RC Champion

I'd be willing to buy the XO-1 as a rolling chassis. Anyone else?

I would LOVE to have a rolling chassis and put all of my electronics in it. I'm positive I get go well over 100 mph.
    Jeremy

RC Qualifier
    in a hole.... with my rustler and an electrical outlet
    i would love to buy it and turn it into a drifter ive always wanted a drifter with traxxas backing, this is my solution!
    so this one time I ate a lipo.......

RC Champion
    Exactly, whats stopping people who don't have an iPhone or an iTouch to buy a Roller and then install the 1/5 Scale 8S capable Castle Mamba XL2 ESC and use their own Radio's
    Before you know it there will be parts all over eBay including the Motor
    All I know is i want one and have to figure out how im gonna get the $$ for it

RC Qualifier
    It would be a good idea, but the chassis is like half the price of the car probably, there are three stages to it. But, I could be wrong.
    Slash VXL
    Rustler Hobbywing
    Summit 1/16 VXL

RC Competitor
    Traxxas is RTR, that's pretty much the end of it. I think it's likely they will offer other configurations of it but the odds of getting one direct from them without the radio, lipos, etc. are slim. Gotta keep eyes on eBay and get your wallet out.

RC Champion
    I'm sure there will be plenty being parted out on ebay. Man that thing would fly with a 1/5 scale setup. I think it would easily exceed 100 mph with an 1/8 setup.
    Jeremy

RC Qualifier
    What Traxxas isn't willing to do, the chop shops on ebay usually are.

I give it less than 6 months before we see a build thread on here or URC.

RC Enthusiast
    You'll definitely be able to buy a roller - just not from Traxxas. If this is really going to sell in the astronomical four-figure price range (it's currently showing $1,150 at Tower), they need the leverage of selling it RTR to justify the price.

So you'll get your roller, but Traxxas still wins, since someone (doesn't matter who) paid full price for it before they stripped it.
    I <3 Gummy Bears.

RC Champion
    I agree. There will definitely be rollers out there and I'm sure several builds with different electronics.
    Jeremy

i'm betting the rollers will be all over ebay come jan or feb and they'll run between $250 and $370 for the rollers. after 6 or 8 months i'm betting you'll be able to get them for about $225.
    Associated rc8TE, rc8.2E, B4.2, Ofna LX2E, Slash

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by vxlrocket View Post
    i'm betting the rollers will be all over ebay come jan or feb and they'll run between $250 and $370 for the rollers. after 6 or 8 months i'm betting you'll be able to get them for about $225.
    +1 though I'm not sure we'll see them available in January (maybe late Jan). Usually takes a while to produce and sell enough of them but by the time many of us will be able to actually use one a roller should be a decent price.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by ponie1992 View Post
    I would LOVE to have a rolling chassis and put all of my electronics in it. I'm positive I get go well over 100 mph.
    +1 here!

200, 202, 420, humor 404, 301 to rc10talk, 410.

RC Champion
    I'm thinking the rollers may exceed $300. Just judging by how that chassis is set up and the new stuff that's on it.
    Jeremy

RC Champion
    I know I would like to get one or two to part out then one for myself just depends how the funds are.
    E-revo mmm/2200
    100+mph tc4 neu powered

RC Competitor
    I'm thinking the rollers may exceed $300. Just judging by how that chassis is set up and the new stuff that's on it.
    Initially, yes. But if we assume for the sake of argument that you can get one of these around $600-$700 if you work the deals right (coupons and such). I'm willing to bet people will pay $200 or more for the ESC when it first comes out then $120-$150 once the market fills up with them. I have had 2 of the original 1717s and if they have improved on that design then the motor is easily worth upwards of $200. So lets just call it $375ish plus that radio technology will likely find it's way into future models so it'll be worth a bit, maybe $75 for that? $30-$50 each for the lipos, call it $80 for the pair. That brings us up to $530 which means the seller breaks even if they sell it for $70-170 (depending on the cost of the car). When these first hit eBay I'm betting rollers will bring $300-$400, then settle down to about $250-$300.

I could be wrong, though, seeing how the on-the-fly telemetry and tuning WILL be a big hit the electronics may end up bringing more, we can't know for sure once they actually start getting parted out. This is all just my guesstimations while bored at work though

RC Champion
    I think parts will definitely be high at first. Most shops will probably not have a full supply. It's a pretty niche specific vehicle. Not everyone is into all out high speed. But, I'd be willing to pay $250-300 for a roller without electronics. I wonder what the bodies will cost. Not sure if Traxxas gave pricing or not on the price list. Some of the parts aren't cheap at all. I think they have the motor mount listed for $40 alone. I'm hoping the rollers won't be too pricey, but if the demand is low they may be. Only time will tell.
    Jeremy

i just hope the delay in release after announcement is so traxxas can start pounding out replacement parts. Something tells me they are going to be needed. I can hear it now if they finally get the car out at the end of the month and LHS and online retailers have zero replacement parts until the end of January. I think it was the Merv most recently (could be wrong) that was released and you couldn't find ANY replacement parts Traxxas or otherwise for a month or so.
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

RC Racer
    i would love to see a FastLane version off that chassis!! Expensive when you crash it though.....lol

RC Champion
    I think, I more than most, can feel out where the roller price is going to land. Lets just say I have "inside knowledge" on the ebay chop shops.

The market is going to all be based on the vehicle price. I have check on prices. The best on-line prices and hobby shop (one that buy direct) and a little under a grand for one shipped.

If there are 600-800 there will parts a plenty past the inital demand and crazy high bid prices.

At closer to a $1000 the game changes. If the electronics don't bring and continue to bring big numbers the chassis has to go for more. A supply/demand market naturally keeps selling price above cost. If the sellers is not going to take a loss, atleast not for long. With a partout there is not a fixed cost for each part, A seller has to buy the whole car and sell the whole car.

I myself want one but a roller sounds nice as well. I think I would be a buyer at 300-375 without electronics. I already have everything to gear it up. Might not go 100 mph with a MMM/2200 but will surely fly. I will give up 20-30 mph for 1/3 the cost. If I don't like it just re-sell the roller and re-purpose my already owned eletronics.
    Last edited by OCD RC; 12-03-2011 at 01:32 AM.
    Pay It Forward.

RC Champion
    I think the weight of the car would be close to my Rusty with an 1/8 setup on it. My Rusty weighs close to 7-1/2 pounds. The XO-1 weighs in at around 11 pounds I believe. And, that's with the big motor/esc setup on there. 1/8 setup would be lighter. So, I'm thinking with the right gearing it would exceed 100 mph with an 1/8 setup. Now, let's talk about a 1/5 setup on that beast. Hmmm.....
    Jeremy

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    OH man!
    I have several motors to choose from and the speedo that will work great and I should see 120MPH+
    and with a NEU 1527 on 6s, I bet 160mph is not out of the question!!
    First MiniSlash
    HK6XL Revo 4s 60mph Amsoil dealer

RC Competitor
    People it does drift the tires are belted slicks

RC Qualifier
    in a hole.... with my rustler and an electrical outlet
    ^^^ a roller would be cheaper i dont want to pay $1099 for a drifter when i can get it for less, besides its much too fast to be a dedicated drifter
    so this one time I ate a lipo.......

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    I would buy the RTR first then build one later.

RC Champion
    A drifter? Did y'all not see the vids of it haulin' around Texas Motor Speedway? Doubt a drifter could do that.
    Jeremy