RC poster

What do you LIKE about the XO-1?

I'm starting this thread because it can be hard to find what people actually like about the car, and useful/helpful information about the XO-1 amongst all the negative feedback.

Personally, I can't think of 1 thing I don't like about the car. Of course if Traxxas wanted to send me one to test, show-off, or review, I think I could work it into my schedule, lol

I can honesty say the aerodynamics design incorporated into this car and drivetrain. This car is design to run fast and handle brushless. Yes most car can run brushless but they were design when brush was the propulsion system. I'm loving the new radio telemetry too. I can honesty live with using a itouch.
    Powered by Tekin. Go Tekin or go home.

RC Champion
    The size, the weight, and the tvr like front end.

RC Qualifier
    Just the idea, and works that have had to develop.
    Innovation, of course, and the value of launching into an "unknown" market.
    About using Iphone ,even though I am totally anti Apple, the concept is amazing.

RC Qualifier
    I like the idea of belted tires.

RC Champion
    The aero on this is sick! And how planted that makes it at 100+mph!

i like the design. i like the possibilities for the platform. i like the tires although you can buy belted 100mph tires now and have been able to for years. i really like the roller as a whole. i like pretty much the whole thing.

i don't love the whole govenor thing, but seriously....BIG DEAL.... if i wanted one that bad and had a grand to blow, it would definately be this and a cheap i-phone. a really old one...like bottom of the barrell capability. HA!
    Associated rc8TE, rc8.2E, B4.2, Ofna LX2E, Slash

RC Qualifier
    At the office installing another box of Internets...
    The design is pretty sweet. Honestly, I'm looking forward to seeing what suspension/driveline parts will fit the Rusty, not to mention the tires.
    I shot an elephant in my underwear last night...

Kind of hard to give details of what I like when all I have seen are pictures and a few videos but you have to love all the innovation and new technology this car brings tot he table. From the awesome speed to the new direction Traxxas has taken the radio system to the aerodynamics and shear horsepower no mater where you look I see coolness just dripping from this car.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC poster
    I would like to see videos of this car on an medium to large track with other cars. It looks like it will handle well. I'll use it more for track driving than drag racing. Anybody want to let me borrow $1100 for a few years, lol

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by PMDRACER View Post
    The design is pretty sweet. Honestly, I'm looking forward to seeing what suspension/driveline parts will fit the Rusty, not to mention the tires.
    What is with people and wanting to screw their rustlers up with a 17-17 motor. The sheer size of the motor will make the whole car pull a wheely jast sitting there on the line. Plus not to mention the gears and metal parts for everything in the rear. Also the XO-1 is 1/7 scale so i highly doubt if the parts will even remotelly fit the rustler which is like 1/10 or 1/12 scale mabee.
    XO-1 Supercar

RC Competitor
    I like how the ride height will drop as the speed increases. I like the air induction to cool the motor. Vehicle top speed, radio is top notch. I am sure there are more.

RC Competitor
    The XO-1 is amazing to me in every way. Traxxas has definetely gone out on a limb to realease this vehicle. But the sheer size of the car is impressive (5in LONGER than the summit). They put virtually every upgrade they could have in their arsenal. The aluminum pieces everywhere is awesome alone with the dual deck aluminum. The power plant was totally revamped too with the esc. The chassis is also really good with the motor cooling vent coming out of the bottom and the front splitter. I will DEFINETELLY be buying this car. Already have and itouch 4
    XO-1 Supercar

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    i like it cause its built by traxxas lol. i like it cause its capable of hitting 3 digit, its slick design, and that new tqi radio that works with your iphone. its an awesome car!!

RC Racer
    That it does 100mph.... Everything, Will be my first traxxas

RC Competitor
    Does the XO-1 come with all the telemetry add ons such as the gps the rpm sensor the heat sensor and the speed sensor? If anybody can answere this much thanks
    XO-1 Supercar

The XO-1 includes telemetry sensors for rpm, motor temperature, and voltage. Speed is calculated from rpm. The GPS sensor is optional. To view telemetry data, you need to instyall an iPhone or iPod touch into the transmitter's Docking Base and download the Traxxas Link application.

