Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Am i the only one...

Who wants to know how this beast handles as a touring car and not a missle?

100+mph is such a mind-blower that people miss the rest of the package (which is totally understandable). XO-1 as a fully-rounded high-performance R/C car. It is an exceptionally fun car to drive in road-racing mode at 50mph. It's got a surplus of power, so you do need to have throttle control to launch smoothly. Once the aero kicks in, it hunkers down and handles very precisely. Racing was not a design objective, but for sure, XO-1s on an 1/8 scale on-road track would be awesome! --Pete
    Last edited by PeterV; 12-02-2011 at 12:14 PM.
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

one of my friends runs the local outdoor on-road track hosted at our local high school and we were talking this morning about a spec class with something like a 250ft straight and he said he didn't think he could get insured for something that fast. could you imagine it if one of those jumped the track rail at 80+?
    Associated rc8TE, rc8.2E, B4.2, Ofna LX2E, Slash

RC Champion
    Big block motors with triple digit claims is what sells.

Put a rule where you cannot run with the iPhone app. The governor is unlock via the iPhone. Without it this car probably does 60mph

Once you unlock the car, it's unlocked--you can do 100mph without a device. But you have to install the included mega-pinion. If you don't, the car goes 50-55mph whether locked or unlocked --Pete
    Last edited by PeterV; 12-02-2011 at 11:54 AM.
    Simply the best. The beautiful Traxxas SRT and TCP

it does look crazy cool. i hope it's not much more than an e-revo

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx2.0 View Post
    Put a rule where you cannot run with the iPhone app. The governor is unlock via the iPhone. Without it this car probably does 60mph
    So, hypothetically speaking, If I borrow my mate's iphone and unlock the 100mph, and then remove the iphone, it will go back to the default settings ??

Nope, it stays unlocked. See post 4 (and sorry for breaking into these posts, but I think it will help new visitors to this thread --Pete
    Last edited by PeterV; 12-02-2011 at 11:55 AM.
    Morten SnoopMaxx
    3906 ROCKSTAR Makita
    c",)

good point...it looks like it has a training mode...i wonder if that is what it's default is without the i-phone attached.

Training Mode is in the App, and its infinitely adjustable. Instead of 50% or full throttle, you can set Training Mode for any speed you want, right at the Tx--no ESC button-pushing required. --Pete
    Last edited by PeterV; 12-02-2011 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SnoopMaxx View Post
    So, hypothetically speaking, If I borrow my mate's iphone and unlock the 100mph, and then remove the iphone, it will go back to the default settings ??
    most likely. From what I'm readking the iPhone has Traxxas link live which communicates with the car and unlocks the governor on the esc! For 100mph. Now can you bypass the settings via castlelink?

The ESC is Castle link compatible, but the power system cannot be unlocked via Castle Link. You MUST go through the app. You can borrow an iPod or iPhone to do it, you don't need to own one. --Pete
    Last edited by PeterV; 12-02-2011 at 11:58 AM.

Jang mentioned something to that effect, but im not so sure he wasnt stating it as a question.

Quote Originally Posted by SnoopMaxx View Post
    Word is you need the "I" device to unlock the speed governor , Castle Link wont do it. However once it is unlocked you do not need the "I" device attached, the governor will stay disabled without the device present.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Competitor
    I see a money investment for people with Iphones. You want your car to go fast, I'll rent ya my phone for $$ LOL

RC Competitor
    One video of a guy driving it said that once you get to 50 mph it sucks to the ground and then you have tons of control.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadx2mj View Post
    Word is you need the "I" device to unlock the speed governor , Castle Link wont do it. However once it is unlocked you do not need the "I" device attached, the governor will stay disabled without the device present.
    Ah okay
    That's very helpful then, and I don't mind dropping a buck or two to unlock a feature like that .. IF, as you state, it will stay unlocked

I'll never be able to buy this car any way
    Morten SnoopMaxx
    3906 ROCKSTAR Makita
    c",)

If I was an owner of this car I would no doubt pick up a used IPod Touch just for the sole purpose of using it on the new radio. My kid just bought one for $50, that would be money well spent in my mind for all the telemetry and features it offers.
    BlindMan Racing
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I don't get it. Now the MMM has bluetooth?? How is the phone talking to the ESC, unless it's the rx limiting throttle input based on the speed sensor.

