RC Competitor

TRAXXAS XO-1 @ The PRI Show in Orlando This Past Weekend Dec.1,2 & 3

I was lucky enough to see and speak to the people at TRAXXAS about the new addition to there family. The radio is amazing and so is the car. The car was sitting on a AWD Dyno Roller. With the car on the dyno, they were able to display all the functions of the vehicle and the radio. All I can say is WOW. I will post pictures up after I fix my computer.

The XO-1 was also on display for people to look at and touch. I was able to pick it up and look at the 3 years of work it took to build this car. I was also informed that the vehicles ride height drops as the speed increases. To add to that, I was told it drops enough to were it is very stable at high speed. The motor is huge when you compare it to most other motors.

The car is still scheduled to be released on time. I think the demand for the car will keep most of us waiting due to the high demand.

I did ask why the unique scale size. I was told that this was the only way to have the car built. The scale they chose is with everything fit snug as a perfect fit - which was their goal.

I almost forgot to mention, if you like the radio so much - you will be able to own one. Rumor has it that there will be a TRAXXAS Radio Trade IN. You will receive $100 credit towards the purchase of a new radio.
    Last edited by 98NYFinestVette; 12-05-2011 at 08:44 AM.

RC Competitor
    Yeah i love the New Radio too because i could trade in 3 traxxas 2.4 ghz controllers and replace it with just 1. This would make a ton of things much easier. The ipod dock is awesome as well because if you had a female to male extension for the dock you could use an ipad and that would be great
    XO-1 Supercar

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Philbilly View Post
    Yeah i love the New Radio too because i could trade in 3 traxxas 2.4 ghz controllers and replace it with just 1. This would make a ton of things much easier. The ipod dock is awesome as well because if you had a female to male extension for the dock you could use an ipad and that would be great
    I bought a Spektrum radio and I have been adding receivers to my vehicles to work with one radio. I guess I will be changing that. LOL

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by 98NYFinestVette View Post
    I bought a Spektrum radio and I have been adding receivers to my vehicles to work with one radio. I guess I will be changing that. LOL
    Nice. How do your Spectrum radios work for you? Ive heard of them being short ranged.
    XO-1 Supercar

RC Champion
    I love my DX3E, basic, cheap, but it works great and is high quality

Life is rough, God is good, let's go.

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Pics please.
    I have been debating on putting the TQi in my cart at Tower Hobbies. But I think i'm going to wait and see if Traxxas does the power up program. But I bet it will be a while if they do, #1 the orders for XO-1, #2 pre-orders of the Tx/Rx itself. Who knows maybe they will offer it sooner. That would be so awesome. Trade in an older one to get it, then sell the rest of them and just purchase the Rx for the other trucks you wish to run with it.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Quote Originally Posted by Philbilly View Post
    One Traxxas Link transmitter can control up to 20 Traxxas models as long as each has the current 2.4GHz receiver (#2218X). When you switch on your transmitter and your model, the transmitter automatically recalls the settings last used for that model. You don't have to select a model, find a model, name a model, etc. It's all automatic. This feature has been part of the Traxxas 2.4GHz High Output radio system since we launched it, and is also included with the TQi.

So Philbilly, you don't need three transmitters. Just bind all your models to one transmitter. Or, cross-bind all three transmitters to all three of your vehicles and then you can grab any vehicle and any radio and be good to go.

At events where we run a Try-Me Track, we cross-bind all the cars and transmitters so we don't have to worry about which radio goes with which car. Every radio goes with every car! It works GREAT.

This post explains the difference in the the latest and previous-gen Traxxas 2.4GHz systems. the new TQi operates exactly like the current 2.4GHz High Output system. http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...=1#post4361675

RC Competitor
    sub.T for pics
    X0-1/Brushless Boss 302