Results 1 to 40 of 40
  1. #1
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. TAT2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Harm City
    Posts
    3,702

    For those who think this is a "fail"

    Jang speaks... again.


    Edited by TheJANG
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 12-05-2011 at 06:50 PM.
    99%er

  2. #2
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Davenport, Iowa Quad Cities
    Posts
    2,470
    He has so many great points! Love his videos...
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

  3. #3
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. TAT2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Harm City
    Posts
    3,702
    Yeah; I don't usually agree with THE Jang, but this, imo, is right on the mark.
    99%er

  4. #4
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Zion, IL
    Posts
    82
    Wow...preach on, brother Jang.
    Slash VXL
    Grave Digger 'Pede
    30th Digger 'Pede

  5. #5
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Emaxx2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    West Palm Beach Fl
    Posts
    4,087
    Traxxas. This is the greatest win I have seen in years.
    Simply the best. The beautiful Traxxas SRT and TCP

  6. #6
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN (castleton area)
    Posts
    403
    ....wait....... you DONT have to pull the throttle in all the way........

  7. #7
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    80
    He's right and you could prob put the XO-1's motor in a metal gear E-Maxx or an E-Revo

  8. #8
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,088
    Thanks TAT2, thats what some of the forum members need to see. Jang is right on the money....

  9. #9
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    11,145
    I agree with everything but the iDevice part, though he did kind of redeem himself after the initial comment. Ive been more and more impressed with the Jang's videos lately... actually, ever since he started testing cheap stuff (aarma, electrix etc.) I've found he's been far more realistic about other things as well...
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

  10. #10
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. TAT2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Harm City
    Posts
    3,702
    Quote Originally Posted by jaman View Post
    Thanks TAT2, thats what some of the forum members need to see. Jang is right on the money....
    I agree with what some others in this forum have said: if you can't find a reason to at least appreciate this vehicle on some level, you're not seeing the big picture. Frankly, I've had enough of all the bad mouthing this thing has received--particulalry when it hasn't even been released yet. I mean if it's not the vehicle for you... it's not for you. Oh well. But how does that make the vehicle a failure? Sounds like sour grapes to me. At best.
    Last edited by TAT2; 12-02-2011 at 10:57 PM.
    99%er

  11. #11
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Cameron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    3,604
    Quote Originally Posted by TAT2 View Post
    I agree with what some others in this forum have said: if you can't find a reason to at least appreciate this vehicle on some level, you're not seeing the big picture.
    i'll re-quote that. so true.
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

  12. #12
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Inver Grove Heights, MN
    Posts
    1,541
    I agree with everything he says, and I think the XO-1 is a ground breaking car.
    NO, 95% of people would never buy the XO-1, but the fact that it exists, and it is capable of going 100mph is pretty crazy, and its there for anybody that really wants one.

    And Im sure more people than we anticipate will get one. I like the point Jang made, that even IF the XO-1 costed $1100 (which it it will not..) people can easily tie that much money up in 2 fairly basic trucks, a speed rustler, or a speed e-revo...

    I think people are just mad because they were all anticipating a big offroad truck. And just because it wasn't something they like they get mad...

    Okay... So don't buy it...
    So I taped my hamster to the Pede..

  13. #13
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Royersford, Pa
    Posts
    542
    I agree he made Great points thru the whole vid. I also think its a win, i mean its already getting news attn, so that will get ppl to the website. People may look @ it on the site and go "wow i cant afford that, but oh wow they have a (insert another car or truck here) and its a little cheaper" so even if they dont sell a ton of xo-1's its still a win if it helps sell other products
    just my $.02
    STRC Slash 4x4
    Hobby Hut Raceway, Audubon Pa.

  14. #14
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    America
    Posts
    615
    Great Video he covers all the points that I would have mentioned...

