RC Turnbuckle Jr.

My 69' Monster Camaro

Hey Guys,

Well, I managed to get a 69' Monster Camaro from eBay last night for $213 plus shipping...

Pictures are from the seller, I'm not planning to open it so far... I'm so happy to have one...

200, 202, 420, humor 404, 301 to rc10talk, 410.

RC Qualifier
    Nice find!!!
    MMP-NEU 1112 1.5D 4S MERBE
    BEAST MODE [ON] OFF

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Thanks! It's my Christmas gift...

RC Champion
    Nice! Good price too!
    If I were you, I would open it though and keep it as a shelf queen.
    If you don't open it you may find 5 years later it's not in there and you were tricked! haha lol

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Hahaha, you know, you might be right... My only concern is that the included NiMh battery pack could damage the car in some years... So, I might open it just to see it and remove the battery pack...

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by danielhr77 View Post
    Hahaha, you know, you might be right... My only concern is that the included NiMh battery pack could damage the car in some years... So, I might open it just to see it and remove the battery pack...

Did seeing what it actually looks like cross your mind? hahaha lol

RC Qualifier
    i could own something like that and leave it on a shelf.
    MERV VXL + Rally VXL + Stampede Xl5

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Very nice man, thats a deal. I have one as well... its on my shelf. I opened the box and removed the battery (for the same reason you mentioned) and I also removed the radio. I figured this would make it less likely that down the road someone would pick it up and try to run it when I'm not around. I left the rest of the car completely untouched but its just too pretty to leave in its box.

If I found another one for the price you just got yours for... id buy it to and leave it sealed. Congrats.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Thanks! I've been thinking, I might remove all the electronics as well... I need it for another 1/16 project... But, I don't know yet... My 1/16 Ken Block is also a shelf queen without electronics... This one comes with the AM radio, right? Btw, I need a shelf... Hahaha...

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Well, after a month, I had time to pick it up from Customs, so, I have it here in my office, I'll bring it home tonight and get some pictures and a short video...

And, I opened the box, couldn't resist myself, and removed the battery... I might dye the chassis black, anodize the aluminum parts black and add neon green shock covers... Nothing that can be undone with new parts...

RC poster
    Nice find! I also scooped up one from tha bay. I paid $275 for one that was played with,turned out it was played with a lil more than originally described. I got $50 back,But I was still bummed about having a beat up body. So just by chance I found a guy in texas that was selling a brand new body with the matching wheels for $80,shipped. I've got mined slammed to the ground.With that motor set-up,it's got great tourqe.It's really a great lil R/C. Any real word on there only 100 made? I dunno. I wish there was a regestry! Anyhow,with having 2 bodys I don't feel bad about knicking up the wheels or scratching bumpers with wifey and her rally car! great times. I can't imagine traxxas not making this body for sale soon. With all the money they spent on liscensing,molds,R&D. I wanna paint one up like my old 68,just for kicks.
    Last edited by TheMdot; 01-18-2012 at 05:52 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Well, I opened it and took some pictures...

RC Qualifier
    Nice car!, hey i was wondering, in the literature for this, do they include a parts list? i'd love to know what the part number is for that body!
    STRC Slash 4x4
    Hobby Hut Raceway, Audubon Pa.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I checked, but I'm afraid there's no part # for the body in the parts list as this is a limited edition... The only thing available are the wheels...

And, a few more pictures with my Ken Block Gymkhana Fiesta...

I'm uploading a video now...

Last edited by danielhr77; 01-28-2012 at 09:05 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    You can get re-production versions of these bodies on ebay. Not sure if this is a copyright issue with traxxas or not. But they are available.

Man, if i were you daniel... i would NOT dye that chassis... that would be such a shame. The cool factor with this car is keeping it original. While it being all black would be cooler to look at, like its full sized namesake, this car is way cooler if its completely box stock. Someday down the road you'll be able to say "its never been touched". But if its been diassebled and dyed you can't say that. Its just my opinion. I agree it would look amazing all blacked out.

I had one I got that had been run a bit. I ran it myself and didn't like how the body sounded. I know that sounds weird but because the body is big it made a ton of noise as the car was driving on rougher ground. It was also not very aero friendly at high speeds. I sold that car later... but kept the one I had that was brand new.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Oh, you're right, I forgot about the TBG body! And, I agree, for now, I'm going to keep it stock, mainly because I don't have the time or the will to disassemble it now... And, this is the short video I took today...

Well, nothing else for now... Hope you like it...

RC Qualifier
    Yeah i've seen the e-bay knock-offs. i was just curious if they listed a part number with the car for it. The wheels are availible and they also hove them in all satin chrome
    STRC Slash 4x4
    Hobby Hut Raceway, Audubon Pa.

Nice! Looks great.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I only wished they had included more Monster Energy decals...

RC Racer
    I bought one of the Ebay bodies...so-so on the quality the mold is good just a little disapointed on the thickness of the plastic and you have to make your own stickers.
    Airplane decal shets work good from your LHS. You just need some skills with a hobby knife.

RC Enthusiast
    there is another one on ebay now, he wants some real dollars for it.