Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RC Racer

not much real excitement?

seams like this isn't much of a hit. between the odd size, the speed only, and need an i phone or i touch. looks cool. but not to much excitement over this. to bad i love traxxas products, and that's all i run. seams like the controller is the only real neat-o new thing, but so limited to the apple products. oh well next time. come on traxxas you can do it.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by zero-x View Post
    seams like this isn't much of a hit. between the odd size, the speed only, and need an i phone or i touch. looks cool. but not to much excitement over this. to bad i love traxxas products, and that's all i run. seams like the controller is the only real neat-o new thing, but so limited to the apple products. oh well next time. come on traxxas you can do it.
    I was considering getting one but once I saw that you need and ipod or iphone to unlock the top speed it's a no-go for me.
    ***You Build It ...I'll Jump It!!!*** OS .18 TZ; Trinity Pipe; HCR Titanium Skid Plates & Bumpers; Futaba S9450 Throttle Servo; Airtronics 94358Z Steering Servo; RPM A-arms & Knuckles; FOC; Lunsford Titanium Hinge Pins,Turnbuckles, Push Rods & Rocker Posts; New Era Roll Bar & Engine Mount; Proline Mashers on Velocity Rims.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by airmaxx23 View Post
    I was considering getting one but once I saw that you need and ipod or iphone to unlock the top speed it's a no-go for me.
    Same here. When did Apple buy Traxxas?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by LowFlier View Post
    Same here. When did Apple buy Traxxas?
    not every one has a i phone there traxxas
    vxl rustler
    slash

its called yahoo use it

RC Champion
    no doubt on this one.. way to drop the ball this time!!
    road rage its not just drivin its a blood sport

LOL not much excitement? The internet is blowing up over this. It may not excite you personally but over all people are very excited about his release. It is the talk of all the RC forums and getting a lot of traffic here as well. On road is not my cup of tea but I personally think this think is very cool and will open many doors in the future. Seems no matter what Traxxas does some people want to complain or criticize but man this thing is very exciting to me for many reasons.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Looks awesome to me...

Should be the ultimate parking lot basher. Comes geared for 50 mph, so it should be a lot of fun RTR.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadx2mj View Post
    LOL not much excitement? The internet is blowing up over this. It may not excite you personally but over all people are very excited about his release. It is the talk of all the RC forums and getting a lot of traffic here as well. On road is not my cup of tea but I personally think this think is very cool and will open many doors in the future. Seems no matter what Traxxas does some people want to complain or criticize but man this thing is very exciting to me for many reasons.
    It isn't going over well on RC Universe...
    ***You Build It ...I'll Jump It!!!*** OS .18 TZ; Trinity Pipe; HCR Titanium Skid Plates & Bumpers; Futaba S9450 Throttle Servo; Airtronics 94358Z Steering Servo; RPM A-arms & Knuckles; FOC; Lunsford Titanium Hinge Pins,Turnbuckles, Push Rods & Rocker Posts; New Era Roll Bar & Engine Mount; Proline Mashers on Velocity Rims.

RC Champion
    the internet is not blowin up over this.. the traxxas page is! i dont see anyone besides right here talkin about this thing..i love most of traxxas products, but there are way to many people out there that have other phones not just iphones and to have to buy either a iphone or a itouch just to use a $1000 toy is ridiculous! maybe if with this car traxxas sent a itouch than OK i could see that.. but if ur goin to make a product that NEEDS a whole other product for full use they should carry that product as well

It isn't going over well on RC Universe...
    Like I said no matter what Traxxas does there are those that are going to criticize, RCU and some other forum have a lot of Traxxas haters it is to be expected they will find something to complain about. Traxxas is arguably the #1 RC manufacturer today and has such always wears a big target on their back.
    BlindMan Racing
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Champion
    how can you not criticize this car? sure it looks cool, and the thought of a 100mph car in under 5secs is awesome, but its a dumb design to have use another companies product to run it to its full potential..

