Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. streetdemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    The home of the brave....
    Posts
    3,119

    How fast WITHOUT the unlock

    I have read a few threads in here and I see that the car needs an iDevice to unlock the ESC to be able to do the 100mph top speed, but how fast will it go without doing that?
    Some like R/C's that are fast, others like nitro

  2. #2
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,536
    i don't know

  3. #3
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. 87 GN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    kansas
    Posts
    7,844
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

  4. #4
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. BaldyDaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Rouleau, aka "Dog River", Saskatchewan, Canada
    Posts
    3,259
    I'm sure there will be other ways as soon as it's released.

    *Unlock the 100+mph speed only with the Traxxas Link App. Included high-speed gearing and High Downforce splitter are required for 100+mph operation.
    Unlocking 100+mph speed capability requires the Traxxas Link Application (download from the App Store) and an iPhone or iPod touch (sold separately). iPhone and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.



    Sent from Dan's iPad using Tapatalk
    Never trust an "Atom", they make up everything.

  5. #5
    Marshal ksb51rl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Northern NJ
    Posts
    15,585
    Quote Originally Posted by BaldyDaniels View Post
    I'm sure there will be other ways as soon as it's released...
    I don't think so.
    I have to wonder how many people have surpassed 60 MPH with their toys. I know I have, but boy is it an uneasy feeling.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 12-04-2011 at 04:49 PM.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

  6. #6
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. streetdemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    The home of the brave....
    Posts
    3,119
    Quote Originally Posted by 87 GN View Post
    Looking at that link I don't see anything that says it will do 60 when not unlocked.
    Some like R/C's that are fast, others like nitro

  7. #7
    Marshal Dadx2mj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    21,213
    I'm not sure where the 60 mph came from although I have seen it mentioned more than once. I am pretty sure Traxxas is saying 50 mph before the unlock right out of the box and 100 mph after the system is unlocked. 50 mph in a 1/7th scale car is not shabby by any means, 100 mph is just amazing.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

  8. #8
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    111
    http://traxxas.com/products/models/e...07xo1-features
    Third bullet
    50+mph out of the box!

  9. #9
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. streetdemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    The home of the brave....
    Posts
    3,119
    Thank you sir.
    Some like R/C's that are fast, others like nitro

  10. #10
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    80
    What would happen if u didnt unlock the 100 mph gadget but put the 100mph gearing ratio in the drivetrain? i think thats where they are getting the 60 mph from
    XO-1 Supercar

  11. #11
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. 87 GN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    kansas
    Posts
    7,844
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...=1#post4979757

    about the four min mark, But I stand corrected (50 mph). A little research & post more than one Q in a thread
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

  12. #12
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. BaldyDaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Rouleau, aka "Dog River", Saskatchewan, Canada
    Posts
    3,259
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    I don't think so.
    I have to wonder how many people have surpassed 60 MPH with their toys. I know I have, but boy is it an uneasy feeling.
    Nobody figured you'd be able to make an iPhone from an iPod touch either, but sure enough you can now. Ios firmware is being manipulated to the extreme on a daily basis, so it wouldnt surprise me at all if a workaround is created. Not to mention If the 100 mph feature can be unlocked then used afterwards without the iPod, then there will be sellers listing them as already unlocked, Just like buying an unlocked and jail broken iPhone. I for one, will be buying one of these cars, just to see what 100mph looks like. I already own every apple device available, so unlocking won't be an issue for me.
    Never trust an "Atom", they make up everything.

  13. #13
    Marshal ksb51rl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Northern NJ
    Posts
    15,585
    Quote Originally Posted by BaldyDaniels View Post
    Nobody figured you'd be able to make an iPhone from an iPod touch either, but sure enough you can now. Ios firmware is being manipulated to the extreme on a daily basis, so it wouldnt surprise me at all if a workaround is created. Not to mention If the 100 mph feature can be unlocked then used afterwards without the iPod, then there will be sellers listing them as already unlocked, Just like buying an unlocked and jail broken iPhone. I for one, will be buying one of these cars, just to see what 100mph looks like. I already own every apple device available, so unlocking won't be an issue for me.
    My question is not whether it can be done. It is whether it will be worth it vs used iPod Touches which I find for $70 on eBay or less on CL.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

  14. #14
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. BaldyDaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Rouleau, aka "Dog River", Saskatchewan, Canada
    Posts
    3,259
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    My question is not whether it can be done. It is whether it will be worth it vs used iPod Touches which I find for $70 on eBay or less on CL.
    Oh you're absolutely correct, it won't be worth it considering the benefits that the iPod provides, but as you've probably
    read in some posts, there are those that just refuse to own an apple device. Not me though, I got em all.

    I wanted to put in my prerelease order for the xo-1, but I saw that tower has their "low price" set at $1149 with the msrp at $1900, which does not sync with the msrp at this site, I'm gonna wait. Seems that despite the belief that the price will be lower than stated, it's gonna be even higher than the Traxxas msrp! I sent tower an email asking what their angle is, and am hoping they will give me some sort of explanation.


    Sent from Dan's iPad using Tapatalk
    Never trust an "Atom", they make up everything.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •