RC Qualifier

My to do list:

1: Earn money.
    2: Celebrete my 14th b-day.
    3: Earn some more money.
    4: Buy an iPhone.
    5: Earn more money.
    6: Buy the XO-1!

Thats my only goal for 2012; Buy the XO-1!
    This is a signature.

RC Champion
    Long list, and you won't be able to drive it anywhere...

Or you could save up some more and buy a runway?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by snowslider View Post

If you do not wanna buy iPhone and save money, just buy a iPod Touch off of craigslist or something.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by slash116vxl View Post
    Long list, and you won't be able to drive it anywhere...

Or you could save up some more and buy a runway?
    *L* +1 Cool looking car but i dont see a pratical use for it unless u own a run way, or race track.. or unless u just have more money than u know what to do with and race it on the highway and destory it.. Cant wait till someone's X0-1 gets run over by a mini van.. Or the XO-1 takes out a Mini Van *L*
    No you cant drive it
    my RC is owner operated only

RC Champion
    you know I've estimated running costs of this thing (yes you will crash at 100mph) to be somewhere north of $5000000 race track included
    I don't want one I just marvel at the engineering in it
    Does more $ = More fun?
    Rustler VXL

RC Qualifier
    My old phone is broken...
    This is a signature.

Just because it wil do 100 mph doesn't mean you HAVE to drive it at that speed. Clearly this isn't for everyone, but for some this will be just what they've been looking for. Nay sayers...
    99%er

RC Qualifier
    TAT2- Exactly maybe I'll drive it in 100mph once, or twice. It looks awesome, It (hopefully) drives like a dream. I could probably admire it for hours, and take it fully apart for no reason, then rebuild it again. If someone comes towards me and says "Aren't you a little old for toys?" Then I could just do a 0-60 run, then their opinion about me being a little to "old" for toys change. Forever.
    This is a signature.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    I bet it makes a great 4X4 parking lot basher also. I almost think traxxas did themselves a disservice by pushing the 100mph deal and not really talking much about its general all-round drivability. If they had of talked about how great it was to rip around a parking lot AND that it would do 100mph that would be different. But based on the advertising you get the impression this car was designed ONLY to go 100mph but that isn't true. You can see in its design its meant to turn corners also. Id buy one if I had the money. I was contemplating buy an Ofna GTP2E... but id buy this first. WAY higher performance electronics for pretty much the same $$
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Champion
    you don't say pave that 1717 motor dwarfs the mamba motor from castle found in the erbe... and we thought that had power!
    Does more $ = More fun?
    Rustler VXL

RC Racer
    Could you even keep tires on it?
    E-Maxx 3903

RC Competitor
    Same here just got to wait for x-mass and my 14th b day and then i should hv enough money from those two and snow shoveling money to buy the car and an FPV system. The car is amazing so yeah
    XO-1 Supercar

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    I almost think traxxas did themselves a disservice by pushing the 100mph deal
    JusT do a web search for the XO-1 and you will see how wrong this statement is. See how many non r/c sites are talking about this car. It was even popping up on front page of yahoo news. They are talking about it because of those three beautiful digits, 100. This may be news to most the hardcore r/c guys on here but chances are this car was NOT made for them. There are far more non hardcore r/c consumers out there. That's who this is built for. Expert warning aside it's for the guys guy that has an obligatory need for speed and showing off.

Embrace it for what it is, and stop complaining.

Rouleau, aka "Dog River", Saskatchewan, Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by TAT2 View Post
    Just because it wil do 100 mph doesn't mean you HAVE to drive it at that speed. Clearly this isn't for everyone, but for some this will be just what they've been looking for. Nay sayers...
    What?! You're telling me that when this car makes it to my doorstep, that I don't need to drive it at 100mph? Lol. I'm not sure I will be able to run this car for more than 15mins without feeling the burning desire to see it go full out! I dont think i possess that kind of willpower or restraint. To be honest, 10% of the reason I bought this car is for the cornering capabilities and general drivability at lower speeds, the other 90% is to try and break the sound barrier with it!

Sent from Dan's iPad using Tapatalk
    Never trust an "Atom", they make up everything.

Great goal

Quote Originally Posted by snowslider View Post

This sounds like a good, manageable goal. Don't let the naysayers give you a hard time, stay focused and you will be tearing up the local parking lot with high speed racing before you know it.
    RJ
    “Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.”
    George S. Patton