RC Champion
    Like I said no matter what Traxxas does there are those that are going to criticize, RCU and some other forum have a lot of Traxxas haters it is to be expected they will find something to complain about. Traxxas is arguably the #1 RC manufacturer today and has such always wears a big target on their back.
    I've been a big Traxxas fan for a long time, I'm not bashing them at all, I just think this isn't going to be very successful. Hopefully I'm wrong. The biggest complaints I'm seeing are in regards to the use of the ipod or iphone to unlock it.

RC Champion
    They could just have smelled the coffee and made it Android / Iphone compatible instead... or 2 different models for each platform.
    I would have bought it right away if it supported my Android. I am disapointed.First you read about this car and get exited and them with very small letters at the bottom of the page. 100 mph only available with and Iphone / Ipad touch.
    Thats not 100 mph out of the box... since there is no apple device in the box.... thats a major disappointment :-(
    Slightly Addicted

RC poster
    I am usually the biggest Traxxas cheerleader in my community! BUT, anybody check out msrp on this cat?? Super car for the super rich? I understand you are getting a TON of advanced electronics for your investment...but people who usually want to go this fast build their own rig. I think it looks awesome, and am glad Traxxas is busting out the "Big Guns" with this one... Just wish it would have been something more practical... I'm still trying to save up for a Brushless 1/10 E-Revo LOL.
    Anyway. "GO TRAXXAS!"

RC Champion
    oh im not gunna bash traxxas beside a mini that i have i own nothin but traxxas products, besides a couple vehicles they have this beein one of um they make great stuff.. 100mph rc is never out of reach just look in the tmaxx forum and youll see that, so this really isnt a leap into the future, just a leap off a cliff

I've been a big Traxxas fan for a long time, I'm not bashing them at all, I just think this isn't going to be very successful. Hopefully I'm wrong. The biggest complaints I'm seeing are in regards to the use of the ipod or iphone to unlock it.
    Yep seeing a lot of those comments. Personally they just dont seem very valid. It is like with the Rustler VXL, when it came out the speed claim was 70 mph but you had to buy the 3s lipos and some gears to get there, no big deal right? This comes with the lipos all you need is a relatively cheap Ipod Touch that you surely can buy for less than those lipos cost back when the VXL came out. We are talking about a 100 mph RC car here, having to throw in nothing more than an IDevice seems like no big deal to me for the end result. Look what hoops others have jumped through to get that speed in any other platform.
    Last edited by Dadx2mj; 11-30-2011 at 03:29 PM.
    BlindMan Racing
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Champion
    I will agree to that.As far as the XO-1 looks great boy dose it fly.Just wait until guys figure out how to make it fast. I personaly was hoping for a MT.O"well. Maybe some day.Until then i will enjoy the heck out of my E-Maxx.

RC Champion
    why should we have to buy a i-anythin to run the vehicle at full potential? ive got an android paltform based phone as do alot of people that might want this car, but arent willin to either turn in there already nice phone for a iphone or even go out and buy a itouch.. just cuz one person found a itouch for $50 dont mean everyone will

RC Champion
    Yep seeing a lot of those comments. Personally they just dont seem very valid. It is like with the Rustler VXL, when it came out the speed claim was 70 mph but you had to buy the 3s lipos and some gears to get there, no big deal right? This comes with the lipos all you need is a relatively cheap Ipod Touch that you surely can buy for less than those lipos cost back when the VXL came out. We are talking about a 100 mph RC car here, having to throw in nothing more than an IDevice seems like no big deal to me for the end result. Look what hoops others have jumped through to get that speed in any other platform.
    The difference is that you can buy several different brands of LiPos but you can't get different brand iPods or iPhones. Some people just do not like Apple and/or refuse to support them.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro on fire View Post
    why should we have to buy a i-anythin to run the vehicle at full potential? ive got an android paltform based phone as do alot of people that might want this car, but arent willin to either turn in there already nice phone for a iphone or even go out and buy a itouch.. just cuz one person found a itouch for $50 dont mean everyone will
    This is a hobby that to be honest is all about upgrading. I dont know of any vehicle that comes out of the box with it full potential unlocked without adding upgrades and doing mods. Isn't getting the full potential out of the vehcile part of the fun? I know it is to me.