    Just to side track I built myself a near 100mph 8th scale car... the car cost me under $500 throw out the FM radio it came with add a spectrum with telemetry $230... Brushless conversion kit $115 center diff to replace 2spd trans $60 castle 2200 and
    Momba Monster esc at the time i purchased it $300 now its 350.... Custom Battery tray $50.... assortment off pinion gears $10 each I got 4.... New Tires and wheels 70 bucks

    Im in this monster of a car for $1250 and as for Battery's I purchased 2 6000xls from MA price LOL and set of traxxas 11.1 5000 mah so Im well over the X01.... and I can't plug in my I phone 4 hahaha but the spectrum with full telemetry does the job....

    If I didn't build this Monster last year I would def have bought the Traxxas car and I may just do so in the spring...
    V Twin Emaxx
    inferno gt2 aka XO1 Destroyer

  15. #15
    Traxxas Employee sofasticantseeit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Dallas TX
    Posts
    610
    It's really as simple as this...If you don't like it, or feel for whatever reason it's not for you, then don't buy it. We know and explicitly state that this car is NOT for everyone. But, if you are not going to buy this car because you hate Apple, or whatever the like, you really will be missing out on something incredible. The feeling you get from making a pass at 100+mph and hearing the sound this thing makes is truly special.

    Kinda like Blue Bell icecream...as far as the XO-1 goes, I drive all I can and sell the rest.
    Last edited by sofasticantseeit; 12-03-2011 at 01:02 PM.

  16. #16
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    TENNESSEE
    Posts
    364
    It's really as simple as this...If you don't like it, or feel for whatever reason it's not for you, then don't buy it. We know and explicitly state that this car is NOT for everyone. But, if you are not going to buy this car because you hate Apple, or whatever the like, you really will be missing out on something incredible. The feeling you get from making a pass at 100+mph and hearing the sound this thing makes is truly special.

    Kinda like Blue Bell icecream...as far as the XO-1 goes, I drive all I can and sell the rest.
    beautifully said my friend i cant wait to do a 100mph pass in fact im drooling at the thought of it
    MINE ARE FASTER THAN GPS!!!

  17. #17
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    37
    I agree with everything he said.
    Traxxas! Give us a better offroad 4x4!

  18. #18
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,536
    I like the car and would probably consider buying it , but there is no place to run it all out. I'll wait until they put that big motor in an off road truck ..

  19. #19
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Petertje60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Rotterdam, Netherlands
    Posts
    7,335
    The XO-1 makes a lot of people talk about it. Even Jang for almost a quarter of an hour. Great vid. Great car. Great company.
    Nobody is born with experience

  20. #20
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    66
    i like this jang guy. he actually has a brain and put just a tiny bit of thought into this. this car is insane. a work of art to some. lots of tech in it. lots of good points here, certainly not a fail IMO. id love to own one of these. hopin santa brings it to me
    X0-1/Brushless Boss 302

  21. #21
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    305
    3 days after the announcement:

    - 46 threads
    - 1003 messages

    Only here in this part of the forum...

    IMO: negative reactions are premature at this stage because they are not only emotional, but also based on purely theoretical projections and probably indicative of personal frustrations NOT to get the expected toy...

    Go explain that Traxxas is a bad company because people did not received the toy they hoped, it is childish.

    I now understand why some people say that Mods are very busy in the XO-1 forum

    I will probably not buy this car, but I'm very curious to see first reports, first videos, and more. And I see that this announcement will not let the RC world indifferent, at least it's a good marketing value for the company because of so many reactions, whether positive or not.

