RC Qualifier

XO-1 ESC Problem?

Ok guys I do not have an XO-1 but I have an XO-1 1717 and ESC directly from one that is in another vehicle and I started it up for the first time tonight and am having problems. Not sure what it is. I am using a Traxxas TQI Link setup as well with an ipod.

So hook the freshly charged 3s Lipos up. Run the plugin from the ESC to Channel 2 of the RX

Run the plugin from a Hitec 7955TG to Channel 1 of the RX

Power it on and beeps like it should. I then am able to throttle it and punch it. But the problem starts up when I start turning the steering wheel. If I grab the wheel and turn it back and forth fast, for some reason the vehicle begins to get throttle for a second but then stop. I am looking right at the pinion and it begins to spin at times for about a second or 2 and then stops. This is happening while I have the vehicle sitting up with its wheels off the ground and I am not giving it any throttle, but somehow it is thinking I am and then making the motor go.

What gives?
    Last edited by Babby; 04-11-2014 at 02:24 AM.
    Big Air Don't Care

RC Champion
    That servo may be causing the issue. I would try another servo and see if the problem goes away.

Jeremy
    Jeremy

RC Enthusiast
    Not trying to be captain obvious, but are you sure you have the ESC in channel 2 and not the second channel 1 of the receiver. I committed that boneheaded mistake before and experienced a similar result.
    MERV, P4DE, XO-1, 1/18th Rally, Alias

RC Qualifier
    Yes I did make sure of that. When I was troubleshooting this, that was one of the many posts I came across that were for a similar problem. Checked it, and my receiver is set up correctly. I am trying to upload a video at the moment to post on this thread...

So yeah when I hit the throttle, the motor accelerates just as it should. And responds correctly when I go to put it in reverse. The problem occurs when I am messing with the steering. Here is a cell phone video. You can hear the drive train fire up.

http://s1146.photobucket.com/user/Bi...3635c.mp4.html
    Last edited by cooleocool; 04-11-2014 at 04:57 PM. Reason: merge
    Big Air Don't Care

I dont run that system but had a very similer problem and it was what ponie1992 stated, a bad servo.
    I replaced the 2075 with a spectrum s6040 an a cap and haven't had an issue yet.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Qualifier
    Did a bit of trouble shooting with my Revo 3.3.

First, I took the 2 steering servos that are hooked up in the Revo and ran them to the rx in this vehicle I am having issues with and had no problems. I was able to turn the wheels rapidly in the Revo without the motor turning or acting up. And it would properly respond as well when I did push on the throttle. So hm, I figure it MUST be the Hitec Servo being faulty....

But then I took that Hitec servo and connected it to ch 1 in the Revos RX and was able to turn the wheel rapidly like I had been before without any ill effect. The throttle didn't act out or anything. So now I am unsure if it is the servo.

Whats next? Perhaps the RX that is in this vehicle with the 1717 and Xo-1 ESC is bad (got it a few weeks ago brand new with this Traxxas Link IPOD Transmitter). So I have 2 other RX's. When I plug either of them in, I can control the Hitec steering servo, but the ESC just beeps and flashes. Does that for both of the spare 5 channel RX's I have. What gives? This is getting frustrating.

One other side note, the RX I originally started with flashes Red when it acts up and puts power to the drivetrain while I am turning the wheel and using this Hitec servo. Isn't that a sign the servo is pulling to much juice from the battery? But if so, then why wouldn't the Revo act this way as well?

Help, please...
    Last edited by Babby; 04-11-2014 at 06:28 PM.
    Big Air Don't Care

RC Champion
    Every time you swap receivers, you need to recalibrate the throttle.

Jeremy
    Jeremy