Someone else posted the found an ITouch for $25, they are plentiful and cheap is the point, cheaper than many upgrades we do every day and think nothing of, like buying lipos or a brushless system which you already get with this new car.
    BlindMan Racing
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Champion
    sure is all about upgradin, but its not needed to be done.. i can break a shock tower and replace it with a stock one if need be i wouldnt down grade my phone just to be able to use this thing

RC Champion
    This is a hobby that to be honest is all about upgrading. I dont know of any vehicle that comes out of the box with it full potential unlocked without adding upgrades and doing mods. Isn't getting the full potential out of the vehcile part of the fun? I know it is to me.

Someone else posted the found an ITouch for $25, they are plentiful and cheap is the point, cheaper than many upgrades we do every day and think nothing of, like buying lipos or a brushless system which you already get with this new car.
    The difference is "choices", Traxxas is telling people they need a certain Apple product to unlock the XO-1's full potential. With regular upgrades you have several different brands to choose from so if you don't like one brand you can choose another and aren't force into something or a company that you do not want anything to do with.

The difference is "choices", Traxxas is telling people they need a certain Apple product to unlock the XO-1's full potential. With regular upgrades you have several different brands to choose from so if you don't like one brand you can choose another and aren't force into something or a company that you do not want anything to do with.
    This is true, Traxxas made the choice to offer what they did. You have the choice to buy it or not. If you chose not you can always go buy the competitors 100 mph car....oh wait there aren't any at least not without buying major upgrades.
    BlindMan Racing
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Champion
    my brother works for at&t and has told me on a number of occasions that android phones outsell iphones 4to1 traxxas should have done a little more research while droppin the ball on this rc

RC Champion
    This is true, Traxxas made the choice to offer what they did. You have the choice to buy it or not. If you chose not you can always go buy the competitors 100 mph car....oh wait there aren't any at least not without buying major upgrades.
    that comment alone is just ridiculous.. its only 100mph if you own a iphone or any other i-device my nitro rustler beats this thing in a race!!!!

RC Champion
    ...and unfortunately I won't be getting one for that reason alone.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    What a bunch of short sighted people. Do you not ALL recognize that to unlock the full potential of any castle ESC you MUST buy a castle link and have a computer? You can go online and buy an iPod touch for like $80... then you not only have something to program your ESC but also you have an iPod. If you hate apple... you'll obviously not like this setup no matter what a person does. So there will be NO pleasing you no matter what. However, if your anything like the other 25 000 000 people who DO have a new iPhone alone (not to mention the millions of others who have an iTouch) you'll be fine.

Ill be very curious to see if via castle link its possible to bypass this all together anyway. Now, I think the MSRP of $1100 is really high for this vehicle... BUT... it won't sell for that. Its going to sell for the $800ish mark with a discount at tower. If you want a competing 1/8 (or 1/7) Brushless 4X4 onroad car with a 2.4 radio with telemetry you'll need to spend $250 on the roller, $200 on the radio and $300 on the brushless system, then buy a MINIMUM of $100 in lipos. Your at $800 and you have what traxxas is selling RTR. I have priced this exact setup and this is what it costs. The car I priced did NOT have aluminum castors and carriers and did NOT have a painted/trimmed body... It also did not have the advanced air management system the X0-1 has.

IMO the fact that this car CAN do 100 mph is a secondary part of what it is. Its a 1/7 4X4 brushless onroad car that will do 50mph out of the box (impressive on its own) and CAN do 100mph with some tweaking. I don't know one car that can compete with this out of the box. NOTHING.

