Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast

Exclamation Recommended/ Possible ESC Replacement

I have an ERBE that the Monster Mamba ESC was toasted. I sent it to castle 2 weeks ago. I've been calling/ emailing since Monday. I finally got hold of a tech yesterday. He said they are working on getting to it. They have been backlogged since the recall issues.

Anyways I havent had a chance to run my ERBE as of yet. I picked this fine machine up on ebay for a good deal. I have tested everything including the castle 2200kv motor and its running good. I have an EMBE and tested the motor with the MM ESC on it. Other than the toasted MM ESC, all is good, which I knew when I purchased it. Looks like I might/ could be out for a little while, especially since the holidays are coming up.

I guess what i'm asking is what should I purchase in lieu of the MM ESC? Purchase the same off ebay? HPI Flux v3 ESC ( being waterproof, be good to just have around), issues, pro's, cons of buying that one. Or something cheap that would have me running till the replacement comes in. I dont want anything that will burn my motor up/ jeopardize my system. Maybe something in the $80-140 area. I could probably hold out another 3 weeks, but i really dont want to at the same time LOL. I dont think guys have the patience to wait. I'm already out 2 weeks w/o running it.

I'm currently running nothing but castle in all my rigs, so i'm basically setup to run them. I have the Field Programmer card, a couple links, and a good knowledge database on running with them.

So any recommendations are warranted. Thanks for the help in advance guys/ gals.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Racer
    I would recommend a hobby wing/xerun 150amp ESC. The are very cheap and have held up very well for me.
    SUMMIT
    ERBE
    Peed4X42400
    ThunderTigerMT4-G3

$90 to $100 for a NEW Hobbywing/XeRun or $120 to $130 for a used MMM? (Just found a new MMM in a private-party sale for $135 shipped.) Castle Creations would be getting my money. Again.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Qualifier
    From personal experience, the XeRun esc's are much smoother than the MMM and I have had both
    KNEE INJURIES HURT !!!

Good to know. Those are sensorless too, right? How's the warranty policy and process or have you yet to break one?

RC Enthusiast

Arrow

I scrapped a Ezrun ESC and the time it took me to drive the 30km to my lhs was the time it took to get a replacement. No questions asked.

I now have six independent local hobby shops. I know 4 don't carry those ESCs. The other 2 are new and I haven't visited them yet. Any experience with them thru the mails?

RC Qualifier
    I fried my xerun but it was my fault, I left my batts plugged in overnight... that wont happen again
    KNEE INJURIES HURT !!!