RC Qualifier

Slash sized summit complete!

Im very excited to say not only do my new wheel and tire combo look awesome it made my truck handle like a real 1/10 slash... No rolling! Looks like a slash... Feels like but its a franken vxl really. Summit with merv ssupension rocker arms..slas bumpers and body, i cut posts down to lower it...

Axial 1.9 beadlocks with RC4WD Dirt Grabber tires. Im sliding this truck on dry pavement no roll overs and plenty of hookup all around. Im posting a video showing performance come day light tomorrow..

Wow the title should be summit sized slash not other way around lol oops

Last edited by cooleocool; 12-01-2011 at 04:51 PM. Reason: merge
    'Life is for living, not living uptight'

RC Qualifier
    This is the look/performance type im going for; in general.

Last edited by RallySoob; 12-01-2011 at 02:33 AM.

RC Qualifier
    old tire size vs new tire size...

I think the old were like almost 5" tall and new ones are 3"...(same exact height as stock summit tires. they are 1.9 crawler type setup but these beadlocks and wheel combo are lighter than the stock summit wheel tire combo

I'm so content with this setup I can't tell you enough. The narrow tires dont hookup on the pavement as much which allows the truck to slide around instead of catch edge and flip over...i think the merv rockers helped there too.

So bummed I broke my ESC power cable lat night I have barely got to drive new setup more than 4 packs but I can say it is a huge upgrade in performance compared to those 2.2/3 wheel/tires I was running and also better than stock summit tires as far as all around performance but not sure yet how they will do in the deep loose stuff...in theory it should be good because on real trucks a narrower tire will general do better offroad because it digs instead of floats...we'll see
    Last edited by RallySoob; 12-01-2011 at 10:12 AM.

RC Qualifier
    oh well I guess they are closer to 4" tall then my bad... they look exact same size as the stock summit tire diameter when compared next to eachother yet they are half the width. I noticed that taller tires induce a roll over...I'm sure too small will do same thing so I believe this tire size to be the happy medium for my setup. If I ran merv size wheel/tire it would probably be more stable but also more tipsy because of the overstability from wide contact patch on tire creating lots of traction

RC Qualifier
    Thanks Chameleon... I 'almost' have it the way i like it I'm getting close though. I still need lipo batteries and RPM arms all around as well as few different mods like GPM metal carriers and probably get the TRX pushrods/toe links. Definately getting the GTR shocks tonight after work or friday at the latest and then trying to experiment with springs until I find one that lowers my ride height a little but adds some stiffness to the suspension. Also, I need to mess with the oil viscosity in my diffs to get the power distributing more to the rear than the front. anyway, you can tell I'm scatter brains over this project and thats fine I'm learning

RC Qualifier
    Nice...I actually have 6 of those 1.9 beadlocks collecting dust (removed from my stock SCX-10). I think the rc4wd steelies would look perfect with your setup.

XO-1|SlashUE-MMM2200|Rally-SV2&MERV-MMP w/NEU1112

RC Racer
    rally

it seems like when you are done you will have a merv with slash body and big tires

i run a merv with dirt hawgs and it definitely handles much better than my summit

those tires look nice - need to get some for my merv
    1/16 E-Revo VXL, Slash Ultimate, Slash 2wd MT

RC Qualifier
    Looks good man, get that ESC cable fixed and post up some videos already!!!

Those tires just remind me of trophy trucks for some reason.

Looking forward to your video.

Hey, did I mention you should make a video.

I think people would like to see a video heh heh

RC Qualifier
    dude I want Lipo's but I dont understand which ones I should get or which charger to get its frustrating... just got paid too and was hoping to upgrade in that department today

RC Enthusiast
    Very cool wheels and tires!

I keep trying to justify the costs for scale tires and beadlock wheels...this helps!
    Thanks for documenting your results.

RC Qualifier
    I just want to say make sure and flip the tires inside out and apply tape like duct tape or in my case a nonstretch nylon type duct tape alternative before u flip the back to normal and mount them. Could use gorilla brand duct tape its the thickest. Taping prevents tires from ballooning at high rpm and makes them rigid. Rock crawl tires are soft so it helps to tape them more than other tire types... Very noticable

RC poster
    to rally noob.
    you dont get any tire rub on the body?

RC Champion
    pretty slick! I dig it, Hoss!