RC Qualifier

Question Who has a "I" device I'm sure I'm not the only one?

We all or at least most of us know that the TQi is required to have an I device to reach the full potential of the XO-1. I think that it is good that you need a I device to reach the full 100mph. It is good because it tells you all the temps, rpm, mph, and more. But many of you would prefer that you can just get a $30 screen instead of dropping $80 on a used iPod touch but then again if you can afford a $1000 RC car the you can surely drop $80 on a ipod touch. Also many of us already have ipod touches and iphones. So tell me would you rather maybe spend $30 on a screen just for the TQi or and I device that you can do what ever you want. For me I don't really care because I have a ipod touch 3 gen.
    Down to the ground with, Electric.

RC Competitor
    i have a 3rd gen ipod too. was hopin that platform would work, not the i even know im getting one. its good to know ive got that base covered if i do get it. im not upset about needing an i device either. i think its cool all the things it does with it. plus, like mentioned, your all ready spending $1,100 on a toy. whats another $100-150 for something that does so much more as welll?
    X0-1/Brushless Boss 302

RC Qualifier
    in a hole.... with my rustler and an electrical outlet
    lol i gots an itouch but used itouches can be found for around $25 not expensive at all
    so this one time I ate a lipo.......

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomats427 View Post
    We all or at least most of us know that the TQi is required to have an I device to reach the full potential of the XO-1. I think that it is good that you need a I device to reach the full 100mph. It is good because it tells you all the temps, rpm, mph, and more. But many of you would prefer that you can just get a $30 screen instead of dropping $80 on a used iPod touch but then again if you can afford a $1000 RC car the you can surely drop $80 on a ipod touch. Also many of us already have ipod touches and iphones. So tell me would you rather maybe spend $30 on a screen just for the TQi or and I device that you can do what ever you want. For me I don't really care because I have a ipod touch 3 gen.
    I agree completely i have a itouch 4 so its great for me if i got the car but i would usually drive without it for safety precoutions
    XO-1 Supercar

RC Qualifier
    I have the iphone 3Gs but will be upgrading to the 4Gs. I have 4 sisters that all have iPhones, including their kids, plus my parents. No shortage of people with iDevices. lol

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by deanwrx View Post
    I have the iphone 3Gs but will be upgrading to the 4Gs. I have 4 sisters that all have iPhones, including their kids, plus my parents. No shortage of people with iDevices. lol
    Wow I think your good lol

RC Champion
    64gb 4th Gen ITouch.

HTC Evo 4G on Tapatalk Pro
    Go Patriots!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by JLRevo View Post
    64gb 4th Gen ITouch.

HTC Evo 4G on Tapatalk Pro
    Nice I think you have enough space to download the app and I hope its free lol

RC Qualifier
    striking jealousy into the hearts of all onlookers!
    Now that would stink if we had to pay for the app!
    I got skills!

RC Qualifier
    I have an iphone4, great priec of kit, very stable.

If i can help anyone unlock their x01 i will happy to do so.
    Signature removed due to excess awesomeness.

RC Enthusiast
    I don't have an iPhone, and nobody I know has an iPhone, they all have Blackberries. A Blackberry is the only smart phone that people can have where I work, because it's the only one you can get without a camera.

Quote Originally Posted by gregkl View Post
    Maybe its only $80 dollars for the Idevice of some kind but you also have to have a data subscription to get the app. Most carriers require at least a two year contract. That gennerally will add up to more than the street cost of the car. So yes we want the $30.00 screen. I personally can not stand anything that says Apple on it. How about apps for Droids or Backberries. Or better yet some other way to unlock this car without a smart device. I wonder how many people like me will want one of these but can not use it to its full potential. Lots of lost sales here.
    Please get your facts straight prior to posting. An iPod Touch (like the one in front of me ATM) does not require a data plan. [I'm not sure if a second-hand iPhone does.] There are tens or hundreds of thousands of free WiFi hotspots. I took my son to get a haircut Saturday and THEY even had a free WiFi hotspot. No data subscription required, which is good because I refuse to pay ANOTHER $30.00 per month for it.

Feel free to disagree about whether this was a good move for Traxxas. Opinions are subjective, but when you start posting erroneous information, your bias becomes very apparent.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Qualifier
    I currently own:

iTouch 4G 64GB
    iPhone 4S 32GB

I will not own a mac, but nothing beats the iTouch, iPhone or iPad.

Pic of my 3G iPhone, which I recently retired after 2.75 years of use. Check out my talk time.

iPhone's are the real deal...
    ERBE
    2S-6500-35C
    2S/3S-5000-35C
    2S-5000-45C

RC Qualifier
    $30 extra could put a cheap display on the controller but you also need to put in a bigger computer and more memory. With an iPod attached the controller can relay exactly what it relieves to the iPod and the iPod can do the rest, and show it on a retina display
    I like turtles.

RC Qualifier
    You don't need to be on a plan to run the app, which is why buying a second hand unlocked iPhone will work. As long as you have a apple app store log on you can run the app. Which is why they say you can run the Traxxas app on a touch. You can't make calls on a touch so picking up a second hand touch or iPhone is easy and there is no need to venture into a phone store and sign your life away for two years. I have an iPad that I use every day and with a cable could run the x-01 telemetry also.

RC Competitor
    For $1100 you shouldn't have to buy ANYTHING else........just my opinion.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 12-23-2011 at 08:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eadracing View Post
    For $1100 you shouldn't have to buy ANYTHING else........just my opinion.
    The requirements are the requirements and are not likely to change. This is off topic and has been beaten to death.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    The requirements are the requirements and are not likely to change. This is off topic and has been beaten to death.
    my bad on the off topic part. my reading and comprehension skills tend to diminish after hours

As far as it being beat to death........this is my first trip in here to check out the supercar and to do my research. So I wouldn't have the slightest clue as to what has or hasn't been beaten to death
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 12-23-2011 at 11:00 PM. Reason: Content

So tell me would you rather maybe spend $30 on a screen just for the TQi or an I device that you can do what ever you want.
    This is the topic. If you would like to post general design and/or marketing complaints, do it outside this thread.

RC Racer
    I have an iPhone 4 and think the integration is awesome. A huge feature for me. Well done.

RC Qualifier
    For those with a iPhone / iTouch, go download the app, it's pretty sick...
    ERBE
    2S-6500-35C
    2S/3S-5000-35C
    2S-5000-45C

RC Qualifier
    I bet the reason traxxas used the idevices is because the size of the android phones their is small ones and big ones the sizes could have been a big problem so they went with the idevices it would save them a lot of time too.
    summit and e-revo sv2 5700, BL p2ede