the new bag my wife got me, we did early gifts before the insanity showed up, just a few, the best part is the Sony Handycam, full hd dudes, I am going to be making some awesome videos from now on, lol. The gear bag is awesome I fit the E revo in it with the trenchers on it with no problem, and you can carry a ton of stuff, lol so the rigs can travel in style now. lol Merry Christmas to you all, I hope the RC Santa is Good to you all.

RC Qualifier
    Put the Goliath's back on to tear some stuff up!

RC Enthusiast
    I started to do a small tear down to get ready for new parts and found out I need more new parts. Front diff is toast and a couple bad push rod ends. This is starting to become a nickle and dime addiction, parts are cheep just seems like more and more are needed but if your not gonna do it rite dont do it at all i guess.

RC Champion
    thats the way it is... most plastic parts are consumables.. especially rod ends... so may as well stock up on them... she i race the revo.. it was the single most changed item on my truck was push rod ends... i race every weekend... so about once a month i changed them... just be sure i don't have a dnf because of it...
    you know.. i never had a sig.. but i do now...

RC Racer
    Gave it a boxing day kiss hehe