    Traxxas XO-1 in Google: 139,000 results, 3 days after announcement

  22. #22
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    10
    Greetings All,

    I would like to applaud Traxxas for releasing a new vehicle. I like the concept, design, creativity, and technology in the XO-1. While I'm not an Apple fan boy, as a programmer and computer technician it is a lot simpler to create software for the one version of iOS (from personal work experience, it appears to be more stable and I've had fewer issues with iOS devices than Android devices), than the many versions of the Android OS. Also the iPhone and iPod touches are all relatively the same size. Android phones come in many flavors, so how do they exactly make a docking station for the many different size Android phones a lot of us have?
    I haven't read anyone mention the fact that (as far as I know) they were the first to incorporate smart phones into RC!!! Absolutely astonishing!!! The IDEA alone of this car is a success! Who hasn't wanted to be able to view telemetry data on their car? Now we can in REAL time...AWESOME! For me, that alone is worth the price of an iPod touch!
    If Traxxas decided to close their doors and pulled their products from the shelves a lot of us would be sad. Remember it's companies like Traxxas, that make all the different vehicles we love. When is the last time, or first time, you made an r/c car and sold it? How many did you sell? When is the next one coming out? For those who can do better than what Traxxas or any other manufacturer is doing, I encourage you to start your own company and produce r/c cars that EVERYONE wants!
    It's impossible to please everyone, but we are all entitled to our opinions of the XO-1 and anything else in life. Whether you buy RTR or a kit, there is ALWAYS an extra cost somewhere. Our real cars are capable of doing more, if we remove the govenor, and I bet most of you are still driving and buying cars even though you haven't "unlocked" them yet! Even if you really don't like the iDevice feature or anything else about the XO-1, how about we show our support to Traxxas for TRYING! If you can find it in your r/c hearts to say something nice about the car or even the attempt, I'm sure it would mean the world to ALL THOSE INVOLVED in making the XO-1. To those who have been thrashing the XO-1, those are also the same people YOU NEED to create whatever vehicle you are waiting/looking for! Show your support, even if they didn't give you your dream vehicle.
    Last edited by rchaven; 12-03-2011 at 08:39 PM.

  23. #23
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    11,145
    No one thinks Ford is a fail because they built the F40 and very few can afford it. Its a win and so is ford because they not only build amazing vehicles that are at the TOP of the performance market, but they also build vehicles for the masses... traxxas is exactly the same.

    I can't imagine NOT buying something sweet just because I hate apple... (I don't though)... and the more I look at towers site (with a XO-1 already in my cart) and the room on my credit card... man... I want to push "checkout now".... I WANT to push that button SO bad.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

  24. #24
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    777
    Quote Originally Posted by rchaven View Post
    Greetings All,

    I would like to applaud Traxxas for releasing a new vehicle. I like the concept, design, creativity, and technology in the XO-1. While I'm not an Apple fan boy, as a programmer and computer technician it is a lot simpler to create software for the one version of iOS (from personal work experience, it appears to be more stable and I've had fewer issues with iOS devices than Android devices), than the many versions of the Android OS. Also the iPhone and iPod touches are all relatively the same size. Android phones come in many flavors, so how do they exactly make a docking station for the many different size Android phones a lot of us have?
    I haven't read anyone mention the fact that (as far as I know) they were the first to incorporate smart phones into RC!!! Absolutely astonishing!!! The IDEA alone of this car is a success! Who hasn't wanted to be able to view telemetry data on their car? Now we can in REAL time...AWESOME! For me, that alone is worth the price of an iPod touch!
    If Traxxas decided to close their doors and pulled their products from the shelves a lot of us would be sad. Remember it's companies like Traxxas, that make all the different vehicles we love. When is the last time, or first time, you made an r/c car and sold it? How many did you sell? When is the next one coming out? For those who can do better than what Traxxas or any other manufacturer is doing, I encourage you to start your own company and produce r/c cars that EVERYONE wants!
    It's impossible to please everyone, but we are all entitled to our opinions of the XO-1 and anything else in life. Whether you buy RTR or a kit, there is ALWAYS an extra cost somewhere. Our real cars are capable of doing more, if we remove the govenor, and I bet most of you are still driving and buying cars even though you haven't "unlocked" them yet! Even if you really don't like the iDevice feature or anything else about the XO-1, how about we show our support to Traxxas for TRYING! If you can find it in your r/c hearts to say something nice about the car or even the attempt, I'm sure it would mean the world to ALL THOSE INVOLVED in making the XO-1. To those who have been thrashing the XO-1, those are also the same people YOU NEED to create whatever vehicle you are waiting/looking for! Show your support, even if they didn't give you your dream vehicle.
    Absolutely awesome post!