Edit, it has to be a limit through the rx, not the ESC. Because if the phone could talk to the ESC, that would mean we could program all the usual MMM features through the phone...

If that were possible, you'd expect Castle to roll that out with their other ESC's too.
    Last edited by ducati777; 11-30-2011 at 01:09 PM.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx2.0 View Post
    just change out the radio simple

Why change out the radio when it comes with a pretty sweet one? For racing you do not needa 100mph missle. I just realize this car 0to60 is as fast as a Bugatti and is almost as fast as a Tesla roadster.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by vxlrocket View Post
    it does look crazy cool. i hope it's not much more than an e-revo
    Tower has the price listed at $1099. Unfortunately at that price I don't think it's going to end up being a real big seller.
    ***You Build It ...I'll Jump It!!!*** OS .18 TZ; Trinity Pipe; HCR Titanium Skid Plates & Bumpers; Futaba S9450 Throttle Servo; Airtronics 94358Z Steering Servo; RPM A-arms & Knuckles; FOC; Lunsford Titanium Hinge Pins,Turnbuckles, Push Rods & Rocker Posts; New Era Roll Bar & Engine Mount; Proline Mashers on Velocity Rims.

Me neither it is a very select market for this. I certainly wont be buying one. i can hardly find enough parking lot to race my BB kyle busch around without running into stuff. We dont have very many wide open nothing in them at all parking lots around here. and the ones that are opened up like that i wouldnt run my Revo in...

RC Champion
    tesla roadster has a 0-60 less than this and the XO-1 beats the veyron to 100mph too. although if you are saying top speed who knows how fast this is because the erbe was 65+ and it was gotten up to 90 so it could be faster in all aspects than the tesla
    sppppaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaccccccccceeeeeeeeee!!!!!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    Me neither it is a very select market for this. I certainly wont be buying one. i can hardly find enough parking lot to race my BB kyle busch around without running into stuff. We dont have very many wide open nothing in them at all parking lots around here. and the ones that are opened up like that i wouldnt run my Revo in...
    Like you said, along with the price there is the issue of having enough space to get up to speed and then having room to stop. I would have rather seen a 4-Tec size brushless street car capable of 70 MPH.
    ***You Build It ...I'll Jump It!!!*** OS .18 TZ; Trinity Pipe; HCR Titanium Skid Plates & Bumpers; Futaba S9450 Throttle Servo; Airtronics 94358Z Steering Servo; RPM A-arms & Knuckles; FOC; Lunsford Titanium Hinge Pins,Turnbuckles, Push Rods & Rocker Posts; New Era Roll Bar & Engine Mount; Proline Mashers on Velocity Rims.

Or even a proper 1/8 E-4tec with the MMM would have been nice. I have to admit i fear that thhis X0-1 might have gone a little too far. Time will tell of course, but my initial response was, WOW are you kidding, where.. how.. why?

But a proper built car similar in size to the ERBE in length with all the TC goodies would have had me selling stuff to get in line for it. Now i just sit back and watch lol.

And yes im jsut mad that this doesnt fit the Kyosho GT2 Corvette body i have here... lol

RC Champion
    this could be an investment

RC Competitor
    I would really like to know the price.
    The speed can be controlled with throttle control - like anyone will not drive at full throttle. LOL

both tower and amain list at $1099. but unavailable. who knows where final pricing will end up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadx2mj View Post
    If I was an owner of this car I would no doubt pick up a used IPod Touch just for the sole purpose of using it on the new radio. My kid just bought one for $50, that would be money well spent in my mind for all the telemetry and features it offers.
    Thank u. People it doesnt need an iphone and monthly service. It just needs a tOuch. Locally they can be purchased for so cheap used in great condition. People are seeing this as a glass half empty scenario. Id so much rather this, where i can use the device for lots of things, instead of paying extra 200 for the same remote with a black and white color screen that just stays attached.

By the way, this is the trend. RCs using apple to communicate. I saw one at local toy store that does, there is drones that use apple and its all for a reason.