As a further response to the Iphone/andriod question... there is a very good reason castle and traxxas chose the iPhone platform as its base for this software... its listed in another thread and its not my information but it has to do with the security and compatibility of iPhone apps VS android apps. Android phones may outsell the iPhone but ready and consumer satisfaction survey results and you'll see a big difference. Theres a reason for that.
    Last edited by pavmentsurfer; 11-30-2011 at 03:51 PM.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

Gentlemen, when you have stated the same exact thing a half dozen times or more, perhaps you should consider your message heard. Or as heard as it is going to be. Don't reduce what may be an arguable point to spam.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Champion
    the point is.. if you want this car you NEED a apple product so to those many traxxas fans out there that dont have a apple device ur tellin them to buy a iphone or touch or there screwed? thats just a lil messed up dont ya think?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    What a bunch of short sighted people. Do you not ALL recognize that to unlock the full potential of any castle ESC you MUST buy a castle link and have a computer? You can go online and buy an iPod touch for like $80... then you not only have something to program your ESC but also you have an iPod. If you hate apple... you'll obviously not like this setup no matter what a person does. So there will be NO pleasing you no matter what. However, if your anything like the other 25 000 000 people who DO have a new iPhone alone (not to mention the millions of others who have an iTouch) you'll be fine.

Ill be very curious to see if via castle link its possible to bypass this all together anyway. Now, I think the MSRP of $1100 is really high for this vehicle... BUT... it won't sell for that. Its going to sell for the $800ish mark with a discount at tower. If you want a competing 1/8 (or 1/7) Brushless 4X4 onroad car with a 2.4 radio with telemetry you'll need to spend $250 on the roller, $200 on the radio and $300 on the brushless system, then buy a MINIMUM of $100 in lipos. Your at $800 and you have what traxxas is selling RTR. I have priced this exact setup and this is what it costs. The car I priced did NOT have aluminum castors and carriers and did NOT have a painted/trimmed body... It also did not have the advanced air management system the X0-1 has.

IMO the fact that this car CAN do 100 mph is a secondary part of what it is. Its a 1/7 4X4 brushless onroad car that will do 50mph out of the box (impressive on its own) and CAN do 100mph with some tweaking. I don't know one car that can compete with this out of the box. NOTHING.

As a further response to the Iphone/andriod question... there is a very good reason castle and traxxas chose the iPhone platform as its base for this software... its listed in another thread and its not my information but it has to do with the security and compatibility of iPhone apps VS android apps. Android phones may outsell the iPhone but ready and consumer satisfaction survey results and you'll see a big difference. Theres a reason for that.
    This is no where near the same as having to buy an iPod or iPhone to fully unlock the XO-1.

RC Racer
    Okay ... granted, I'm not crazy about the whole i-phone thing. But that's not what will ultimately keep me from buying one. It's not even the price. (Heck, I've dropped over three grand into this hobby in the 3-1/2 months since I made the initial jump.

The biggest thing is ... I can not imagine ANYWHERE I could open this thing up to 110 mph! Sure there's a stock car track in town ... but I doubt they'd just let me use it when I want. One of the local high schools has a beautiful track surface ... but it's a 400-metre track. I don't think I'd get anywhere NEAR 100 on that. (For that matter, thinking of making the turns ... what's the braking system like on this baby?)

No, in my case, the greatest limiting factor, I think, is simply the utter impracticality of it. (FOR ME, that is.)

I certainly don't begrudge Traxxas for bringing it out - it's a pretty darned impressive bit of technology, for sure. I was just REALLY hoping for something a little more "for the masses", if you know what I mean.

I think the most exciting aspect of this release, for me, is the potential "trickle down" of technology into the models I WOULD be more likely to add to my collection. (And maybe that's part of Traxxas's own "master plan".)
    Last edited by AlHenderson; 11-30-2011 at 04:12 PM.
    1/10 Summit (x2)
    1/10 E-Revo
    1/16 E-Revo b/l

RC Racer
    that comment alone is just ridiculous.. its only 100mph if you own a iphone or any other i-device my nitro rustler beats this thing in a race!!!!
    X2..its not a 100mph car...Not even close. And yes there are other cars out there that do that speed without major upgrades !

