RC Competitor

Help looking for a nitro truck

Hello People
    I am looking for a used nitro truck 4x4. I just purchased my grand kids each a 1/16 E REVO VXL truck for christmas. I was into the r/c world years ago but hurricane katrina took all my toys. I had a t-max that i got to use twice before loosing it.

I want to put a nitro truck together and money wise couldnt aford a new one, So I am interested in a broken one or parts you guys have set on the shelf to put one together.

lol plus i realise how much this hobby has changed over the past five years when the 12 year old at the hobby shop told me pops technology has changed.

Any advice you guys could give me would be helpful.

I can be contacted here or at winggvr@aol.com

Thanks for any help
    Sid
    Last edited by He123321; 12-04-2011 at 02:14 PM.

1st welcome to the Traxxas forum, and I hope you enjoy your stay with us :-)

Before you go any further, please do take the time to fully read the house rules.

Thanks...
    "We know who you are"

RC Competitor
    Thanks for the welcome, Sorry i read the rules and thought i was within your guidelines. Please tell me what I did so the mistake isnt made again, I expect I will be back involved with traxxas alot with my 2 grandsons

RC Qualifier
    Hi mate welcome to the forum, you can buy many varieties of trucks out there and if you looking down the line in the order of a MT then there's many choices but due to RULES....the only ones that will be discussed are Traxxas based products. Because I have an addiction to the hobby I have a varied spread of cars. My first was a Revo 3.3 which I have since hopped up with ally parts and a new picco .26 engine. My second choice was my Ten T and d the gimic of starting the engine by the remote grabbed me and suckered me in, but funnily enough I am now in the process of making it brushless with a velennion brushless system. Then came my Speed Rustler which has a lot of cash ties up in a possible 100mph run. Then the one I wanted all along was my E Erevo which I picked up brand new but second hand from a guy here in Australia. So I have a couple of monster. Trucks a stadium truck and a truggy. Fr you I would say if the dollars a few and far between buy your self a rolla, try to get one thats almost complete except for the servo and motor, that's if you want to go electric...or the same If you wanna run nitro. I'm not sure what you want to do though if you wanna keep up with the grankiddies and don't want the 1/16 as you got them grab a rustler, they are great fun and has heaps of hop ups available you don't need to spend the same dollars as me if your gunna bash it. I'm not sure on prices in the states you can get a vxl for about three hundred maybe? The other guys would know more, as RC prices in Australia are stupid, as when you buy a top range model here you can pay $200- more than the listed prices in America. So before you mKe the decision write your self a list of points i.e..
    1. What do I want to do with it
    2. How much can I afford
    3. Nitro or Electric
    4. New or Used
    5. 2.4g or Cyrstal
    6. MT, ST, Crawler, ect..
    7. RTR or Roller
    So I hope this essay helps you a little in making a good choice, we are all here to help you and remember there are no silly questions so ask away if you want....happy choosing..

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-27.618125,153.042374

RC Competitor
    emailed u back lmk what u think

RC Competitor
    Thanks Matt the info is very helpful, I guess i like the sound of the nitros. I am curious will the trucks i got for the grand kids out run a nitro with the 2.5 motor. I have been told that the brushless is the way to go, but i guess i am old school. Plus the nitro truck should be much bigger. This isnt something that will be used very often and it would look cool sitting in my shop on my desk with a cool paint job. I paint choppers so ofcourse it will be airbrushed. That sucks you guys have to pay that kind of mark up. Hopefully we can stay intouch i am sure i will want to know all the tricks to make it as fast as possible. Again thanks for your help

RC Competitor
    i had a 2wd brushless stampede and the nitro rustler would out run it all day

RC Competitor