  25. #25
    Marshal Dadx2mj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    21,274
    This thread has been cleaned up some. Let's keep this on topic please we do not need to rant on Ford vs Chevy or trash other forum operators here
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

  26. #26
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    11,145
    Quote Originally Posted by rchaven View Post
    To those who have been thrashing the XO-1, those are also the same people YOU NEED to create whatever vehicle you are waiting/looking for! Show your support, even if they didn't give you your dream vehicle.
    You know... this might just be the most intelligent thing said in the entire XO-1 thread... be careful what you say about the XO-1 because you don't want to hamper the motivation or creativity of the people who will undoubtedly be designing the vehicle you HAVE been waiting for... hehe. Novel idea!!! Well done!
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

  27. #27
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7
    im not into on-road but i may be now. heck, i just want to set it on the shelf. i think its stunning in a lot of different area's.

  28. #28
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1
    Jang gives a logical and humorous rebuttal to the numerous negative first impressions of the XO-1. There is no strong language or "language abuse" in his video, only strong opinions. If having a strong opinion is a violation of the forum rules, then the entire XO-1 Supercard thread titled "disappointed" should be flagged. I respect the moderators right to flag and remove posts, but in this instance it is a stretch to say the video exhibits language abuse.

    JANG SPEAKS! Traxxas XO-1 is a FAILURE! ... ?"


    The XO-1 is an amazing announcement in the RC hobby. We can imagine and guess what will come out next but the XO-1 will give many a platform to explore high speed RC road racing. When will we see someone take this car to 110MPH? 120MPH?

  29. #29
    Marshal Dadx2mj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    21,274
    Guys I watched/listened to the video more than once and missed the bad language. It is not severe but there is a word he uses that is blocked by the language filter and so therefore not allowed here.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

  30. #30
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Upper Marlboro, MD
    Posts
    150
    It's not a fail, if you don't like it buy something else point blank and simple. It will sell and I'm definately going to get one !
    Slash 4x4 and 10 other Models. Too Much !

  31. #31
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    spain
    Posts
    281
    Whether the car is a failure or not is a risky and courageous commitment to innovation.
    On the other hand, I've never understood these threads one month before the car hits the market.
    It is easier than this: you like and you can buy?. Buy it. You do not like? do not buy it.

  32. #32
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    34
    I think it looks sweet! i don't want one because i'm not into on-road only, but that doesn't stop me from liking it. I like the size, the fact that it's electric and comes stock with two lipos and a massive brushless motor. I bet the next thing Traxxas does with this platform will be off-road, it's probably already in the design phase.

  33. #33
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    10
    I'm still stunned by the out-of-the-box thinking with this car. Functional Ram Air, front splitters, rear diffuser, and all working with the body as one unit. Smart phone, which now allows me to view pertinent vehicle information, without having to stop the car and find a PC...simply amazing. Traxxas, again I say thank you.

    I've made a 1/5th scale out of the 3906 emaxx, and it's my favorite vehicle. I also have a 1/5th Harm EP-1 electric car. I have played with both vehicles on a standard 2 lane road, and I've even run them in a single car garage. I like to have fun and drive my vehicles as often as I can. I don't let a little thing like real estate stop me from having fun. No, you can't drive them wide open, but that's ok. I'm sure we can all have lots of fun with the XO-1 and the rest of our collection even if we don't get to the 3 digit range, or have lots of room to drive.

    Personally, I'm not a speed freak, but I love large scale vehicles, road course driving, off-road driving, and creativity from R/C car manufactures. I would love to see a video of the XO-1 competing against 1/8th scale on-road cars.