There wil always be the big debate of android versus apple. Personally ive ownd both and apple blows it out of the water. Imo i dont see anything special or unique with droid. But that doesnt mean u have to switch carriers. Just buya used touch if u dont have the best mp3/mp4 music player on the market anyways. No big deal. Its going to save a ton of money, and get an independent powerful, multi-use screen.

Btw, someone had stated in urc thread "who uses apple products anymore". That person must be living in a cave, cuz apple isnt going away anytime soon. Btw, i use a p.c for desktop, pc for laptop, but iphone for phone, and touches for music. Im only biast to a quality product.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by AbSoLooT1 View Post
    Imo i dont see anything special or unique with droid.
    I can install software to a 'droid without it being vetted by Apple first. I'm a programmer. Closed OSes are retarded and limiting.

RC Champion
    i think this will be the only r/c that making it slower, would be an upgrade. lol
    Or rpm makes some wings for it.
    Is this the bugatti veyron of the rc world.
    If you can afford this i'm pretty much sure you could afford an iphone, or 5.
    Last edited by trax de max; 11-30-2011 at 02:53 PM.
    Guide books aren't part of the packaging.

Quote Originally Posted by RC Caleb View Post
    One video of a guy driving it said that once you get to 50 mph it sucks to the ground and then you have tons of control.
    Makes perfect sense. So much so ive scrapped going 100mph in rusty and getting this thing in the future. But if someone understands aero dynamics, theyd understand why this vehicle will seem to do great on the good smooth surface. Just gotta find enough room to drive it. I.e. Airport runway lol.

But important thing is what this does for rcing. Obviously this is going to take it up a notch with proper telemetry, and one more thing to incoporate out portable elec devices too. They dont do enough already. I for one am lovin this car. Big time!

Just want a saleen S7 body now, since its so close to this one.

Quote Originally Posted by LowFlier View Post
    I can install software to a 'droid without it being vetted by Apple first. I'm a programmer. Closed OSes are retarded and limiting.
    But you are not the masses is the thing. And ur experience is unique to u. I personally, although very tech sav, am not. But.. Again thats my opinion.

Also, one can jail break an iphone/touch and make changes to the programming as well. A friend is mine has the apple, droid, and galaxy os(if not mistaken on 3rd) he can switch to on the fly. Is that what u mean? Apple can do the same.

But again, its personal preference. I see why people like droid. I didnt dislike it. Did the phone is was osing on. But i "prefer" the apple os for handheld devices. The only thing i dont get is bashing on the other because someone prefers one type. They are both respectable products in their own right, made by two innovative companys " down the street " from one anouther. Only when people dislike, what alot of others like because it is well liked is when i question their argument.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by LowFlier View Post
    Exactly, Android is open and so much more can be done with an Android device if you're the type that likes to tinker. You adapt to your iPhone...you're Android adapts to you. I just refuse to support Apple in any way at all because of their business practices. There are more Android devices out there than iPhones. But this is a whole different subject...we now return to our regularly scheduled program.
    Last edited by airmaxx23; 11-30-2011 at 03:06 PM.

RC Racer
    just unlock it at the factory. jeeze all this you have to buy more to run it at full potential. is just dumb

Wow how the heck did this turn from traxxas forum to an apple v android thread.

RC Competitor
    Yea and to think, it's not even out yet and people are already complaining. It looks awesome.

Wow how the heck did this turn from traxxas forum to an apple v android thread.
    It has not and will not. Please keep the comments on topic so we dont have to start removing posts.
    BlindMan Racing
    SPC Lipo Power

wow and i get the finger wag. sorry to try and steer it back on track. All i see past about post 10 is apple android apple android apple android.

Sent from my Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Cameron; 11-30-2011 at 05:25 PM.

wow and i get the finger wag. sorry to try and steer it back on track.
    Nah you either took my post wrong or I worded it poorly. I was agreeing with you
    BlindMan Racing
    SPC Lipo Power

Oh ok that makes more sense lol.

So who has actually driven this? Just R&D? I really want to know how it handles an RC track and not the Trioval at TMS lol

RC Racer
    what happens when your doing 100 in a parking lot and you hit a pothole or rock. your screwed then.
    Martin
    Shaftsburyslingshot21

the car magically transforms into an airplane.