Yes Traxxas made it clear you need the IDevice to go 100 mph. How much do you have invested in your Nitro Rusty ? I am betting more than this thing costs, and what kind of a race. We are comparing apples and oranges. Being it is 4sd the X has a huge advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by LS6454 View Post
    X2..its not a 100mph car...Not even close. And yes there are other cars out there that do that speed without major upgrades !
    Not even close? I think you are mistaken. When has Traxxas ever been wrong on speed claims? What car do you think is faster?
    BlindMan Racing
    SPC Lipo Power

Quote Originally Posted by LS6454 View Post
    Before I close this thread too I will reiterate that many people are coming very close to outright traxxas bashing. FYI, not so vieled inuendos that we lie about speeds and engage in false advertising will result in not so veiled points being levied against your account. You have both made your points LS6454 and nitro on fire. The smart money would leave it at that. Just sayin...
    "Fortunately son, I says fortunately I keep my feathers numbered for just such an emergency!"
    Foghorn Leghorn

RC poster
    Got a question>> so I buy this ridiculous fast and sexy car.. I bump it to 90+ in an abandoned parking lot or something... LOOK OUT! it's a crack in the pavement! or a pebble, a grasshopper...What happens next?? >> crash and burn<< ...unless you have a track to run it on.. sure you don't have to do 100mph... however.. I said that about my motorcycle too.. and now I get to work a lot faster than I did in my honda... LOL Like what was stated before..It's more for a specialized set of RC Dudes.. No big deal.. Traxxas is what got me into RC (all hail the rustler!) but I think I will pass on this one! I would like to see this setup in an Emaxx and waterproof.. wouldn't have to worry about cracks and bumps then.. "excuse me miss...nevermind I will just run over you"
    Last edited by bulldog44sos; 11-30-2011 at 04:53 PM. Reason: grammatical error

RC Qualifier
    I think it's awesome!
    As I looked at it last night on my iPhone, and as I respond here, on my iPhone, I want the tx and rx alone for my oval slash.

Everyone thought Traxxas was crazy when they brought out the Slash. Now look - SC racing is at the height of the RC surface world. I'm not sure where this model will go, or how far it will go, but it will set the stage for the future of RC in one aspect or the other.

RC Qualifier
    i agree with pave ksb and Dad they have a point its cool with the new technology sure some dont do onroad just think of a emaxx for onroad not made for it. this car is cool(i want one but dont got the room to drive it).

RC Qualifier
    Well I got a lot of friends with and I something or another and will borrow theirs.. *L* This thing has started to grow on me so much i might have to put my EMBE up for sale to help buy it... I want one just because it is big and fast and good looking.
    I dont have to drive it 100mph (Mid 40 range is good for me) but i can brag that it will do it.. *L*
    No you cant drive it
    my RC is owner operated only

RC Qualifier
    not much real excitement... umm do what? go to google type in Traxxas see what the first thing that pops is. bet it is one of the most searched items on the net right now video has been out less that a day on youtube and a large number of hits for the time it is up...
    No you cant drive it
    my RC is owner operated only

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by AlHenderson View Post
    Okay ... granted, I'm not crazy about the whole i-phone thing. But that's not what will ultimately keep me from buying one. It's not even the price. (Heck, I've dropped over three grand into this hobby in the 3-1/2 months since I made the initial jump.

The biggest thing is ... I can not imagine ANYWHERE I could open this thing up to 110 mph! Sure there's a stock car track in town ... but I doubt they'd just let me use it when I want. One of the local high schools has a beautiful track surface ... but it's a 400-metre track. I don't think I'd get anywhere NEAR 100 on that. (For that matter, thinking of making the turns ... what's the braking system like on this baby?)

No, in my case, the greatest limiting factor, I think, is simply the utter impracticality of it. (FOR ME, that is.)

I certainly don't begrudge Traxxas for bringing it out - it's a pretty darned impressive bit of technology, for sure. I was just REALLY hoping for something a little more "for the masses", if you know what I mean.

I think the most exciting aspect of this release, for me, is the potential "trickle down" of technology into the models I WOULD be more likely to add to my collection. (And maybe that's part of Traxxas's own "master plan".)
    +1 on this is how i see this car, cool as ...... yeah anyway i would like to have just the roller and hang above my fish tank hope i get to see one run here. im sure we will see some great carnage on someone that will try and hit the 100mph mark on there neighborhood street and hit the ever so slight incline in the road and ......... kids we are for sure going to have lift off!!!! and a pile of parts through the neighborhood. Im going to buy stock in traxxas right now