  34. #34
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    777
    I agree. I mean, if you want Traxxas to build you that 1/5 scale Summit that turns into a Revo with the press of a button, that can split into 2 Stampedes - 1 nitro and 1 electric, that can then transform into a 1/8 Nitro 4-tech gas/electric hybrid that has wings and flies, its probably best to not bite the hand that feeds you. lol

    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    You know... this might just be the most intelligent thing said in the entire XO-1 thread... be careful what you say about the XO-1 because you don't want to hamper the motivation or creativity of the people who will undoubtedly be designing the vehicle you HAVE been waiting for... hehe. Novel idea!!! Well done!

  35. #35
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by deanwrx View Post
    ...if you want Traxxas to build you that 1/5 scale Summit that turns into a Revo with the press of a button, that can split into 2 Stampedes - 1 nitro and 1 electric, that can then transform into a 1/8 Nitro 4-tech gas/electric hybrid that has wings and flies..
    LMBO, that has got to be the best idea for an r/c ever!!!!! Absolutely love it!!!

  36. #36
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    777
    haha! it will be called the "007"

    Quote Originally Posted by rchaven View Post
    LMBO, that has got to be the best idea for an r/c ever!!!!! Absolutely love it!!!

  37. #37
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Bozeman, MT
    Posts
    93
    That was a good video, he made a lot of very good points in it. I watched it once and no bad language stood out at me, but I was listening to the points he was making. I actually laughed through most of it, thanks for posting!

  38. #38
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. TAT2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Harm City
    Posts
    3,702
    Quote Originally Posted by TAT2 View Post

    I edited 2 seconds or so out of the video. What a pain that was!
    -ksb51rl
    Thank you so much for editing this so it could stay.
    99%er

  39. #39
    Marshal ksb51rl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Northern NJ
    Posts
    15,873
    Quote Originally Posted by RickHap View Post
    Jang gives a logical and humorous rebuttal to the numerous negative first impressions of the XO-1. There is no strong language or "language abuse" in his video, only strong opinions. If having a strong opinion is a violation of the forum rules, then the entire XO-1 Supercar thread titled "disapointed" should be flagged. I respect the moderators right to flag and remove posts, but in this instance it is a stretch to say the video exhibits language abuse.

    JANG SPEAKS! Traxxas XO-1 is a FAILURE! ... ?"


    The XO-1 is an amazing announcement in the RC hobby. We can imagine and guess what will come out next but the XO-1 will give many a platform to explore high speed RC road racing. When will we see someone take this car to 110MPH? 120MPH?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadx2mj View Post
    Guys I watched/listened to the video more than once and missed the bad language. It is not severe but there is a word he uses that is blocked by the language filter and so therefore not allowed here.
    I'll admit that I missed it the first time or two myself. When I was alerted to the issue by cooleocool's edit, I went back, reviewed carefully, and found he was correct. I did not throw a fit, I did not cast aspersions at anyone. To be so quick to indict and convict the action of a member of this forum, especially one who has been a great help to others for many years and who is charged with keeping this forum safe for all, begins to suggest that either the wrong people are influencing your perspective or that there is some other agenda involved. Strong (dissenting) opinions are not grounds for deletion, penalties, or anything else. If you don't agree that is the case... go back, review carefully... If you don't believe this is true afterwards, tell me why the mentioned "disapointed" thread still exists.

    I edited the video and reposted it. It was the wrong thing to do, however innocently intended. The video was TheJANG's property and as a person who is considered to represent a company of the stature of Traxxas, I should not have lent credence to the belief that editing it in any way and reposting it was allowable. He decently offered an edited alternative, which is posted above.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 12-06-2011 at 05:33 PM.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

  40. #40
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. TAT2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Harm City
    Posts
    3,702
    Okey dokey then. As long as it can remain... his points are good ones.
    99%er

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •