Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    Think about that. Would Traxxas release something this new and revolutionary without the mechanism to support those who market it? Call me a fanboy, but I have a little more faith in this company than that.
    Um, I was expressing my faith that Traxxas has indeed covered this PR issue with it's resellers.

RC Racer
    I just had a thought on this whole idevice debate.
    I too am an Android user & have not really got on with apple kit at all. Neither has any of my friends or family, so when first reading about this, I was far from happy. I'm now seeing the idevice as a plus however. Since I can buy a cheap, used, 2gen ipod for the controller, I don't need to give a stuff about it. It will always be available (because no one will want it for anything else), won't need updating once it's working, unless there's a traxxas app update, won't ring while I'm using it & better still, won't be heart breaking when I drop it in the mud. If I dropped my Android handset in some of the places I run my cars, I'd be crying! Sounds to me like 50/60 nuggets well spent on a stunning upgrade for the handset.
    So therefore, nice choice Traxxas, stupid iDevice finally has a purpose & my Android phone is still safe!

RC Racer
    ps - anyone know if the release date for the handset is the same as the XO-1? I've no interest in the car, but a new 4 channel controller........

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Newth Cox View Post
    I too am an Android user & have not really got on with apple kit at all. Neither has any of my friends or family, so when first reading about this, I was far from happy. I'm now seeing the idevice as a plus however. Since I can buy a cheap, used, 2gen ipod for the controller, I don't need to give a stuff about it. It will always be available (because no one will want it for anything else), won't need updating once it's working, unless there's a traxxas app update, won't ring while I'm using it & better still, won't be heart breaking when I drop it in the mud. If I dropped my Android handset in some of the places I run my cars, I'd be crying! Sounds to me like 50/60 nuggets well spent on a stunning upgrade for the handset.
    So therefore, nice choice Traxxas, stupid iDevice finally has a purpose & my Android phone is still safe!
    Awesome answer from a person who isn't a iDevice fan... and i mean that sincerely. Ive been thinking of it in the same way for those who aren't apple fans. Which is why in the beginning (remember me... I started this monster thread) I said if anyone really has a problem with it being an apple device you need ill be happy to buy a cheap iPod, scratch off all the apple logos and sell it to them. Its shouldn't be about the brand of device you need to use... it should be about WHAT that device allows you to do. In the case of the XO-1 a simply add on allows for HUGE features... even if you hate apple, I see no downsides and you can always treat the device like Newth Cox is saying. Heck, it could even be therapeutic for some who REALLY hate apple... abuse the cheap iPod... get it dirty and never update it... bwah ha ha ha.... take THAT apple!!!!
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Very very very good post!! I couldnt agree with you more. I too am and have been an Android user. Not going to get into that. But i do own a 4th Gen iPod. Which would work perfectly for this. If anyone is interested in a little better case for their idevice check out LifeProof. They make a waterproof, dustproof, shockproof, & snowproof for my friends in the North. Plus this sucker is 1/16in thick which shouldnt effect how it mounts hopefully. Just a thought. They are a little proud of the case though at $79.

Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC poster
    Would be nice if I could re-purpose my old Android phone and get all the benefits you listed for free.

RC Competitor
    I second that....down with the Apple band-wagon!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    ^^ theres some helpful additions...
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

Quote Originally Posted by J3R3MY_H View Post
    Would be nice if I could re-purpose my old Android phone and get all the benefits you listed for free.
    Perhaps, but...

Quote Originally Posted by majikmike_69 View Post
    I second that....down with the Apple band-wagon!
    Once again another disgruntled Apple-hater has been heard from...

Once again I will reply that the requirements are not likely to be changed any time soon. And all this griping about products that haven't even been released has gotten old.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Champion
    who is using who. lol
    slash revo vxl x4 rally x2 ped 2wd slash vxl rus

RC Enthusiast

Will the 4 channel transmitter operate a 2 channel transmitter?

I had this issue when I picked up the original 2.4 Ghz 4 channel TX for my Summit. It would not link up with my other 2.4 Ghz receivers. Right after I picked up the 2,4 Tx/Rx setup, they switched to the link system, and I was not going to buy another radio system right after I picked up THEIR newest system. I would like to get the NEW radio system so I could monitor the battery voltage easier in my Summit while using Lipo batteries for longer run times.

Will the NEW 4 Channel TX run any older Link 2 Channel system with the original 2218 Rx? AND will a older Link TX run a vehicle with the new 6518 RX as long as I do not need the telemetry readings at that time. I realize that I would have to purchase the new Rx along with any sensors to get the telemetry readings in any of my vehicles, but I want to purchase one new TX for all my needs? I hate having to look for a specific radio system to run my truck. If I want all the bells and whistles, I will add the appropriate sensors for that vehicle.

I guess, I am asking how compatible the original 2.4 Ghz Link system is with the new I-Link system?
    Sum LT,ERBE
    1/16 Sum,Rally,Merv
    Slash,Rally,Pede

Quote Originally Posted by Nvr2Old View Post
    I had this issue when I picked up the original 2.4 Ghz 4 channel TX for my Summit. It would not link up with my other 2.4 Ghz receivers. Right after I picked up the 2,4 Tx/Rx setup, they switched to the link system, and I was not going to buy another radio system right after I picked up THEIR newest system. I would like to get the NEW radio system so I could monitor the battery voltage easier in my Summit while using Lipo batteries for longer run times.

Will the NEW 4 Channel TX run any older Link 2 Channel system with the original 2218 Rx? AND will a older Link TX run a vehicle with the new 6518 RX as long as I do not need the telemetry readings at that time. I realize that I would have to purchase the new Rx along with any sensors to get the telemetry readings in any of my vehicles, but I want to purchase one new TX for all my needs? I hate having to look for a specific radio system to run my truck. If I want all the bells and whistles, I will add the appropriate sensors for that vehicle.

I guess, I am asking how compatible the original 2.4 Ghz Link system is with the new I-Link system?
    Answers-to-Some-Common-TQi-Radio-System-Questions - first post.
    They should all be compatible but telemetry will only be available using both the new Tx and new Rx.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Qualifier
    I don't think I have ever seen so much whining over a great car using modern technology. I hear similiar complaints in the lhs.... All by those who won't cough up the cash to by the car anyway. Congrats Traxxas

Let's try to be nice to everybody.
    -ksb51rl
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 12-26-2011 at 08:36 AM.
    Boise, Idaho
    www.adventureiq.com