RC Champion
    I have RC cars that are tipping the $1k mark and they are fast. But what my cars don't have is the long straight center drive shaft setup, which I think is the best part of the car.
    2 KILOWATT RACER

RC Champion
    I wish the chassis design was more open to conversions, like they did w the 1/16 line. I would like to see a offroad version, but you just cant fit bigger tires in the wheel well. Im curious to see the different bodies that will be made.
    Merv, Sl4sh, P4de, Embe, Slash
    2400/2200/4000kv

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterV View Post
    The XO-1 includes telemetry sensors for rpm, motor temperature, and voltage. Speed is calculated from rpm. The GPS sensor is optional. To view telemetry data, you need to instyall an iPhone or iPod touch into the transmitter's Docking Base and download the Traxxas Link application.
    Thank you i have an itouch 4 but i would want the gps sensor. again thanks
    XO-1 Supercar

RC Competitor
    Biggest thing I like is all the work that went into the aerodynamics, I believe I'm correct in saying that it's the first RC ever to have a rear diffuser. Add in the front splitter, body design, etc. and the high speed handling should be good.

The power plant is excellent, I've had several of the original CC 1717s and they are just a MONSTER. Castle states they've improved that design to create this new motor, I'm looking forward to seeing part-outs on eBay.

Real-time remote telemetry is cool, and the ability to tune remotely is nice if you find yourself needing to change something partway through a run. Battery voltage and temperature as well as the temperature of the ESC and motor are valuable on something that people will undoubtedly run very hard.

I've seen enough to not want to buy one, but according to someone who's driven one once they get hot the tires stick very well and hold together well at speed. Belted tires and good compound, thumbs up for that as well. And 17mm hexes to top it all off so other onroaders can run them easily.

RC Qualifier
    striking jealousy into the hearts of all onlookers!
    ^The Ofna DM-1 has a rear diffuser.

I like the chassis alot and all the extra little features you get using the Ipod.
    I got skills!

RC Competitor
    The 100mph part rocks.Supreme acceleration 0-100mph under 5 sec. Man sleekand has a HUGE castle creations 1605kv brushless motor.

Edited for language abuse. If you see a starred out word in your post, the word has been blocked by the language filter. The language filter was put in place to block words that Traxxas deemed inappropriate for use on their forums. Please remove these words from your post in the future, or warning points will likely be issued.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 12-22-2011 at 12:24 PM.

RC Champion
    With the exception of the iDevice requirement (that will keep me from buying that radio for my existing cars) I think it is an amazing machine! I wo 't complain about the limiter, I do think it's better to keep it "slow" to learn how to drive it first before going into "Hyperactive" .
    Aw, Biscuits!

RC Competitor
    Does anybody know how thick the outdrive shafts from the differential are? I cant seem to find the specks on them but i would like to have a reasonable estimate.

Same here a little bit of training couldnt hurt with a 100mph rc car
    Last edited by cooleocool; 12-22-2011 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Post merge.
    XO-1 Supercar

RC Qualifier
    I like the whole idea. The technology involved and the size! I'm getting more and more into the larger scale RC's. The only thing I don't like is the price...BUT the price seems to be well suited for what you are getting. And being a large scale RC, the price fits. Just personally, I don't want to pay that much....but I want one!
    If you can't beat it....destroy it!

RC Champion
    I like that it should do more than go 100mph in a straight line.
    Pay It Forward.

RC Competitor
    nothing has been said in here that i wouldnt have said. i think this things gonna be amazing and open up the doors to many other cool things. i just wish i could afford one. ill just have to drool on one at my LHS.
    X0-1/Brushless Boss 302